The 1998 season video suffers from the same irritating commentary that spoils the 1997 review. Again, all the races are covered in the same bland fashion, delivered as if the action is occurring live.
However, there’s good race footage and extra material in abundance, including plenty of driver and team principal interviews, mini-features and plenty of information on the substantial regulations changes that were made that year.
The 1998 season was not too short on excitement either, with some memorable shunts (Canada, Spa), incidents (Argentina, Spa again) and a down-to-the-wire championship battle. But the commentary is a massive turn-off and really spoils the repeat viewing potential – even for the truly committed fan.
Best bit: The entire Belgian Grand Prix, from the huge start-line crash to Michael Schumacher’s run-in with David Coulthard to Damon Hill’s crazy victory leap.
F1 Fanatic verdict
F1 Fanatic earns a commission on products sold via the links to our affiliate partners above, however you are not charged any extra. See here for more information.
- F1 2013 – the F1 Fanatic review
- Rush – the F1 Fanatic review
- British Motor Shows & Racing in the 1970s reviewed
- The Playboy and The Rat reviewed
- Martin Brundle Scrapbook reviewed
- F1 Fanatic reviews over 100 Formula One books
- McLaren M23 F1 car Haynes manual reviewed
- “Silverstone” by Chas Parker reviewed
- McLaren – The Drivers reviewed
- Official F1 Live Timing App 2013 reviewed