The penultimate bend, Europcar, has been tightened to allow for the insertion of a chicane on the approach to New Holland.
As mentioned earlier on F1Fanatic the changes have been made to improve safety and effectively neuter two of the fastest corners on the Circuit de Catalunya.
Are the potential gains in safety and overtaking worth compromising two fast corners? It will be interesting to see if this year’s race is better than most of the processions we’ve gotten used to seeing in Spain.
- More overtaking at Barcelona in ’07?
- The Ben Evans Column: Boring Barcelona
- F1 2006 Review: Most popular race
- Overtaking: Too much or too little?
- Going to a race: Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona