Unprecedented demand for British Grand Prix tickets in the wake of Lewis Hamilton’s maiden Grand Prix win has forced the Silverstone website offline.
The circuit yesterday revealed that all of the general access tickets for the race had been sold and only Grandstand tickets remained.
But this morning much of the website hasn’t been accessible as fans scramble to buy tickets. There are, however, many tickets being offered for sale on eBay.
Silverstone Circuits managing director Richard Phillips said: “The reaction to his win in Canada has been amazing. We haven’t seen this level of interest since Mansell-mania in the late 80s and early 90s.”
- Tout threat for Grands Prix?
- The Hamilton hype-ometer strikes back
- Return of the Hamilton hype-ometer
- The Hamilton hype starts here
- Two Lewis Hamilton kart videos
- Canadian Grand Prix 2007 review – Hamilton wins in Canadian carnage
- Silverstone (external)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others