At the start of the year it was if the Schumacher dream team had never gone away. Kimi Raikkonen cruised to victory at Melbourne with one hand on the wheel.
Despite a hiccup in Malaysia Felipe Massa was the man to beat in Bahrain and Spain.
But now McLaren have scored three one-twos on the trot and suddenly Ferrari are looking over their shoulders and finding BMW closer than ever. So what’s wrong?
Plenty of fans are voicing their displeasure at the drivers – particularly Raikkonen, whom many expected to blow Massa away. Michael Schumacher is sitting on the pit wall but many fans want him in the car.
Others suggest Ferrari’s new technical team have lost their way with the radical F2007. One source even suggested that a recent accident in Ferrari’s wind tunnel set the team back.
Have Ferrari fouled up – or are McLaren just doing a better job?
- Debate: Is F1 challenging enough?
- Debate: Where should the United States Grand Prix be held?
- Debate: Can Lewis Hamilton be world champion?
- Debate: The best ITV F1 title theme tune
- Debate: Are 2007 F1 cars ugly?
- Debate: What’s your favourite F1 site?
- Debate: 2.2-litre V6 turbos for F1?
- Debate: Your verdict on Max Mosley
- Debate: Are F1 races too long?
- Debate: When did you start watching F1?
- Debate archive