Winkelhock will partner compatriot Adrian Sutil – the pair being among five German drivers on the grid at the Nurburgring.
His father Manfred raced in F1 in the 1980s but was killed in a sports car crash in 1985.
Winkelhock may only have the seat for one race as another of Spyker’s four test drivers, Adri?â?ín Vall?â?®s, has been linked with the seat at the Hungaroring in two weeks’ time.
- Markus Winkelhock biography
- European Grand Prix 2007 preview & TV times
- F1′s famous names return
- Spyker officially drop Albers
- F1 driver line-up changes for 2008
- Superstars with super names
- F1: It’s nepo-tastic!
- Spyker – Markus Winkelhock to debut for Etihad Aldar Spyker Formula One Team at Nurburgring (external)