The great Mercedes advert was on television again yesterday evening and it put me in the mind of another great F1 television advert – a young Damon Hill with Murray Walker in the Pizza Hut ad.
Like the advert with Fernando Alonso and Damon Hill, it works well because the pair are clearly entering into the spirit of what they’re doing, and the script is funny and tightly written. Hill’s acting isn’t that bad the Pizza Hut advert, Murray is.. well… Murray. And Alonso’s choreographed (?) trip on Hamilton in their advert made me laugh.
There’s also a selection of ten of the best recent F1 TV adverts.
- Video: McLaren advert behind the scenes
- Video: Alonso, Hamilton and Hakkinen advert
- F1 in the blogs 24: ITV & Ofcom
- Red Bull’s 2007 launch movie
- Video: Shell & Ferrari’s ?âÔÇÜ?é?ú2m F1 TV advert
- F1 Video special: Advertising breakdown