A ?é?ú25m plan to develop the Silverstone circuit has been approved by the circuit’s owners, the British Racing Drivers Club, in a meeting yesterday.
The circuit will get new grandstands, new pit and paddock facilities, a science park, a test centre for car manufacturers, hotel and conference centre, and new homes nearby.
Silverstone is fighting to keep its place on the F1 calendar. Its current contract expires in 2009 and Bernie Ecclestone has repeatedly demanded the track make improvements. (Links below)
- Debate: Should Ecclestone buy Silverstone?
- UK government not interested in Grand Prix
- Why Britain should share its Grand Prix
- Silverstone and David Cameron
- More pictures from the British Grand Prix
- Pictures from the British Grand Prix
- British Grand Prix 2007 wallpapers
- Have you been to the British Grand Prix?
- Silverstone Cap Count
- British GP 2007 review: Raikkonen takes control
- BBC Sport – Silverstone plan gets green light (external)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others