Are you glad to see F1 bringing the show right into the hearts of major cities?
Or are street tracks slow and potentially unsafe gimmicks that belong in Champ Car and the Indy Racing League – but not Formula 1?
For years Monte-Carlo has been the only true street track on the F1 calendar.
Next year’s two new F1 venues will be street circuits and Valencia and Singapore. A street circuit in Korea has been mooted for 2010.
Monte-Carlo is famed for being glamorous but processional. There are always safety concerns about the close proximities of barriers on street tracks – and Singapore plans to hold its race under floodlighting at night!
Are you glad to see the return of more street circuits to the F1 calendar?
- Provisional 18-race F1 calendar for 2008
- Valencia to be second F1 street track in 2008
- Proposed Singapore F1 street track layout
- 2008 F1 calendar
- Debate: Will Ferrari surge to the titles?
- Debate: Is it all over for Button?
- Debate: Any sympathy for McLaren?
- Debate: Has F1 been brought into disrepute?
- Debate: Youth vs experience
- Debate: Was Hamilton’s restart legal?
- Debate: Where should the United States Grand Prix be held?
- Debate: The best ITV F1 title theme tune
- Debate: When did you start watching F1?
- Join in more debates
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others