Honda finally moved ahead of Super Aguri with one round of the 2007 world championship left thanks to Jenson Button’s fifth place at Shanghai.
The Japanese manufacturer has languished behind its B-team since the Spanish Grand Prix. Button has now scored six points – all the team’s points – to move them ahead of Super Aguri.
However the team remains eighth in the constructors’ championship as Toro Rosso scored eight points, moving ahead of both outfits.
Honda would be ninth but for McLaren’s exclusion from the championship, having finished fourth last year.
- Debate: Who’s to blame at Honda?
- French GP 2007 reivew: Raikkonen’s tactical triumph
- Italian GP 2007 review McLaren trounce Ferrari
- Spanish GP 2007 review: Massa wins, Lewis leads
- Canadian GP 2007 review: hamilton wins in Canadian carnage
- Chinese GP 2007 review: Raikkonen win blows title race open
- Championship standings after the Chinese GP