Ross Brawn will join Honda as team principal for 2008 confirming rumours that first surfaced in April.
The move comes after Jenson Button threatened he would leave the team if it did not make a substantial improvement over its dismal performance this year, when it scored only six points.
Button told the Mail on Sunday: “The car was a complete dog and I’m just not interested in racing like this any more.” Links below.
- 2008 F1 drivers and teams
- F1 in the news 32: Honda hunt Brawn
- Daily Telegraph – Brawn coup is on the Button for Honda (external)
- Autosport – Button will walk out if Honda don’t improve (external)
- Autosport – Brawn joins Honda as team principal (external)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others