Photos of the new Williams have been leaked on the internet for a second year in a row. Three pictures showing the 2008 Williams livery appeared on the website of new clothing partner MacGregor.
Williams denied that the pictures shows the car in its definitive form, claiming they were evaluating potential liveries for the car in December. But the style of the shots featuring the drivers posing on the car seems to undermine that claim.
As does the fact that Williams made a similar statement last year when the car’s 2007 livery was leaked under very similar circumstances. On that occasion it revealed new logos from AT&T and Lenovo.
The team are running a series of different liveries on the car during winter testing as they celebrate their 30th year in Formula 1. But the similarity of this design to last year’s, and the absence of any of the messages seen on the interim liveries, also suggests this is the final paint job.
As well as MacGregor the logo of jewellery company Mappin and Webb is visible on the alleged 2008 livery.
More on the 2008 F1 season
- Video: Renault reveals its 2008 F1 car – the R28
- Pictures: Honda revises ‘Earth car’ livery for 2008 season
- Honda reveal their 2008 F1 car: the RA108
- Williams reveal their 2008 F1 car: the FW30
- BMW reveal their 2008 F1 car: the F1.08
- Toyota reveal their 2008 F1 car: the TF108
- McLaren reveal their 2008 F1 car: the MP4/23
- Ferrari reveal their 2008 F1 car: the F2008
- 2008 F1 drivers and teams
- 2008 F1 calendar