Poll: which is the best-looking 2008 car?

Poll: which is the best-looking 2008 car?The 2008 F1 grid has almost taken shape – all the teams bar Super Aguri have their new cars out and only Williams are yet to (officially) reveal their final livery. Toro Rosso are going to start the season with last year’s car.

So, who’d got the best looking racer? Cast your vote below.

Ferrari F2008

Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, Valencia, 2008 | Ferrari S.p.A.

More images of the Ferrari F2008

BMW F1.08

Nick Heidfeld, BMW, Valencia, 2008 | BMW

More images of the BMW F1.08

Renault R28

Renault R28 studio, 4 | ING Renault F1

More images of the Renault R28

Williams-Toyota FW30

The image below shows what is believed to be the 2008 Williams livery.

Williams 2008 livery leaked photograph

More images of the Williams-Toyota FW30

Red Bull-Renault RB4

Red Bull-Renault, RBR4 launch, 2008, Jerez, 6 | GEPA / Franz Pammer

More images of the Red Bull-Renault RB4

Scuderia Toro Rosso-Ferrari STR2B

Sebastian Vettel, Toro Rosso-Ferrari, Barcelona, 2008 pre-season testing | GEPA / Red Bull

Toyota TF108

Timo Glock, Toyota, Valencia, 2008 | Toyota F1 Media

More images of the Toyota TF108

Honda RA108

Honda RA108 launch 3 | HondaRacingF1.com

More images of the Honda RA108

Force India-Ferrari VJM01

Force India F1 Team VJM01 launch 2008 | Force India F1 Team

More images of the Force India-Ferrari VJM01

McLaren-Mercedes MP4/23

Lewis Hamilton, McLaren-Mercedes, Jerez, 2008 pre-season testing | Daimler

More images of the McLaren-Mercedes MP4/23

This poll has closed. Results are as follows:

1. Ferrari F2008 – 107 votes / 33%
2. McLaren-Mercedes MP4/23 – 54 / 17%
3. Williams-Toyota FW30 – 42 / 13%
4. Force India-Ferrari VJM01 – 39 / 12%
5. BMW F1.08 – 26 / 8%
6. Honda RA108 – 18 / 6%
7. Renault R28 – 14 / 4%
8. Red Bull-Renault RB4 – 11 / 3%
9. Scuderia Toro Rosso-Ferrari STR2B – 7 / 2%
10. Toyota RA108 – 2 / 1%

Photos copyright: Ferrari S.p.A. | BMW Media | ING Renault F1 team | Williams / LAT | Red Bull / GEPA | Red Bull / GEPA |
Toyota F1 World | HondaRacingF1.com | Force India F1 Team | Daimler

More on the 2008 F1 season

33 comments on Poll: which is the best-looking 2008 car?

1 2 3
  1. Dave M said on 9th February 2008, 18:48

All pretty. Pretty ugly that is.

I vote Williams as the prettiest though.

2. Rohan said on 9th February 2008, 19:19

Williams, for sure. Although good to see gold making a come-back with Force India.

3. Eric M. said on 9th February 2008, 19:39

Honda, all the way!

j/k. I voted for Williams. :D

4. Wesley said on 9th February 2008, 22:58

The silver McLaren is the most beautiful race car ever!

…and you just can’t go wrong with red,the Ferraris look fast even when stationary.

Looks like most everyone else agrees judging by the votes!

5. Robert McKay said on 9th February 2008, 23:33

God, I’m sorry, I don’t know why, but I voted for Honda. Must be stress or something :-D

6. Carldec said on 9th February 2008, 23:35

wow… i didnt think anyone could out ugly the Renault livery… but wtf is honda thinking? what a total mess.

I really like the new shape of the renault.. its nose and other bits are kind of cool. But the paint job is beyond hideous.

I guess I am going to have to vote for Force India. I do like me some gold on the car… reminds me of the 60’s lotus….

(ok. In reality the Ferrari is the best looking car on the grid. i just hate em to much to consider voting for them for anything.)

7. Nathan Jones said on 10th February 2008, 2:03

i hate ferrari as well but i feel they will be the team to beat this yr!

8. I would say Williams. I’m really liking the paint and the aero-package is nice.

The Uglyest would be the Mcclaren. I don’t like the little rod under the air-intake and the long pointy thing at the top just looks weird.

9. Two things come into play; livery and body designs. The body designs are similar if not identical but the Ferrari’s and McLarens seem to have mastered the blending of all the geegaws.

As far as livery, the Toro Rosso has to be the best.

10. As usual, the Ferrari – I’m attracted to most things red anyway, but I love their recent agressive looks as well as the return to a darker shade of red (unlike the Vodaphone plastered cars).

My number 2 spot would have to be Renault – some may call it ugly but it’s just not boring like the rest of the grid.

11. Tekno said on 10th February 2008, 4:48

The Williams with the new aero package is by far best looking of the cars on the current grid. The most unique, and the most ground breaking. As to wether its fast or not, we’ll just have to wait and see, but it got my vote.

Ferrari was a close second.

Renault’s livery this year looks like utter crap. They should go back to the light blue national color scheme they ran in the past.

12. Tekno said on 10th February 2008, 4:51

Why did I say Williams?

I’m an idiot.

BMW is what I meant to say, and who I voted for. I always loved the devil horns on the airstack, and now adding another set makes their car look completely badass.

*hides back in the shadows*

13. I voted for Williams, I like the dark blue :-). But I would prefere them to race in all blue instead of more likely blue/white …

Ferrari is a classic, McLaren and Force India are creative with the colors

Can we vote for the worst ? Toyota, Toro Rosso, Renault in no particular order :-)

14. Williams earns my vote- I think the two-color paint job looks very good. While i’m not a Ferrari fan by any stretch, the color scheme is a real classic, so I need to throw them some bonus points in this discussion

Building on the issue presented by Milos on who is the worst, Honda’s paint job is absolutley HORRIBLE. I know Ross is new to the place, but either keep the eco-friendly livery on the whole car or get a real title sponsor. Toyota and Renault don’t look much better, but Honda takes the prize in this department.

15. Nico Savidge said on 10th February 2008, 8:47

I love Ferrari, but you just can’t beat that blue and white on the Williams…

1 2 3