Pictures: 2008 Monaco Historic GP

Ferrari 312T3, 2008 Monaco Historic Grand Prix, 470150

It’s the Monaco Grand Prix next and to get in the mood here’s some fantastic pictures of great Formula 1 cars from the 1960, ’70s, ’80s and ’90s in action in the 2008 Monaco Historic Grand Prix last weekend.

Joris Meuffels kindly let me use a selection of these pictures he took including loads of Ferraris (including one that never raced), Jacky Ickx in an Auto Union, McLarens, Lotuses and more.

Do let me know if I’ve got some of the model designations wrong some of them are a bit hard to tell apart!

All images ?é?® Joris Meuffels

15 comments on Pictures: 2008 Monaco Historic GP

1. Journeyer said on 14th May 2008, 7:06

Great pics, Keith! Cheers to Joris too. :)

2. DROOOOOOOOOOLS!!!!!!

3. cyanide said on 14th May 2008, 9:49

Wow, thank you Keith and Joris! Just love the Ferrari 312 :)

4. TommyBellingham said on 14th May 2008, 11:44

Wow love these cars. Btw isnt the Ferrari 412T2 Bergers car and not Alesi’s?

5. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 14th May 2008, 11:48

Yes, the one shown has Berger’s number on it (28), but the comment referred to the car in general, not that particular chassis.

That 312B3’s a weird-looking thing though. Gives the lie to the idea only modern F1 cars are ugly!

6. Chas said on 14th May 2008, 14:25

that Ferrari 412T2 along with many of the other pictures are absolutely amazingly beautiful. thanks Keith

7. Dan Brunell said on 14th May 2008, 17:03

What happened to the rear wing of the Williams?

8. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 14th May 2008, 17:15

An homage to Derek Daly perhaps?

9. That Tyrrell brings back memories of childhood and no mistake. Mainly of Scalextric catalogues!

10. michael counsell said on 14th May 2008, 18:53

Maybe its becuase I wasn’t around in those times but to me 1970s F1 cars look ridiculously ugly, but its good to see that so many cars are kept in good condition for racing.

11. Wesley said on 14th May 2008, 22:29

Mmmmmm….I LOVE looking at race cars,I don’t care what kind they are but,ALL F1 cars are beautiful.

Thanks for the pics Keith(and Joris),I can never get enough.

12. The 312T3 Ferrari at the top of the page – is that the Stig?

13. Joris Meuffels said on 16th May 2008, 12:33

Thanks for all your nice reactions, I would not agree with Michael Counsell….these cars are more beauftiful than todays ones’ because they look less complicated!!

No Vertigo, that is not the Stig…there were more drivers with a white racing helmet. I think he did not yet have the time to get it painted.

14. garyc said on 22nd April 2009, 19:28

Keith, is this an annual event? Does it have a website?Excellent pics!

15. James_mc said on 31st July 2009, 18:02

I like how the BRM has modern McLaren-style livery :-)