Pictures: Silverstone F1 test paddock

David Coulthard, Silverstone, test, 2008, 470150

I was in the paddock at the Silverstone F1 test yesterday. Here are a few of my photographs including home drivers Lewis Hamilton and David Coulthard plus world champion Kimi Raikkonen.

For more keep an eye out for my exclusive article on Force India F1 Team on Autotrader.co.uk on Monday.

Click once to preview, click again for high-resolution version.

Even more F1 testing pictures can be found courtesy of Woodshed and Sidepodcast.

33 comments on Pictures: Silverstone F1 test paddock

1 2 3
  1. Journeyer said on 27th June 2008, 8:32

Hey Keith! I think Sidepodcast were also at the paddock yesterday? Did you run into them? :) They said the drivers weren’t as outgoing as usual. Did you feel the same way yesterday?

2. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 27th June 2008, 8:44

No I didn’t – I only arranged my visit at the last minute so I wasn’t able to fix anything up with them. I’m going to do a write-up of the day later.

3. cyanide said on 27th June 2008, 8:50

“I think I heard yelps of pain coming from inside here ”

Hahahaha!

4. AndyWolf said on 27th June 2008, 8:58

Tough life you’ve got, eh Keith? ;)

5. Sav722 said on 27th June 2008, 9:26

I attended on Wednesday, sadly not with a paddock pass. Although it was immensely enjoyable seeing (and hearing!) the cars.

Great pictures Keith.

6. Sush said on 27th June 2008, 9:27

u didn’t take a pic of force india’s engine cover?

sorry about txt speak, broken hand.

and chedck out the new front wing on the mclaren, it looks so far ahead of the feild.

7. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 27th June 2008, 9:31

Sush – these are 15 of several hundred pics I took, more to come later.

8. Sush said on 27th June 2008, 9:40

oh ok, that is a bit stupid of me, thinking u’d only taken about 12 pics. Common sense doesn’t win this round.

9. “Hey Keith! I think Sidepodcast were also at the paddock yesterday? Did you run into them?”

looking at the pics, i think we were in different places in the pitlane. good shots though.

“They said the drivers weren’t as outgoing as usual.”

no, no, they were just not as outgoing as the day before. wednesday evening there was plenty of hanging about and banter at the end of the day.

10. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 27th June 2008, 10:03

Sorry I missed you guys :-(

11. “Sorry I missed you guys”

12. Journeyer said on 27th June 2008, 10:41

“no sweat. it seems like quite a good place to meet up actually, not as easy to get lost like you can at the gp or at goodwood, and not as crowded either.”

Sidey, you just might’ve made Keith a bit more guilty saying that. Hahaha! :)

13. “Sidey, you just might’ve made Keith a bit more guilty saying that. Hahaha!”

damn, i meant we should keep it in mind for next year. doh!

14. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 27th June 2008, 11:02

Will do – until then there’s Goodwood. Got my tickets today, just opened a thread on the forum to find out who else is going:

Goodwood Festival of Speed – Who’s Going?

15. just a question – how difficult is it to get to the paddock and pitlane during the test ?

1 2 3