Poll: Which F1 teams do you like?

Australian Grand Prix, Melbourne, start, 2008, 4, 470150

Yesterday a discussion about McLaren turned onto the question of which F1 teams are the most popular.

So here’s a quick poll to find out. Which teams do you like? Vote below…

Which F1 teams do you like? (Select as many as you wish)

• Ferrari (13%)
  • BMW (17%)
  • McLaren (13%)
  • Red Bull (11%)
  • Toyota (4%)
  • Williams (16%)
  • Renault (8%)
  • Honda (7%)
  • Toro Rosso (6%)
  • Force India (7%)

Total Voters: 1,352

Loading ... Loading ...

Interpreting any results we get from this poll will inevitably lead to questions about what country most F1 Fanatic readers are from. So here’s a guide based on the last month:

1. United Kingdom 34.71%
15. Ireland 1.13%
16. Hungary 1.02%
17. Greece 0.96%
18. Belgium 0.96%
19. Singapore 0.94%
20. South Africa 0.91%

This post contains a poll which may not be visible on RSS readers. View the post at f1fanatic.co.uk to see the poll.

60 comments on Poll: Which F1 teams do you like?

1 2 3 4
  1. Such a shame that Super Aguri isn’t on that list

2. ninguen said on 3rd July 2008, 16:31

Agree on that, last year super aguri really caught me, made the better with the lesser, really great. Shame on Honda buuuh

3. Keith,

It is a pity that Brazil has an insignificant representatively on your board of global readers. Here we have a huge and consistent quantity of McLaren fans, cultivated in Senna´s days.

They could make a huge difference on this poll.

While Ferrari cultivated too much dislikes and an awful image to the fans in general, mainly because of Rubens shenanigans, Senna is spiritually remembered as strictly Mclaren driver. We prefer remember him driving a red white car instead of a blue white one that kill him.

Anyway, the poll was a great idea.

4. Paul said on 3rd July 2008, 17:42

So that means only 1 person from Malaysia and 1 from the Philippines? (2 in the Philippines this weekend).

I follow Kimi, but no way i could vote for Ferrari.
    As for the great Senna i gave “his” vote to his major engine supplier! (and Williams)

5. Sush said on 3rd July 2008, 17:43

I voted all of them, apart from Mclaren.

even though I’m a huge Heikki fan.

6. Scott Joslin said on 3rd July 2008, 18:17

As it stands Williams out in front. Didn’t expect that one!

7. William Wilgus said on 3rd July 2008, 18:39

I did the same as Sush: all except McLaren.

8. Loki said on 3rd July 2008, 18:44

I did the same as Sush and William Wilgus.

9. Dorian G said on 3rd July 2008, 18:49

@ Scott Joslin: I’m with you there, didn’t see that one coming.

@ Sush & William Wilgus: Didn’t tick McLaren either but did tick a few others. Ticked Ferrari as I am an ardent Tifoso

10. Sush said on 3rd July 2008, 19:06

conclusive proof that Mclaren haters are more vocal than most.

“everyone hates Mclaren, trust me, i’ve spoken to 4 guys who hate them on forums.”

11. I never understood the appeal of Williams. I have never liked that team. I ticked BMW, Red Bull and Renault. Last year I might have ticked McLaren, but with all of the shenanigans and PR disasters they have been involved in over the past year or so has really put me off.

12. Abhishek said on 3rd July 2008, 20:03

i Hope with more Indians on the poll Ferrari will top the list, but one thing i can tell you is that Indians hate Mclaren for over-brooding on their drivers!! I need not take any names for sure..

13. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 3rd July 2008, 20:40

Becken – I agree but, unfortunately, I can’t speak Portuguese!

Interestly Toyota are bottom so far, just as they were in the FIA survey two years ago.

14. Loki said on 3rd July 2008, 20:54

Looks like BMW (87 votes, 51%) has taken the lead now over Williams (85 votes, 50%).

I expected Force India to do well (everyone loves the underdogs, or at least that’s why I like them – and for once the incarnation of this team have genuine prospects) – but not better than Torro Rosso, and especially not Honda. Force India almost tied with Renault!

I think what would be an easier vote would be to see which team don’t people like. Almost dead cert that the top 90-95% votes will be McLaren/Ferrari…but I wonder if anyone actually dislikes Toyota. Just because you don’t vote for them doesn’t mean you dislike them….could just be a bit apathetic towards them.

15. Dan M said on 3rd July 2008, 21:14

Good point Loki, there are teams that i don’t care for and there are teams that I’m indifferent to, Toyota falls in the latter.

“I follow Kimi, but no way i could vote for Ferrari.”

So do most drivers on the grid, and they wouldn’t vote for Ferrari either : )

1 2 3 4