2008 British Grand Prix predictions

Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, Magny-Cours, 2008, 470150

Who’s going to win the British Grand Prix at Silverstone?

Read my podium predictions and make your own below…

It’s hard bet against Ferrari at the moment. McLaren might have looked quick in testing but the momentum is clearly with the red cars right now.

Kimi Raikkonen had victory in his grasp last time out at Magny-Cours before misfortune intervened.I expect he’ll be on top form again at Silverstone and will be the man to beat.

McLaren should be closer though as their testing pace showed. Lewis Hamilton should be leading their charge and if it the threatened rain materialises he may be able to take the fight to Raikkonen, who didn’t look at all comfortable in the wet at Monaco.

So I’m going for Hamilton to split the two Ferraris, with Raikkonen leading the way:

1. Kimi Raikkonen
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Felipe Massa

No-one predicted Jarno Trulli would be on the podium at France. However Mac, Daniel, Sush, Felipe Leite, Que Buen Guebo and Cyanide all correctly predicted Massa to head a Ferrari one-two.

Make your predictions for the British Grand Prix below:

46 comments on 2008 British Grand Prix predictions

1 2 3 4
  1. Toby said on 4th July 2008, 9:09

1. Hamilton
    2. Raikkonen
    3. Kubica

I’ve picked Hamilton to win for two reasons. Number one is the likelihood of rain, where he always seems to pick the right path through to a win. Time will if it’s luck or if we have a new rainmaster (apart from Adrian Newey).

Reason number two is that I’ve noticed a trend amongst drivers under fire from the media (and fans) coming out at the next race and smashing everyone else. Raikkonen did it last year, so did Kovi to a degree and Massa certainly did it this year. Add to that DC’s podium in amongst retirement speculation and we’ve got an easy victory for Hammo tomorrow. See how the theory goes this weekend….

2. Toby said on 4th July 2008, 9:12

Sorry, it was “time will tell”, and I forgot to mention Vettel’s comeback after Fuji….

3. cgmasson said on 4th July 2008, 9:24

maasa
    kubica
    webber

4. cyanide said on 4th July 2008, 9:34

1] Kimi Raikkonen
    2] Lewis Hamilton
    3] Fernando Alonso

5. Journeyer said on 4th July 2008, 9:44

Raikkonen, Massa, Kubica for me. Hamilton will shock us with a silly mistake that causes him to only score a couple of points.

6. Mick said on 4th July 2008, 10:13

If there’s rain, we could see Alonso and Hamilton up there as they seem to be the best in the rain, Alonso more so if he is at the front of the field, which is highly unlikely unless fuelled light. I really hope they put him on a better strategy this time – one that they commit to.

Rain:
    Hamilton
    Alonso
    Raikkonen

Dry:
    Raikkonen
    Massa
    Kovalinen (yes, it’s time – he’s driving a McLaren!)

7. Rain:
    Alonso
    Hamilton
    Button (Oh what the heck :P )

Dry:
    Raikkonen
    Hamilton
    Massa

8. Alonso follower said on 4th July 2008, 10:45

My prediction:

- Hamilton will commit his nth stupid mistake, will not finish the race. Since this year does not have a teammate that competes for the title (is he still competing for the title this year?) he’ll blame anything else.

My bet is for:

- Kimi
    - Massa
    - Alonso or Kubica

9. f1freak said on 4th July 2008, 10:46

rain:
    Hamilton
    Raikkonen
    Massa

Dry:
    Raikkonen
    Massa
    Hamilton

interesting to see how renault do here….bit iffy abt alonso

10. Sush said on 4th July 2008, 10:58

woohoo, 5 minutes of fame.
    I predict rain.

Force India fighting for 11th.

1. Kimi
    2. Massa
    3. Heikki

11. Chalky said on 4th July 2008, 11:00

Hmm was going to say Massa \ Kimi \ Alonso.
    Then I tuned into ITV practice and Alonso’s engine blew up on Hanger straight and Massa spun out on the oil and wrecked his car!
    Oh well! Must have jinxed them.

12. Matt said on 4th July 2008, 11:10

1. Hamilton
    2. Raikkonen
    3. Kubica

If Hamilton can keep his head down and remain focused he can win it and silence the critics (for now). He just needs to avoid getting overly rushed and trying too hard. I think he can manage that, he didn’t get to this position by panicing when he had problems in his previous series.

Raikkonen will be super fast and keep it together so he is the main threat. I predict Massa will retire one way or another, especially if there is rain.

13. motion said on 4th July 2008, 11:21

Carnage, so many have got the wick turned up to maximum or points to prove aggressively. So a lottery I’d say but the d’crasheris types will all be going off is my guess

conservative then

1. Kova
    2. Kubica
    3. Webber (but he too might get stuck in a bit more this week)

14. Noel said on 4th July 2008, 11:33

I’m inclined to say Massa, Kimi, Lewis if it’s dry, which is looking increasingly unlikely giving the forecasts I’ve been following today.

15. Sush said on 4th July 2008, 11:46

Trulli in the Tumbler (batmobile) jumping to 9th place.

1 2 3 4