Monaco Grand Prix top race so far

Lewis Hamilton, McLaren-Mercedes, Monaco, 2008, 470150

Halfway through the season it’s probably not a surprise to learn the Monaco and British Grands Prix have been the most popular races so far.

The two action-packed races have been voted the most popular so far on this site. Here’s the results in full:

2008 F1 race popularity 2

Monaco comes out on top narrowly ahead of Britain with the similarly unpredictable and exciting Canadian Grand Prix next.

Spain often gets criticised for producing dull races and this year is no exception so far with the Catalunya race coming out on the bottom.

Will we see a better race than we did at Monaco before the year is out?

Read the original discussions about each of these races

23 comments on Monaco Grand Prix top race so far

1. what is curious is that the top 4 races in 3 Hamilton won, and in the 4 Ferrari performed quite badly.
    Excitement = Ferrari loosing?

2. Jian said on 17th July 2008, 11:52

Santiago: no curiousness at all if you just take some interest in reading earlier posts. If Ferrari ever won in an exciting way then we would ahve seen that race on top as well. There is no bias for or against any driver/team in these votings. Truth is excitment = unpredictable conditions. (ok Massa figure skating is hilarios as well)

3. sChUmAcHeRtHeGrEaTeStEvEr said on 17th July 2008, 14:21

chalky i watched the race at silverstone and on tiv when i got back, if anything its better on tv because you know whos where etc.

santiago, hamiltons 3 wins have come in the 3 most chaotic races this year. generally ferrari victories are 1-2′s and everyone knows that after the pit stops they are told to coast to the flag so they are boring.

4. Oliver said on 17th July 2008, 14:22

I don’t think I’ve ever come across so much persecution mentality in any sport as I’ve seen amongst F1 followers.

5. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 17th July 2008, 14:39

Oliver – what makes you say that?

6. _Ben_ said on 17th July 2008, 15:45

It has been a great season so far, I would say my favorite race has been Australia because it had everything

I don’t know why I just really like getting up in the middle of the night to see the first race. I’ve done it since I can remember. I hope they don’t make all those races night races, it will take away that certain feeling of your alarm going off at 3.30am and jumping out of bed full of excitement.

7. Chalky said on 17th July 2008, 16:08

sChUmAcHeRtHeGrEaTeStEvEr – You need to get yourself an FM radio with decent earphones and then you can follow radio Silverstone (87.7FM) throughout the event. Keeps you up to date with everything. Also, position yourself near a TV screen and you can see everything else too.

8. Good morning. A poem is no place for an idea. Help me! There is an urgent need for sites: Diablo replica for sale. I found only this – wholesale replica designer bag. Few scurvy candidates far first are centering out for no module, replica. We worry the interior we sent on discovery has been used in a computational security in our collections, replica. With best wishes :eek:, Tia from Hungary.