Ferraris in pictures: 2001 to 2008

Ferraris from the days of Schumacher and Barrichello to Massa and Raikkonen

Ferraris from the days of Schumacher and Barrichello to Massa and Raikkonen

I?m trying out a new section of the site where I’m putting together pictures of every F1 car from each season.

It’s not a project that’s going to be finished overnight but I’ve made a start by adding eight years of pictures of F1?s oldest and most historic team: Ferrari.

The first batch covers the last eight seasons, including this year. Have a look at some of the photographs below. If you have any photosgraphs you’d like to share, please get in touch.

The aim of this new section is to make it easier to compare F1 cars from different teams in different years. You can also see how the car was developed over the course of the year and changes that were made to their liveries.

I particularly want to collect photos that show the cars in different setups ?ǣ high-downforce, low-downforce, wet weather, etc?? – and from lots of different angles. And, of course, good quality pictures in high resolution with plenty of detail.

Here are pictures of the last eight seasons of Ferraris:

F2001 (2001-2002)
F2002 (2002-2003)
F2003-GA (2003)
F2004 (2004-2005)
F2005 (2005)
248-F1 (2006)
F2007 (2007)
F2008 (2008)

Some interesting things on the photos include:

If you have any high-resolution pictures of Ferraris or any other Formula 1 cars you would be happy to let me use in this series, please let me know. You can find me on Flickr or contact me via the contact form.

More F1 car pictures here: F1 pictures

21 comments on Ferraris in pictures: 2001 to 2008

1. Polak said on 31st August 2008, 9:49

Once more a great series is beginning.

I like the interesting things part. That Ferrari with no advertisement is great.

Check your links on the “before” and “after” . “404 page not found”

2. verry cool section, Keith. nice to see the developments

3. Great addition, Keith – each picture is a peach, and high enough res for a decent desktop wallpaper too :D

4. Does anyone remember the ferrari with the black nosecone in bahrain 05?

5. What is the ‘E’ in a circle on the side? Emergency cutoff I guess?

6. Dan M said on 31st August 2008, 15:56

The ’01 with no advertisements does look great. I love how you can see every little detail of the car. It’s so simple compared to all the crap on today’s F1 car.

7. I love Ferraris and it is interesting to see how they have changed. I think the biggest change between cars has to be from ’06 to ’07. Love the pics as well, they are quality!

8. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 31st August 2008, 17:08

Polak – fixed, thanks, now back to the beach…

9. There front wing seems virtually the same from 2001-2005.
    2006 it changes drastically.

And looking at the F-2003GA in the low downforce monza configuration, it seems pretty similar to what we are going to see in 2009.

10. The ‘E’ on the side (Engine cut) and the ‘N’ on the top (Neutral) are mandated by FIA so that safety workers can safely move cars that have had their steering wheels broken. All cars have them.

11. Travis Rassat said on 31st August 2008, 18:30

Having a picture history of all the F1 cars is an awesome idea! Good job, and thank you!

12. verasaki said on 31st August 2008, 19:10

sounds like a great idea. but i have to admit, in ’01 the cynic in me sort of did wonder how much red paint weighs. (if i had emoticons i’d put a smiley thingy at the end of that).

a complete aside: when i was looking at some of the phil hill tributes, i found this:

i was wondering how literally to take this sentence: “From 1956 to 1962, Ferrari retired his spent Formula 1 cars to the scrap heap,..”

did ferrari keep at least one of each of their racing cars or was there a time that they just scrapped them? my jaw just dropped and my blood ran cold when i read that.

don’t forget yer sunblock, keith. you don’t want to start looking like bernie.

13. In the ’01 pic, I thought Ferrari just had a bad nose job!

14. Terry Fabulous said on 31st August 2008, 23:06

the F2003_GA is a beautiful car.

I iwhs Ferrari would stop painting the cars to look like Malboro packets though. (Shouting) “Let it go! Find a new sponsor!!”

15. Terry Fabulous said on 31st August 2008, 23:10

Yeah and Have a good holiday Keith!