Belgian Grand Prix: rate the race

Rate the Belgian Grand Prix out of ten and share your thoughts on the race below.

Rate the 2008 Belgian Grand Prix out of 10

• 9 - Fantastic (40%)
  • 10 - Perfect (12%)

Total Voters: 400

Loading ... Loading ...

25 comments on Belgian Grand Prix: rate the race

1. ajokay said on 7th September 2008, 14:40

7/10 – Seeing as most of the race was not too bad, but the final 4 laps were absolutely edge-of-the-sofa stuff, so it averages out to a good race, I feel. A few more laps of rain, or some closer racing during the first 40 laps would have bumped the score up a lot, for me.

2. Sebastian said on 7th September 2008, 15:03

Thrilling start, thrilling end. Lots of overtaking. Great race.

3. cyanide said on 7th September 2008, 15:13

Lovely race, would’ve been perfect if there were 2 Ferraris on the podium, one of them on the top step :) But that’s life and Formula 1. Kimi lives to fight another race and hopefully another championship next year, since I don’t see him closing down the mammoth 23 point gap in 5 races. Hats off to Massa for not doing one of his special moves this time around, Lewis and Kimi were working very hard to throw away their respective races :)

Good races from the Toro Rossos and Alonso. And thanks for hosting the live blog Keith, and thanks once again to the mods for keeping it sane :) Later mates!

4. boring! remove this from calendar and keep Hungaroring and Valencia. Let’s put an oval too to get more americans interested in F1.

5. sergio said on 7th September 2008, 16:17

Coming to my funeral????
    i nearly died when kimi crashed, it was great until that happened .

(Alonso and Kimi fan)

6. Andrew said on 7th September 2008, 16:17

I’m reserving judgement on this one until we know whether the stewards decide to make the whoe thing a waste of everyone’s time.

7. Scott Joslin said on 7th September 2008, 16:25

This is exactly what Valencia missed!

8. Great start and finish, but not great in terms of result – I don’t think I’ve ever felt nauseous watching any sporting event until earlier today. Kimi’s final spin into the wall was the biggest heartbreaking sight this season.

I had a bad feeling about the race when Lewis was making substantial, and clearly visible, gain on Kimi – then come the penultimate lap the chicane, home straight, first corner and subsequent-don’t-want-to-go-theres I was praying to any god that would listen. So although my bad feeling turned out right, at least I proved (to myself) there is no god.

8/10 – Great race, rubbish result.

9. Bloody fine racing. 10/10

10. verasaki said on 7th September 2008, 16:58

but, if there had been more passing during the race would it have made the end less memorable? sorry, couldn’t resist.

maybe we should have ratings by the stints. ie: lap 1-first stops, then to the next stops then to the end. just to keep us all paying attention. i had sort of started thumbing through a magazine until hamilton started making ground on kimi.

11. Eric M. said on 7th September 2008, 17:13

That was one hell of a race, lol. Never seen a GP conclude quite like that one.

I gave it a 9/10.

12. Andrew said on 7th September 2008, 17:19

According to Autosport Hamilton has been handed a 25 second penalty for cutting the chicane. In my mind it makes the whole event a waste of time so it gets a 1 rather than a 9.

13. 1/10. There is absolutely no point whatsoever in watching a race if the result is just going to be changed afterwards.

14. Since the outcome of this season is apparently predetermined, can we start rating the final 5 races of the season before they happen?

15. 9 until the stewards stuck their oar in,now a 1