There’s a huge appetite for Codemasters’ forthcoming F1 game and loads of people looking for information about it.
But Codemasters’ plans to create a blog about the 2009 title has been quashed. What’s going on?
One of Codemasters’ producers who posts on their forums as Uncle Chewy told fans:
I’m really sorry guys, but unfortunately our first blog has not been approved and we will be unable to release it. This situation may change in the New Year, but for the time being our blog will not be happening.
I can’t say anymore than this so please don’t ask.
Let’s crank up the conspiracy-o-tron:
- Formula One Group don’t want information about the game’s development getting out. (But what could be so sensitive about? It’s only a video game.)
- Someone higher up within Codemasters as refused approval. (But if this is an internal dispute, why are Codemasters airing their dirty washing on their own forum?)
- This is just a stunt by Codemasters to get column inches on blogs. Nothing to see here.
I’ve tried a couple of times to get in touch with Codemasters about their 2009 F1 game, to put some of the hundreds of suggestions contributed by you to them.
I’ve not had a response yet, but I’ll keep trying, and perhaps this latest development will encourage them to find new ways to communicate with fans about this hotly-anticipated game.
More on Codemasters’ 2009 F1 game
- Good news, bad news: Codemasters to make 2009 F1 game
- Codemasters 2009 F1 game wish list
- 2009 F1 game will be sim – Codemasters
Thanks to Chalky for the tip!
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others