I’m going to be in Birmingham for the Autosport International show over the next two days.
I’ll also being putting up F1-related pictures here. I should be talking to Donington Park boss Simon Gillett on Friday which I’ll report back on. And Ron Dennis is giving the annual Watkins lecture which I’ll be attending too.
There’s plenty of F1-related attractions at the show this year including:
- F1 Racing display – 50 years of British champions featuring seven of their cars, plus a full 2008 F1 grid
- A tribute to David Coulthard – various pre-F1 cars plus a Williams FW17, McLaren MP4/15 and Red Bull RB2
- A collection of Lotus F1 cars – including Emerson Fittipaldi’s 72 and Ayrotn Senna’s 97T in which he won his first Grand Prix
- 50th anniversary of Cosworth collection
- Flybrd showing an F1-spec Kinetic Energy Recovery System
During the public days (Saturday and Sunday) there will loads of F1 personalities around including Coulthard, Murray Walker, Ron Dennis and others. I won’t be there on those days which unfortunately means missing out on Alianora’s kart race as well. Sorry for being anti-social guys, I hope you have a great time.
Past Autosport International shows