Red Bull RB5 sneak preview in video

Red Bull’s RB5 won’t be launched until Monday but a video released today hints at what we can expect from their 2009 F1 car.

Sebastian Vettel narrates the video, but Mark Webber is expected to return to the cockpit next Wednesday.

The rendering of the RB5 seen in this video has flow deflectors ahead of the side pods just as the Ferrari F60, Toyota TF109 and Williams FW31 do.

Other than that, the car shown in this video doesn’t look especially radical. Whether this shows the final car in any great detail or not we’ll have to wait until Monday to find out.

Pictures and video from the 2009 F1 car launches.

Red Bull RB5 video still (click to enlarge)

Red Bull RB5 video still (click to enlarge)

33 comments on Red Bull RB5 sneak preview in video

1. Fer no65 said on 7th February 2009, 11:07

What a great video!!!

2. A Singh said on 7th February 2009, 11:41

Just shows how much crap has been got rid off last year’s car.

3. Robert McKay said on 7th February 2009, 12:18

“Hi, I’m Sebastian Vettel. In 2009 the biggest rule changes in the history of Formula 1 will spice up the racing…but we’ll still drive cars”.

Erm, that’s good to know Seb. Not Wipeout 2097 just yet then is it :-D

• ajokay said on 7th February 2009, 12:33

Cor… would be good if it was though, wouldn’t it?

I like the front end on this rendering of the new Red Bull, nice shapes on the wings and winglets,

4. Stealthman said on 7th February 2009, 13:12

Can’t say very much about the car, but the video contains incredible amounts of WIN. :D

5. Nice video
    Very well explained by Vettel
    I think we are all in for a good 2009 season

6. muckymuck said on 7th February 2009, 19:31

I have to say, I’m quite taken by Red Bull. I love that they come across as loving the sport. They’re a non-manufacturer team that’s willing to spend quite a bit of money marketing, even in tight financial times. It’s refreshing.

7. I didn’t think it would happen, but looking at 2008 cars now, they just look ridiculous with all those appendages. I’m really digging the clean lines on the 2009 cars – and even the front and rear wings don’t look as bad as they did before.

• I hate to say I told you all so, but…

The new cars have really grown on me – I reckon the rear wings and new sidepods are awesome.

8. Hugo Bourgeois said on 7th February 2009, 23:47

Most positive approach to the new rules so far! Good one RB!

9. That was excellent – typical of Red Bull to release a hip promo like this. Their cars have always looked good and they’re certainly a team I have massive respect for, and hope both drivers do really well this year.

The start of the aseason is always exciting for me – but this year seems a it more special for some reason. There are so many unknown factors. The waiting is killing me!!