Force India VJM02 revealed early – pictures (2009 F1 cars)

Force India F1 VJM02 - 2009 F1 car

Force India F1 VJM02 - 2009 F1 car

Force India’s VJM02 was due to break cover tomorrow but Anirudh has dug out some early pictures of it on Force India’s official website.

They confirm the impression we got from the Force India calendar earlier this year that the new car replaces the bright red flashes of 2008 with orange and green. More pictures below.

2009 Formula 1 cars

Thanks to Anirudh for the tip!

Enjoyed this post? You can vote for it on Digg, submit it to Stumbleupon, or share it with the rest of the world using the social sites below.

80 comments on Force India VJM02 revealed early – pictures (2009 F1 cars)

1. Smitty said on 28th February 2009, 12:38

Almost as pretty as the Williams and Red Bull livery, clean and to the point.

Again, Force India treading a different design path to the crowd. I hope they score more points this year.

2. Alas it looks distinctively bland and dare I say ugly…

3. I think the car is most similar to Arrows from 1998:

And no, it doesn’t at all look like Jordan 1999, haha.
    Come one, that Jordan was a beautiful car!

4. Has anyone noticed the front suspension is identical to the MP4/24?

5. anirudh said on 28th February 2009, 13:56

they have not tested KERS yet i guess!

6. Fer no.65 said on 28th February 2009, 14:34

sad it’s not red…

because it could have been very similar to Castrol’s Toyotas from rally :) and that would be nice…

it’s better than last year tho, but not as good as the williams!

7. sajonaraman said on 28th February 2009, 15:56

Someone must have used crayola crayons in designing process. A bit childish colours in my opinion, but at least it differs from the rest of the grid, with an emphasy on McLaren. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for Force India. Underdogs deserve at least that.

8. Oliver said on 28th February 2009, 16:06

With this, Renault cant feel lonely anymore:-)

9. Journeyer said on 28th February 2009, 16:09

Where’s the “Powered by Mercedes-Benz” badge? I don’t see it anywhere.

10. Oliver said on 28th February 2009, 16:16

Those mirror mounts are a subtle way of adding those mid way wings/fins that were on the cars in previous seasons.

11. Whewbacca the Cookie said on 28th February 2009, 16:21

At least we won’t have a mix-up with the McLarens on screen anymore.

12. F1Yankee said on 28th February 2009, 16:40

let’s celebrate force india’s new colors with a little music:

13. i like it!
    one of the best looking cars of 09 both shape and livery
    much better than that bland looking williams…

14. anirudh said on 28th February 2009, 17:39

I’ll tell you guy If F1 were to look good FIA should BAN WHITE COLOUR IN LIVERIES

15. KingHamilton said on 28th February 2009, 17:55

Wow I didnt know Force India had won the premier league! Blimey, the things you learn

16. John H said on 28th February 2009, 18:01

I like it too.

But yes – too much white in F1…. I want to see a black car like a Minardi!

• Whewbacca the Cookie said on 1st March 2009, 8:05

Your comment made me remember the old Shadow of the late 70s.

• Gman said on 2nd March 2009, 5:47

If Williams had stuck with that all-dark blue scheme they have run in thesting over the past few years, we would have something similar to what you’re talking about.

17. Great paint, ugly car. Exhaust looks illegal as well, similar to Ferrari’s first short exhaust tips this year.

The lighter colors allow us to see detail better than dark liveries.

18. It’s funny how many of you here call the colours of the Indian flag childish :| Hmm…

And there are actually two huge similarities to McLaren:
    1. The overall proportions of the chassis (vide -> side view).
    2. An extremely high nose, which in both cars is higher then the wheels, making it look like and F3 car. (I don’t mean the nose-cone, but the whole of it.)

• When I called it childish, I was in reference to the bright orange and green used. I didn’t (mean to) direct the ‘childish’ term towards the Indian flag, even though it’s the same colours, and I certainly didn’t mean any offense.

Bright orange and green are attractive colours for a child, though – it’s just basic colour psychology.

19. John H said on 28th February 2009, 19:20

No pics of the diffuser? hmmmm.

20. great liveried car. However will the fia let them slip through the net with exaust tips.