Force India VJM02 revealed early – pictures (2009 F1 cars)

Force India F1 VJM02 - 2009 F1 car

Force India F1 VJM02 - 2009 F1 car

Force India’s VJM02 was due to break cover tomorrow but Anirudh has dug out some early pictures of it on Force India’s official website.

They confirm the impression we got from the Force India calendar earlier this year that the new car replaces the bright red flashes of 2008 with orange and green. More pictures below.

2009 Formula 1 cars

Thanks to Anirudh for the tip!

Enjoyed this post? You can vote for it on Digg, submit it to Stumbleupon, or share it with the rest of the world using the social sites below.

80 comments on Force India VJM02 revealed early – pictures (2009 F1 cars)

1. Although not the most beautiful livery of all time, it certainly stands out with orange and green on a white base.

2. Kallan said on 28th February 2009, 11:57

I think renaults 08 car succesfully used more than 2 colors, in fact by the end of the year i admired how it looked at television distance, it was quite distinctive. I dont know why I am the only one to think this, but I agree that this year replacing navy blue with red has made it too bright. My point is how they look in studio and on tv is a bit different

3. anirudh said on 28th February 2009, 12:05

The McForce India is here guys!(althought it looks very much differnt from McLaren)
    About the trophy, I think they are trying to make up for last year’s pointless season.

4. Is that a 99 Jordan with a paintjob?

5. Well at least that’s one car that will look good with the green-striped tyres

6. Smitty said on 28th February 2009, 12:38

Almost as pretty as the Williams and Red Bull livery, clean and to the point.

Again, Force India treading a different design path to the crowd. I hope they score more points this year.

7. Alas it looks distinctively bland and dare I say ugly…

8. I think the car is most similar to Arrows from 1998:

And no, it doesn’t at all look like Jordan 1999, haha.
    Come one, that Jordan was a beautiful car!

9. Has anyone noticed the front suspension is identical to the MP4/24?

10. anirudh said on 28th February 2009, 13:56

they have not tested KERS yet i guess!

11. Fer no.65 said on 28th February 2009, 14:34

sad it’s not red…

because it could have been very similar to Castrol’s Toyotas from rally :) and that would be nice…

it’s better than last year tho, but not as good as the williams!

12. sajonaraman said on 28th February 2009, 15:56

Someone must have used crayola crayons in designing process. A bit childish colours in my opinion, but at least it differs from the rest of the grid, with an emphasy on McLaren. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for Force India. Underdogs deserve at least that.

13. Oliver said on 28th February 2009, 16:06

With this, Renault cant feel lonely anymore:-)

14. Journeyer said on 28th February 2009, 16:09

Where’s the “Powered by Mercedes-Benz” badge? I don’t see it anywhere.

15. Oliver said on 28th February 2009, 16:16

Those mirror mounts are a subtle way of adding those mid way wings/fins that were on the cars in previous seasons.