Force India VJM02 revealed early – pictures (2009 F1 cars)

Force India F1 VJM02 - 2009 F1 car

Force India F1 VJM02 - 2009 F1 car

Force India’s VJM02 was due to break cover tomorrow but Anirudh has dug out some early pictures of it on Force India’s official website.

They confirm the impression we got from the Force India calendar earlier this year that the new car replaces the bright red flashes of 2008 with orange and green. More pictures below.

2009 Formula 1 cars

Thanks to Anirudh for the tip!

Enjoyed this post? You can vote for it on Digg, submit it to Stumbleupon, or share it with the rest of the world using the social sites below.

80 comments on Force India VJM02 revealed early – pictures (2009 F1 cars)

1. Whewbacca the Cookie said on 28th February 2009, 16:21

At least we won’t have a mix-up with the McLarens on screen anymore.

2. F1Yankee said on 28th February 2009, 16:40

let’s celebrate force india’s new colors with a little music:

3. i like it!
    one of the best looking cars of 09 both shape and livery
    much better than that bland looking williams…

4. anirudh said on 28th February 2009, 17:39

I’ll tell you guy If F1 were to look good FIA should BAN WHITE COLOUR IN LIVERIES

5. KingHamilton said on 28th February 2009, 17:55

Wow I didnt know Force India had won the premier league! Blimey, the things you learn

6. John H said on 28th February 2009, 18:01

I like it too.

But yes – too much white in F1…. I want to see a black car like a Minardi!

• Whewbacca the Cookie said on 1st March 2009, 8:05

Your comment made me remember the old Shadow of the late 70s.

• Gman said on 2nd March 2009, 5:47

If Williams had stuck with that all-dark blue scheme they have run in thesting over the past few years, we would have something similar to what you’re talking about.

7. Great paint, ugly car. Exhaust looks illegal as well, similar to Ferrari’s first short exhaust tips this year.

The lighter colors allow us to see detail better than dark liveries.

8. It’s funny how many of you here call the colours of the Indian flag childish :| Hmm…

And there are actually two huge similarities to McLaren:
    1. The overall proportions of the chassis (vide -> side view).
    2. An extremely high nose, which in both cars is higher then the wheels, making it look like and F3 car. (I don’t mean the nose-cone, but the whole of it.)

• When I called it childish, I was in reference to the bright orange and green used. I didn’t (mean to) direct the ‘childish’ term towards the Indian flag, even though it’s the same colours, and I certainly didn’t mean any offense.

Bright orange and green are attractive colours for a child, though – it’s just basic colour psychology.

9. John H said on 28th February 2009, 19:20

No pics of the diffuser? hmmmm.

10. great liveried car. However will the fia let them slip through the net with exaust tips.

11. Brendan said on 28th February 2009, 20:44

Does the car say “Powered by Mercedes-Benz” anywhere on it? I guess it’s been standard for the Ferrari customer teams not to advertise their engine supplier on the livery, but all the other customer teams do.

12. Jury is still out on this one – need to see it in the flesh so to speak before I can decide if I like it or not. Having said that though, it’s nice to see some green in the field that is not on tyres or the team-formerly-known-as-Honda’s shorts….

13. manatcna said on 1st March 2009, 0:39

I agree with you, sajonaraman.
    The first thought I had was ‘It must be a plastic model’

The Indian flag looks great in these colours, but I really can’t say I like this livery

It’s only redeeming feature, in my opinion, is we’re not going to confuse it with anything else on the track,(unless the ex-Honda car has a similar paint job)

14. Stealthman said on 1st March 2009, 1:46

The car looks like something pulled out of the early 90’s. ‘Nuff said.

15. I quite like what they do with their mirrors and so forth, they have some clever interpretations. Still, I expect they’ll be down the bottom again.