2009 F1 cars: which looks best? (Poll)

willferrmcla_470150

It’s beauty contest time. The 2009 F1 cars are a strange looking bunch but there’s no mistaking some are better looking than others.

Which is the fairest of them all? Vote and check out pictures of each of the cars below.

Which is the best-looking 2009 F1 car?

• BMW F1.09 (5%)

Toyota TF109

Toyota TF109 pictures

Williams FW31

Williams FW31 livery - official pictures

Williams FW31 livery - official pictures

Williams FW31 pictures

Title picture via the F1 Fanatic drop.io courtesy of IDR. Other images (C) BMW ag, Brawn GP, Ferrari spa, Force India F1 Team, McLaren .com, Getty images, Renault / LAT, Getty images, Toyota F1 World and Williams / LAT

74 comments on 2009 F1 cars: which looks best? (Poll)

1 2 3 4
  1. That’s quite a touch one. I like the Brawn and the McLaren, but the Red Bull, too. But I voted for the Williams.

2. Ferrari forever..I love its color

3. Liquid said on 9th March 2009, 8:07

Red bull for sure… but i like force india too for being a little different than the usual f1 cars..

4. IDR said on 9th March 2009, 8:10

Despite I have voted for MP4-24, I must say, as “rights owner” of the pic shown in this poll, that in fact my favorite ones are, Williams, Ferrari and McLaren.

At the end I’ve voted for McLaren because not only the car design but a fabulous livery also.

On the other hand, I’ve seen in the results of this poll, two people voting for Renault.

I would appreciate a lot an explanation of their reasons for considering Renault design the best look for this season. One never knows if there is something arround that I cannot appreciate!!! :-)))

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 9th March 2009, 8:17

I’d been trying to find a note of who made it! Have added you in the credits :-)

Perhaps the ballot was confusing?

5. StrFerrari4Ever said on 9th March 2009, 8:15

well me i’m going to be very biased and go for Toro Rosso the livery is just more attractive and looks fierce and that nose also looks interesting on it wonder if Newey put some experimental bits on it :)

6. Rob R. said on 9th March 2009, 8:27

Obviously everyone who voted for Renault was joking.

7. I’ve voted Brawn GP BGP001 – I probably biased, but to me it looks like a fantastic car – I only hope it goes as well as it looks!! (I’ve even warmed to the interim testing livery – though reports over on RHF1 – now RBGP – suggest the final livery will be somewhat different…)

• Alastair said on 9th March 2009, 10:14

The BGP001 is the best looking, because it’s there, despite all the rumours and speculation, it’s there and I hope it does well!!!

8. kallan said on 9th March 2009, 8:33

The renault does have the ‘its so weird i can’t stop looking at it’ factor, which to me puts it above some others (im not one who voted for it however) I actually find mclaren’s livery a bit sterile, the silver is so mechanical.

9. Adron said on 9th March 2009, 9:03

The BMW, Toyota, and Williams are boring. The Renault looks like vomit! As does the Force India offering. The Brawn reminds me of a plain-Jane, no style stepchild….just ugly as can be! Torro Roso and Red Bull survived, as did Ferrari. The McClaren is the queen of the 2009 ball (but I’m pulling for the Ferrari boys :D).

10. I voted for Ferrari; very clean car and great colour scheme. And mainly; because I support the team.

But Keith; when you say Best looking car: You mean in terms of livery or in terms of aerodynamic and mechanical design ?

Also; time for the end-of-the-testing-season “who will you support poll too” ! !

• Scott Joslin said on 9th March 2009, 9:32

“when you say Best looking car: You mean in terms of livery or in terms of aerodynamic and mechanical design ?”

Would you care what colour swimming costume they wear in the Miss World competition? Lol

11. Scott Joslin said on 9th March 2009, 9:33

I am going for the Ferrari, initially when it came out I was not too impressed, but I never had anything to compare it too. Yes there are some nice cars out there, the Red Bull is well designed from a technical perspective, but I don’t find it appealing on the eye. The Mclaren too is a nice car but I find myself uncomfortable with the elephant trunk type nose.

I agree with Sumedh, it is a classic simple design with nothing gimmicky. The lines are simple from the front and the side.

12. ajokay said on 9th March 2009, 9:33

I would have said the RB5… until I saw the RB5 painted in the Toro Rosso livery this morning.

So for me, the winner is the STR4.

13. Roger Carballo AKA Architrion said on 9th March 2009, 9:42

I think you have missed the right one…..
    I vote NONE.

Please, Keith, add this one to the options available

14. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 9th March 2009, 9:44

I always think the Toro Rosso livery looks fine when stationary but when the car’s moving it looks too ussy.

I like the RB5 best. It looks like an aggressive design, and they’ve refined the Red Bull livery to the point where it looks quite stylish too. The F60′s nice too.

I still think the R29 is an improvement over last year (they got rid of the blue at least) but it’ll still a complete dog’s breakfast.

Oh, and the Williams is OK but it looked much better in the interim livery.

• James said on 9th March 2009, 21:54

I think the Renault would be much better if they did the livery better. I found the “how to design an F1 car livery” in F1 racing quite ironic!

Would the R29 not look waaay better if they cut the white and just made it all yellow/orange/red?

• James said on 9th March 2009, 22:02

[sorry if this has double-posted!]

15. Incredible how different the noses look. Just goes to show what new regulations can do – makes everyone think a little differently.

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 9th March 2009, 9:54

…until they all start copying the person who got it right.

• Agree entirely. Hopefully, this will happen bit less with the testing ban as it will be more difficult for the teams to work out if copying is going to be any quicker.

• Scott Joslin said on 9th March 2009, 10:09

Lets hope and prey that Renault nose is not the way to go, I would hate to see 20 cars looking like that!

• ajokay said on 9th March 2009, 10:21

If you painted that Renault white with black splodges, I think you’d find it hard to tell that it wasn’t actually a cow.

1 2 3 4