2009 F1 cars: which looks best? (Poll)

Posted on | Author Keith Collantine

willferrmcla_470150

It’s beauty contest time. The 2009 F1 cars are a strange looking bunch but there’s no mistaking some are better looking than others.

Which is the fairest of them all? Vote and check out pictures of each of the cars below.

Which is the best-looking 2009 F1 car?

• BMW F1.09 (5%)

Toyota TF109

Toyota TF109 pictures

Williams FW31

Williams FW31 livery - official pictures
Williams FW31 livery - official pictures

Williams FW31 pictures

Title picture via the F1 Fanatic drop.io courtesy of IDR. Other images (C) BMW ag, Brawn GP, Ferrari spa, Force India F1 Team, McLaren .com, Getty images, Renault / LAT, Getty images, Toyota F1 World and Williams / LAT

74 comments on “2009 F1 cars: which looks best? (Poll)”

Jump to comment page: 1 2 3
  1. That’s quite a touch one. I like the Brawn and the McLaren, but the Red Bull, too. But I voted for the Williams.

2. Ferrari forever..I love its color

3. Red bull for sure… but i like force india too for being a little different than the usual f1 cars..

4. Despite I have voted for MP4-24, I must say, as “rights owner” of the pic shown in this poll, that in fact my favorite ones are, Williams, Ferrari and McLaren.

At the end I’ve voted for McLaren because not only the car design but a fabulous livery also.

On the other hand, I’ve seen in the results of this poll, two people voting for Renault.

I would appreciate a lot an explanation of their reasons for considering Renault design the best look for this season. One never knows if there is something arround that I cannot appreciate!!! :-)))

1. I’d been trying to find a note of who made it! Have added you in the credits :-)

Perhaps the ballot was confusing?

5. StrFerrari4Ever
    9th March 2009, 8:15

well me i’m going to be very biased and go for Toro Rosso the livery is just more attractive and looks fierce and that nose also looks interesting on it wonder if Newey put some experimental bits on it :)

6. Obviously everyone who voted for Renault was joking.

1. 25 votes/people joking???

Nice to see a good shape in this blog!!! :-)

7. I’ve voted Brawn GP BGP001 – I probably biased, but to me it looks like a fantastic car – I only hope it goes as well as it looks!! (I’ve even warmed to the interim testing livery – though reports over on RHF1 – now RBGP – suggest the final livery will be somewhat different…)

1. The BGP001 is the best looking, because it’s there, despite all the rumours and speculation, it’s there and I hope it does well!!!

8. The renault does have the ‘its so weird i can’t stop looking at it’ factor, which to me puts it above some others (im not one who voted for it however) I actually find mclaren’s livery a bit sterile, the silver is so mechanical.

9. The BMW, Toyota, and Williams are boring. The Renault looks like vomit! As does the Force India offering. The Brawn reminds me of a plain-Jane, no style stepchild….just ugly as can be! Torro Roso and Red Bull survived, as did Ferrari. The McClaren is the queen of the 2009 ball (but I’m pulling for the Ferrari boys :D).

10. I voted for Ferrari; very clean car and great colour scheme. And mainly; because I support the team.

But Keith; when you say Best looking car: You mean in terms of livery or in terms of aerodynamic and mechanical design ?

Also; time for the end-of-the-testing-season “who will you support poll too” ! !

1. Scott Joslin
      9th March 2009, 9:32

“when you say Best looking car: You mean in terms of livery or in terms of aerodynamic and mechanical design ?”

Would you care what colour swimming costume they wear in the Miss World competition? Lol

11. Scott Joslin
    9th March 2009, 9:33

I am going for the Ferrari, initially when it came out I was not too impressed, but I never had anything to compare it too. Yes there are some nice cars out there, the Red Bull is well designed from a technical perspective, but I don’t find it appealing on the eye. The Mclaren too is a nice car but I find myself uncomfortable with the elephant trunk type nose.

I agree with Sumedh, it is a classic simple design with nothing gimmicky. The lines are simple from the front and the side.

12. I would have said the RB5… until I saw the RB5 painted in the Toro Rosso livery this morning.

So for me, the winner is the STR4.

13. Roger Carballo AKA Architrion
    9th March 2009, 9:42

I think you have missed the right one…..
    I vote NONE.

Please, Keith, add this one to the options available

1. Added just for you Roger 8-)

14. I always think the Toro Rosso livery looks fine when stationary but when the car’s moving it looks too ussy.

I like the RB5 best. It looks like an aggressive design, and they’ve refined the Red Bull livery to the point where it looks quite stylish too. The F60’s nice too.

I still think the R29 is an improvement over last year (they got rid of the blue at least) but it’ll still a complete dog’s breakfast.

Oh, and the Williams is OK but it looked much better in the interim livery.

1. I think the Renault would be much better if they did the livery better. I found the “how to design an F1 car livery” in F1 racing quite ironic!

Would the R29 not look waaay better if they cut the white and just made it all yellow/orange/red?

2. I think the Renault would be much better if they did the livery better. I found the “how to design an F1 car livery” in F1 racing quite ironic!

[sorry if this has double-posted!]

15. Incredible how different the noses look. Just goes to show what new regulations can do – makes everyone think a little differently.

1. …until they all start copying the person who got it right.

2. Agree entirely. Hopefully, this will happen bit less with the testing ban as it will be more difficult for the teams to work out if copying is going to be any quicker.

3. Scott Joslin
      9th March 2009, 10:09

Lets hope and prey that Renault nose is not the way to go, I would hate to see 20 cars looking like that!

4. If you painted that Renault white with black splodges, I think you’d find it hard to tell that it wasn’t actually a cow.

16. Surprised the Force India isn’t doing better I like it much more than last year’s.

1. talking about Force India(as usual), did anyone notice they have actually changed their logo?

17. Its a very close fight b/w mclaren & red bull & and of course its photocopy toro rosso. I would on any day give more importance to aero detailing over livery. On that terms rbr & str score over mclaren. So kudos to adrian newey & his windtunnel for the hardwork.

18. Roger Carballo AKA Architrion
    9th March 2009, 11:05

Hey Keith, thank you, bro

It seems I’m not the only one who thinks the whole grid is an ugly collection of something someone is trying to sell us as Formula 1 cars (you know, the fastests and most edged machines ever built….) Maybe we can win this poll, even starting with so much delay. :-)

1. I’m seeing it as a “If you HAD to choose one of the 2009 cars, which would you choose?” rather than foregoing the option altogether.

Yes there have been better looking F1 cars, but some of these are shaping up really nicely.

19. aparently, there are a few die-hard Renault fans who really voted for the yellow submarine that hit the reef nose-first :-) … or a few of Flavio’s (former) girlfriends who’ve only seen the designs from the years before he got married :-)

20. the Ferrari P4 is the best looking followed by the Ford GT 40….. oh , sorry you mean F1 car lol…… none of them

Jump to comment page: 1 2 3