Australian Grand Prix pictures: race

Chaos breaks out at the start as Mark Webber and Rubens Barrichello tangle

Chaos breaks out at the start as Mark Webber and Rubens Barrichello tangle

The late afternoon start for this year’s Australian Grand Prix gave a lovely colour to photographs from the race.

Here’s a selection of pictures including home hero Mark Webber waving to the crowd from a fire truck before the race, the first-lap pile-up, and the jubilant scenes among the Brawn team after the race.

More pictures from the Australian Grand Prix

More F1 pictures

Images (C) Ferrari spa, BMW ag, Toyota F1 World, Bridgestone, Getty Images, Force India F1 Team, Daimler, Renault / LAT, Williams / LAT

8 comments on Australian Grand Prix pictures: race

1. Martin Bell said on 29th March 2009, 21:13

Great shots! One thing that puzzles me though, with all the technological detail that surrounds F1, you would have thought that the teams would have some sort of laser guided, carbon fibre, fool proof piece of equipment for catching the Champagne bottle in! Time after time we’ve seen this job entrusted to an over excited mechanic with greasy hands, who more often than not drops it! Sort it out!!!!!!! Perhaps I need some sleep. Or to get out more.

2. The end of day, dusk light was a nice change. Them shots up there do look nice.

So happy to see Jenson do well. Maybe this year will be a good one for him. He deserves a good one.

3. BRASIL Power said on 29th March 2009, 23:46

Barrichello did good!!!!!!!
    I hope that next time Massa and Piquet do the same…

4. Fabiano said on 30th March 2009, 3:46

Hi, i´m sorry for my bad english… i´m brazilian, i dont speak english…..
    whats the fame of the barrichello in Europe???? I like very, very much of Barrichello as driver and as person… but, in Brazil he is considered a driver ridiculous for the brazilian people and the humorostic tv shows….

For me, Barrichello is great man and great driver…. for me. For brazilian People, Felipe massa is very better…

My Web Site (profile in Google Orkut) is: http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Profile.aspx?rl=mp&uid=2195848690804991631

Thanks (and more a time, sorry my down english)

• goofy said on 30th March 2009, 7:38

in germany barrichello is just the man who always worked for michael schumacher. but he did a good job in germans’ opinion. so he never had the real chance to show his potential

5. IDR said on 30th March 2009, 6:01

Great pics Keith!!!! (as always)

I like so much this one in which one can see all small pieces of the front wing of webber spread over the air.

I was not able to watch the first hour of the race and I could not see what have been happened, at the start, but with this picture I have a nice idea.

Thanks again.

6. Erico said on 30th March 2009, 8:08

Now that Ferrari DNF the race they must withdraw their appeal against double diffusers otherwise their appeal may end handing the win to Hamilton altogether, their sworn enemy number one. Meanwhile they must start working on “tripple diffuser” asap.

7. Australian GP pictures: race | F1 pictures I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty. You’re wonderful! Thanks! your article about Australian GP pictures: race | F1 picturesBest Regards Shane