South Korea’s F1 track in Jeonnam (2010 South Koreand Grand Prix)

South Korea's F1 track in Jeonnam (click to enlarge)

South Korea’s F1 track in Jeonnam (2010 South Koreand Grand Prix)

8 comments on South Korea’s F1 track in Jeonnam (2010 South Koreand Grand Prix)

1. HounslowBusGarage said on 6th April 2009, 18:36

Looks flat, doesn’t it?
    I’m assuming that the numbers 1 and 2 denote separate pit complexes – 1 for ‘national’ events and 2 for GP’s.
    On that basis and assuming that it’s clockwise, I think the narrow zig-zag section between the crescent on the shore and the dedicated circuit looks pretty naff. Point and squirt stuff. The long straight that effectively runs between Pit Complex 1 and Pit Complex 2 has tight bends at each end; not sure if this will be any good at all for overtaking.
    Sorry to be jaundiced, but it looks rather boring.

2. Rob Wilson said on 6th April 2009, 20:35

i wonder if this confirms a Hyundai team for the 2010 season seeing as this would be their home gp…and ive heard roumers their thinking about it…..hmm

3. NowImScared said on 4th June 2009, 14:42

I seriously doubt this will be ready in time. Does anyone have any other info? I live in Incheon, Korea, and am really concerned that the accomodations surrounding this area can’t handle a massive influx of spectators (if there are any).

4. Andy Road Runner said on 24th December 2009, 8:35

Hi All,

I am so much Looking forward to the new F1 season.
    More Races and More Teams and a new circuit.
    I cant wait to Mid March to hear the noise, smell the petrol, feel the power, feel the adrenelin pumping.

Start your engines.

GO KOREA GO. The circuit looks amazing and I’m sure it will look stunning once its finnished.

Keep up the hard work it will be worth it.

Happy Christmas everyone.

Andy.

5. Chris said on 10th August 2010, 0:53

I live in South Korea and have been to see the track a few times. To be honest, it looks like they have barely started apart from the grand stand and levelling the ground. However (and this is a big however) the Koreans can work wonders at pulling something out of the bag last minute. Im working here building ships and if they can build a 200,000 Ton oil tanker in 5 months Im sure they can pull this off. Lets keep our fingers crossed! I will post some photos and give a link here at a later date

6. sue collins said on 14th October 2010, 16:16

I am in Malaysia flying to Seoul on 21st oct ,, exactly where is the track and how do i get to it.

sue collins