Chinese Grand Prix pictures

Vettel and Webber celebrate their one-two finish

Vettel and Webber celebrate their one-two finish

Here’s a selection of dramatic pictures of the rain-lashed Chinese Grand Prix – including some excellent photographs of the victorious Red Bull team celebrating their maiden win.

More F1 pictures

Images (C) Ferrari spa, Renault/LAT, Williams/LAT, Bridgestone, www.mclaren.com, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India F1 Team, Toyota F1 World, BMW ag

15 comments on Chinese Grand Prix pictures

1. Alex White said on 19th April 2009, 19:00

Very Nice. :)

Kieth – Where do you get these pictures from , they really are pretty darned good :)

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 19th April 2009, 19:40

The sources are listed at the bottom of the post. The teams distribute images sourced from a number of agencies, for example Red Bull use Getty, and their pictures are very high quality.

2. Oliver said on 19th April 2009, 19:57

I don’t see the BMW mating with the Toyota. But that champagne art shot is nice.

3. rigo0sotirhs said on 19th April 2009, 20:16

A long time ago I started looking the photos you post but I always find no good picture of McLaren and with low resolution 900×600 pixels all the others are better. why this?

4. Abhishek said on 19th April 2009, 20:35

@keith, thank you very much for all this!
    i love this website.

5. sajonaraman said on 19th April 2009, 21:44

I’m amazed by all the pics but this one is a marvel:

6. HounslowBusGarage said on 19th April 2009, 22:37

I think almist all of these pics deserve awards, but the one of Vetel in the garage, holding the champagne bottle and with the trophy beside him deserves a prize. The glory in victory and the hollowness of conquest. Brilliant shot.

7. Arthur954 said on 19th April 2009, 23:02

The people you see in the stands are all members of the local Communist Party, driven there in buses under strict orders to attend the race.
    If not, they have to work for a month in the salt mines.

8. Sankamesh said on 20th April 2009, 10:43

Saddest Day for Sutil!!!!
    So near but so far!!!

9. NickO said on 20th April 2009, 17:19

Some great shots here I haven’t seen anywhere else.

The exhausted Vettel alone in that austere back room somewhere is great.

10. Dougie said on 21st April 2009, 11:08

Those Red Bull pictures are absolute quality, hands and feet above the rest. Agree with sajonaraman, that Vettel in car shot is just sublime, my new background picture indeed (and in widescreen too, quality)!

Agree with most on the Vettel backroom shot also, that is pure art… do you think Getty will do my wedding photos?? ;-)

11. Dougie said on 21st April 2009, 11:22

Oops… actually, it’s this shot I was on about, not the one that sanjoroman mentions (that’ll teach me not to click the link, doh!)… although the other one is good too.

12. John H said on 21st April 2009, 13:53

I hadn’t realised before that the shark fin connects into the rear wing on the red bull. Perhaps that’s what the car is so stable when cornering in the wet.