Rate the race: Bahrain Grand Prix

Jenson Button takes his third win of 2009 from fourth on the grid. What did you think of the Bahrain Grand Prix? Rate it out of ten and have your say below.

Rate the 2009 Bahrain Grand Prix out of 10

• 1 - Terrible (1%)
  • 2 - Rubbish (1%)
  • 3 - Boring (7%)
  • 4 - Often tedious (4%)
  • 5 - A bit dull (14%)
  • 6 - Not bad (18%)
  • 7 - Good (30%)
  • 8 - Great (16%)
  • 9 - Fantastic (6%)
  • 10 - Perfect (3%)

Total Voters: 1,848

Loading ... Loading ...

45 comments on Rate the race: Bahrain Grand Prix

1. i’m loving this season so far. also thought di montezemolo emerging from his stronghold to give everyone a kick in the butt was hilarious. raikkonen really was faster today. maybe LDM should attend every race..

2. Loki said on 26th April 2009, 15:44

I feel a bit generous giving it 6/10 but I’m giving it the benefit of doubt seeing as I fell asleep :)

At least Ferrari have scored, it’s not all bad.

3. David A said on 26th April 2009, 15:52

5/10 as the start was brilliant, but it descended into a dull race, but at least Ferrari scored.

4. Mahir C said on 26th April 2009, 16:13

At last a proper race. Button and Brawn were awesome today, they had the best race pace even though they had to compromise their pace for cooling. Button’s overtake on Hamilton was mega, pure outbraking and it was on a KERS car!. I would take this boring race over China. I want a race not a circus.

5. Mouse_Nightshirt said on 26th April 2009, 16:21

7/10

Based virtually all on the opening laps – some of the best fighting I’ve seen on a first lap for a while. F1 Focus had 1st lap footage from Webber which showed how crazy it was at the back.

I guess I’m quite a fan of the strategic side of things. The question mark over Button’s strategy made it quite interesting for me.

6. rahim said on 26th April 2009, 17:28

KIMI WAS AWESOME

7. 159Tom said on 26th April 2009, 22:33

Some great hairy action up the back in the early laps – and another fantastic pass by Jenson, this time on Lewis. But otherwise, another event ruined by nerdy strategists trying to keep the cars apart on the track.

Bring on the refuelling ban, 4/10.

BBC’s onboard view proved its worth today – watched the start from Lewis’s car, and was able to see Rubens getting more and more wound up behind Piquet! Great stuff.

8. Cameron said on 27th April 2009, 5:54

I recorded the race to watch after work… ended up falling asleep on the couch with about 20 laps to go. Woke up just in time to see the podium.

I get the feeling my dreams were probably considerably more entertaining the the race unfolding on the screen in front of me.

Personally though, I’ve never been a fan of Bahrain or the GP’s run there. So, more of the same for me.

9. Bigbadderboom said on 27th April 2009, 10:47

I recorded it and watched it Sunday night (Kids wanted to go mountain biking!!) I though it was ok, Bahrain is a pooor circuit as a spectacle, but the racing was good, F1 is more than overtaking and crashing, it’s currently more about strategy and quick thinking on the teams part. Brawn are the masters at the moment and I enjoy that element of it all. It will be diffeerent nest year

• Gman said on 28th April 2009, 3:59

F1 is more than overtaking and crashing….

I watched the Sprint Cup race at Talladega later in the day, and was reminded of that. They are really lucky drivers and/or spectators don’t get injured there every time they race.

10. Gman said on 28th April 2009, 4:00

Good race overall- certainly not great, but a good start and a few good battles. I was disappointed that Nakajima couldn’t finish the show, as it would have been neat to see every car finish on a good day.

11. A few highlights – Alonso on Trulli springs to mind. But overall I found it a bit dull.

I think its the featureless track in the sandpit – it just sucks the life out of the race, so it could be the most exciting race you’ve ever seen but it will still look dull at that awful place.

12. graigchq said on 28th April 2009, 13:31

Well for me, this was the first really exciting race of 2009. For the grid to be seperated by just 0.7s 1st to 20th in qualifying really shows how things are changing. Lewis Hamilton proving that he is the real star, not his car, by taking a convincing fourth when his car clearly wasn’t as fast as that. Sebastian Vettel, another young driver, making Formula 1 more exciting by throwing some of the more experienced drivers a wake up call, and great qualifying for Toyota, just a shame that they don’t have the strategeic genious of Ross Brawn behind them, or they would have taken 1-2 for the first time.

Well done Jensen, for me, he is the real hero of F1. He’s put up with countless failures, bad cars, traffic and reliability problems, and now, given the right machinery, and up aginst a more than capable team mate in Rubens Barichello, he is proving that he was worth the wait and the investment, and its great to see the other drivers rejoice in Jensen finally making good on his potential.

Don’t care what everyone else is saying above, for me, this was the best race for years, exciting all the way through.

13. I gave it a 5/10 because of the track. Some good bits of racing thou. Looked like there were more track workers & pit crew than spectators.

14. PDlZXu nnvbohwvfrtk, [url=http://fiehvexlrgki.com/]fiehvexlrgki[/url], [link=http://dcapxkmmbyih.com/]dcapxkmmbyih[/link], http://lrhcmkgxrysk.com/