Monaco Grand Prix: Rate the race

What did you think of the Monaco Grand Prix? Rate the race and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2009 Monaco Grand Prix out of 10

Total Voters: 1,997

Loading ... Loading ...

Read more: 2009 and 2008 Rate the Race results

95 comments on Monaco Grand Prix: Rate the race

1 2 3 4
  1. Mr Soap said on 24th May 2009, 14:49

Boring race, boring championship.

2. Tim said on 24th May 2009, 14:50

anyone know where i can watch the race online?

3. TommyB said on 24th May 2009, 14:50

1/10. New ‘exciting’ rules. Championship pretty much over. This is not good

4. persempre said on 24th May 2009, 14:51

Oh how can you rate Monaco?
    Processional but always the most spectacular event on the calendar.

5. Gervz said on 24th May 2009, 14:53

6/10 Not bad, but I’m getting really bored with the new ‘domination’ of Brawn GP, unlikely that any team can beat them now, unless Brawn runs out of money!

Although it’s great for Button…

6. 40_thieves said on 24th May 2009, 14:55

Agreeing with Mr Soap. How the hell can the media claim this as a brilliant thing for F1? Last year – exciting (last corner, last lap, last race anyone?). This year tiresomely predictable and utterly boring.
    Rule changes, while making cars prettier, were utterly terrible. Plus media claiming it as the greatest story on F1. Total crap.

• TommyB said on 24th May 2009, 14:59

I agree with everything you just said. It’s not a fairytale, its boring. If this was McLaren or Ferrari everyone would be saying this is boring. It’s not good for Formula One this championship is RUBBISH!!!

• John H said on 25th May 2009, 17:43

I agree also, apart from the prettier cars comment!

7. Robert said on 24th May 2009, 14:59

I started to find it really boring about half way through, i enjoyed the race more last year.

8. Test Driver said on 24th May 2009, 15:01

Well I voted perfect, why? Cos you know what’s even more boring, you lot complaining constantly. I enjoyed watching the whole race, and the top 4 drivers were great!

Why if you constantly complain about the sport, do you even like. Go home.

• Hear, hear.

• Prisoner Monkeys said on 24th May 2009, 16:23

I have a theory as to that: everyone has an idea of how the races should be run, and every time a race plays out differetly to that view, they see it as confirmation that they are right and the Powers Tht Be are wrong.

Yes, Monaco is processional, but hopefully that’s it for now. The last four races have been on circuits notorious for producing processional races: two Tilke-dromes, the most notorious testing circuit and the streets of the Principality. Istanbul might be another Tilke circuit, but the likes of turn eight and he anti-clockwise direction at least give it a bit of soul.

• Dougie said on 25th May 2009, 0:36

I voted Perfect and, TD, you got it spot on… there ain’t nothing boring about this race… I love F1 and this race had my emotions on a high! Top 4 were great!

9. simonrs said on 24th May 2009, 15:05

I think the descriptions of the numbers are misleading. 5 – bit dull – correct. 6 – not bad, not accurate monaco description. but i want to give it 6/10!

10. Jim said on 24th May 2009, 15:05

Shut it you whingers! :)
    If you want the results to be unpredictable, go and watch nascar or something. And were you actually expecting racing at Monaco?
    Brawn have designed the best car, and you lot are going to hold that against them!?

• TommyB said on 24th May 2009, 15:07

We don’t hate Brawn. We just want a race! Only the Brawn fans find this interesting. They enjoy Brawn more than F1.

• mmmmm i agree with you jim !!! are all the whingers on here really true F1 fans ? me thinks not . we have now the prospect of having a new british champion elect a nice guy who has been in a terrible car for years but who has stayed loyal to his team & is now showing us all just how good a driver he is. so i say well done to all at brawn for giving us all something to smile about & making it a very interesting season much to the displeasure of the big boys !!! so go & win it jenson us true fans are behind you all the way !!!

11. mark my words. mclaren will win this race. i’m damn sure of it. just look at their record. you’ll be left with a hollow feeling after the race

words marked

12. Navs said on 24th May 2009, 15:07

We all know before going into Monaco that there will be little to no overtaking. So please answer the question conditional on that information!

• persempre said on 24th May 2009, 15:16

That`s the problem, Navs.
      I thoroughly enjoyed it. The Brawns were faultless. The Ferraris have made leaps & bounds.
      Yet, how do we rate Monaco as a race when the drivers can`t truly race there? It doesn`t detract from my enjoyment of the spectacle nor of my admiration for the drivers ability to maintain concentration around those narrow streets.

13. Lee said on 24th May 2009, 15:11

The racing was never going to be all that exciting, but the first 15 laps were brilliant. I enjoyed watching the race, I appreciate the skill of the drivers round this kind of track, didn’t make it boring for me at all. What was boring was seeing people have some sort of vendetta against Brawn and Button.

14. Was a good race. 7/10

15. sasbus said on 24th May 2009, 15:19

By mid season Button/Brawn can claim the championship. They would then go for long holiday and let us watch same good races.

1 2 3 4