Toyota having a car boot sale

You can have a Toyota engine cover for ??5,000 or a front nose for ??1,200

Toyota are clearing out their F1 parts bin and flogging it all on their website.

You can buy a part from one of their F1 cars for as little as ??200 (??228/$322). And if you’ve got a few thousand to spare you could get front noses, rear wings or even an entire engine cover.

Brakes, light alloy wheels and suspension parts are also up for sale.

Is Toyota having a car boot sale another sign they are planning to quit F1 (like, for example, their F1 circuit dropping off the calendar)?

Or do they just need a bit more storage space at their Cologne base?

Whichever, here’s some pictures of the goodies up for grabs:

Images (C) Toyota

You can buy the parts from the Toyota F1 shop.

If you do buy a Toyota part – or if you already own a part from an F1 car – please send in a picture. You can upload images to the F1 Fanatic drop.io, or get in touch with me via email or Twitter.

25 comments on Toyota having a car boot sale

1. persempre said on 31st May 2009, 10:41

Out of interest how much for an engine, Keith? (If they`re selling one, of course)
    I ask because I`d like to make comparisons with an 051 F2002

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 31st May 2009, 10:55

I don’t think they are selling one but here’s a thought – can you buy all the parts you need from Ferrari and Toyota to build your own F1 car? And perhaps Renault as well, they sell parts occasionally…

2. dan said on 31st May 2009, 10:55

cheaper than you’d think

3. persempre said on 31st May 2009, 11:02

Probably more sensible just to buy the whole car, Keith.
    I know Ferrari sell theirs (they get raced in the Corse Clienti Historic Challenge) but I`m not sure which other teams do.

4. Damon said on 31st May 2009, 11:08

Is Toyota having a car boot sale another sign they are planning to quit F1?

Not at all, Keith.
    As you can see, those are the last year’s (or older?) chassis elements. There’s no use in them anymore, so selling them is the most sensible thing to do. They free their storage space and boost their economy [That's a catchy phrase nowadays, isn't it?]

5. Rabi said on 31st May 2009, 11:45

I suggest we all chip in and buy enough parts to build a car and enter Keith as Team Fanatic – then we won’t have to worry about Nakajima or Piquet spinning out first ;)

6. Frank from Oz said on 31st May 2009, 11:53

Great idea Rabi!
    And then have a contest to choose which f1 fanatic will drive it first.

7. tbo said on 31st May 2009, 12:02

I tried to buy the double plain front wing, but alas, their payment system seems broken. If anyone else manages to buy something, can you let me know? I want to start on my Ferrari/Toyota hybrid a.s.a.p! Muchas gracias!

• Chris said on 31st May 2009, 12:46

Its a naf e-commers website however at the top of the f1 parts page it says

Prices are quoted without VAT and freight costs. To order please contact us via email: sales.order@toyota-f1.com or by telephone: +49 2234 1823 4746

8. Shame they’re not selling the double diffuser….

9. Didn’t Clarkson on Topgear buy a Honda rear Wing, and attach it to that renault or something during one of the episodes, I think I might just try the same idea with these attachements!!

• Flying Wombat said on 31st May 2009, 16:11

If I remember rightly, it actually made their car slower. Mind you, it was from a Super Aguri…

• Fer no.65 said on 31st May 2009, 17:28

and Hammond had bought it… but those Super Aguri parts were on sale after the scuderia lost his place in F1. They sold everything they could…

10. chris said on 31st May 2009, 14:33

Purhams Mclaren could buy these bits and spray them and add them to their car

11. Spud said on 31st May 2009, 16:10

Is this a scheme to recoup some of the money they have spent over the years, before they bail out of F1 altogether??

That’s what I first thought when I saw the headline.

Maybe I’m wrong…..

12. Striay said on 31st May 2009, 17:16

i would buy them if it were from Ferrari, Mclaren or Renault… but not TOYOTA, i dislike them very much, (not to say i hate them!).

13. Jonatas said on 31st May 2009, 22:24

Maybe they plan on using the proceeds to fix their crappy website!

14. Chaz said on 1st June 2009, 14:52

I think Toyota should give these parts away in regular competitions…

15. Gheen said on 2nd June 2009, 2:57

Heh…funny…you’d think of all teams, Toyota don’t need the extra money.