Dougie leads in the ultra-close F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship

Sush and Bobo predicted the podium correctly

Sush and Bobo predicted the podium correctly

Dougie has taken over at the head of the F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship leader board once again.

But he only has a slender five-point lead over Brouard and SaloolaS. See below for the full rankings.

The prizes

First place prize

• An original F1 painting by Rob Ijbema
  • Five F1 DVDs from Duke Video: “Formula One 1970: The uncrowned champion”, “Formula Villeneuve: A tribute to Gilles Villeneuve”, “The World’s Greatest F1 Cars”, “Champion: Hill” and “Nine Days in Summer”
  • ??60 to spend on F1 merchandise at Onpole.com

3x Runners-up prizes

• Copies of “Lotus Goes Turbo” DVDs from Duke Video
  • ??30 to spend on F1 merchandise at Onpole.com

Championship standings

Sush Meerkat and championship newcomer Bobo the Legend were the top scorers at the Istanbul round. Each netted 50 points, but no-one managed a perfect 60 this time around. Sush and Bobo correctly predicted the top three correctly but neither got the pole sitter right.

Sush’s result propelled him up 71 places into a tie for tenth with greg76, mar-E-o and simonrs. Meanwhile Bobo entered the 459-string championship an impressive 105th with just one result to his name. Can he do it again next week?

Here’s the championship standings so far in full:

21 comments on Dougie leads in the ultra-close F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship

1. Sush Meerkat said on 11th June 2009, 20:58

Its is the happiest day of my life, a mention on my favourite site, on the main pic.

Yeah you better be jealous!

Well done to newcomer Bobo the Legend, I look forward to next weeks race predictions for sure.

2. HounslowBusGarage said on 11th June 2009, 21:08

I think I might lodge a complaint with the Stewards of the Meeting. Not for any good reason, just because I’m around bottom . . .
    Well done to Dougie, Sush and Bobo!

• Wesley said on 12th June 2009, 0:37

Carefull now,don’t upset the stewards or you will receive a retro-active deduction in your points!

3. ajokay said on 11th June 2009, 21:30

Damn Rubens stalling his car on the grid all the time!

4. matt said on 11th June 2009, 21:32

Joint 173rd for the win!

I wish I’d had the internet for the past few weeks :(

5. TommyB said on 11th June 2009, 23:00

Joint 19th isn’t bad to say I’ve guessed Button,Button,Barrichello every race so far :D

• Sush Meerkat said on 12th June 2009, 7:36

LOL the law of averages gives you 19th place?, until the Turkish GP i was putting Sutil in third place in some sort of wishful thinking type thing

6. Richard said on 11th June 2009, 23:03

Twice i’ve got the top 3 right, just wrong order, if only my luck was different :(

7. Chua said on 12th June 2009, 1:55

I’m so good, you’ve put me in twice! :) Decent weekend all round, I think.

8. F1Yankee said on 12th June 2009, 2:30

dougie, from brouard21, from SaloolaS, from PawelF1, from wasiF1, from benno…

9. Fer no.65 said on 12th June 2009, 2:34

Sorry to ask, but, how come I scored just 10 points at Istambul having predicted Button to win and Vettel for 2nd?…

I predicted the race winner correctly and I said Vettel would finish on podium… I don’t get it. Why just 10?

Could you reply me the way you give points, to make it clear :P?

10. Arun.India said on 12th June 2009, 6:35

Hi Keith cant see my standings…….what is my position??

• Arun.India said on 12th June 2009, 6:38

U remember.U asked me to change my name from Arun……india to just Arun.India…

11. theo said on 12th June 2009, 8:15

this is more exciting than the actual championship

Theo

12. Sush Meerkat said on 12th June 2009, 15:57

This thread isn’t half as popular as it should be, I blame the Max Mosley for raining on mine and Bobo’s parade.

13. harisim said on 12th June 2009, 20:19

Cong. guys.Good one.Can’t wait next round.I have to be more objective.I know I should not choose drivers and teams just because I like them.

14. Flying Wombat said on 12th June 2009, 23:23

Equal 40th! I rock (!)

I’d have cleaned up if Massa had got his act together – I had him as being on pole and finishing between Button and Vettel. Thanks for nothing Filipe… ;-)

15. mp4-19 said on 14th June 2009, 8:58

wish i had a time machine de-lorean like michael j fox, like in the movie back to the future. or even a compendium of formula 1 results upto 2020 would do it for me!! any way 317 is not a bad result for me,considering the fact that i missed to votr for bahrain,in which i think i got all podium performers right. any way the championship is still open to people like me. unlike the real one on the track.