Over 500 F1 cars in one picture

I came across an excellent picture on another blog which shows every Formula 1 car from 1950 to 2004 side-by-side. Here’s a sample of it:

That 1990 Benetton is a favourite of mine, by the way...

That 1990 Benetton is a favourite of mine, by the way...

You can download the full file – a hefty 18.7Mb at 9362×6622 pixels – from the F1 Fanatic drop.io.

Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io

What’s your favourite F1 car on the picture?

Via Racing Otaku

Enjoyed this post? You can vote for it on Digg, submit it to Stumbleupon, or share it with the rest of the world using the social sites below.

55 comments on Over 500 F1 cars in one picture

1 2 3
  1. matt said on 11th June 2009, 21:34

Thats awesome, shame the cars couldn’t be lined up by team to see the evolution of each car

2. Chaz said on 11th June 2009, 21:36

That’s mental lol…

3. ajokay said on 11th June 2009, 21:37

That is the most wonderful thing I’ve ever seen. Right up my alley. Now if only I could sneak that onto the huge A1 printer at work…

I’m a fan of the newer era of cars, from 1990 onwards, and I always find the lesser teams have cooler looking cars and liveries.

The ’91 Jordan is a classic an looks like it means business, the ’92 Brabham has a rare F1 colour… pink. The ’94 and ’95 Pacifics are cool, along with the Simteks.

I love Minardi’s 2000 livery though.

• ajokay said on 11th June 2009, 21:41

Just noticed they have the 2001 Toyota car… a test car that never raced, yet they don’t have the 1997 Lola, which at least made it to a race weekend.

4. Rikadyn said on 11th June 2009, 21:43

IMO, F1 cars looked the best late 50s to mid 60s

5. TommyB said on 11th June 2009, 21:45

Insane picture!

Jordan 1991

Minardi 1996

Orange Arrows

I also love the classic malboro McLaren livery.

6. TommyB said on 11th June 2009, 21:50

Nice to see the old teams

I see Brabham now sueing the new Brabham team for using its name. So pleased, i hope we don’t get fake lotus and brabham in f1

7. TommyB said on 11th June 2009, 21:52

The Lotus 1971 56B looks like I piece of cheese

8. Shaun Field said on 11th June 2009, 21:56

Heres a link to a forum that has the poster updated for 2009 http://forums.finalgear.com/formula-1/formula-1-cars-poster-34882/page-2/

• scunnyman said on 12th June 2009, 3:48

Thanks Shaun

Looking at this years cars all together like that i say the Mclaren is by far the best looking, in profile at least.

9. TommyB said on 11th June 2009, 21:58

HAHA I just noticed the car that has ABBA on it!!

10. persempre said on 11th June 2009, 22:00

Someone`s done an impressive amount of work.
    It’s impossible for me to pick just one favourite car out of them, though.

11. scunnyman said on 11th June 2009, 22:18

I wish i had remembered this pic was on my hard drive. I’ve had it for a while now. I could have uploaded it long ago.
    I had it as a wallpaper for a while too.

If i was still a teenager it would make an ideal large poster for the bedroom wall.

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 11th June 2009, 22:59

The Times used to do posters like that each year you could send off for – I distinctly remember having the one for 1991 and learning all the drivers’ names – Eric van de Poele, Julian Bailey…

12. scunnyman said on 11th June 2009, 22:26

Now Keith,

You should do a poll in connection with the picture to see which of those cars is the best looking

13. beneboy said on 11th June 2009, 22:47

That is fantastic !

There’s plenty of great looking cars on there, still got a soft spot for the 1992 Williams FW14B, the 1961 Ferrari 156 would have to get my vote though.

14. Choltz said on 11th June 2009, 23:03

I love how it shows the major evolution between 67 and 77 and how little has changed in the last 10 years.

15. Awesome picture! Scunnyman I’m with you on the 1992 Ferrari F92A, beautiful!

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 12th June 2009, 0:26

Shamed it handled like a boat in a car park.

• scunnyman said on 12th June 2009, 3:33

most of the good looking cars in F1 seem to be dogs.
        Just look at this years Mclaren. And a lot of people said the Williams was the best looking 2009 car but they are not doing as well as people thought they might be doing better than they are.

1 2 3