Over 500 F1 cars in one picture

I came across an excellent picture on another blog which shows every Formula 1 car from 1950 to 2004 side-by-side. Here’s a sample of it:

That 1990 Benetton is a favourite of mine, by the way...

That 1990 Benetton is a favourite of mine, by the way...

You can download the full file – a hefty 18.7Mb at 9362×6622 pixels – from the F1 Fanatic drop.io.

Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io

What’s your favourite F1 car on the picture?

Via Racing Otaku

Enjoyed this post? You can vote for it on Digg, submit it to Stumbleupon, or share it with the rest of the world using the social sites below.

55 comments on Over 500 F1 cars in one picture

1. Brakius said on 12th June 2009, 8:22

The ’66 Lotus 43, always has and always will be my favorite.

The ’97-’01 Jordan’s had character. Also like the ’71 Lotus 56B and the ’68 McLaren M7.

2. Arthur Fowler said on 12th June 2009, 8:48

The ’73 Lotus 72 for me..mmmmmmmm perfect

3. Arthur Fowler said on 12th June 2009, 8:51

Although the 1968 Honda 302 likes fantastic. I just love the way the exhaust ‘pipes’ sweep around the rear of the car.

4. Arthur Fowler said on 12th June 2009, 8:53

having said all that, Jordan’s ’91 191 was a lovely car, the image on this wall chart doesnt do it any justice.

5. PJA said on 12th June 2009, 9:55

So many to choose from, I am biased towards the cars from when I started following F1 in 1991 and the drivers and teams I supported. So I would have to say the Williams FW14B, Williams FW18, McLaren MP4-20 and this years McLaren MP4-24 even though it is slow. I also liked the Williams FW26 ‘walrus nose’ although a lot of people seemed to think it was ugly.

6. TMFOX said on 12th June 2009, 10:16

The Williams FW18 does it for me :)

Noticed that the 1996 Forti 02 is incorrect

7. Ninad said on 12th June 2009, 11:34

Hello Keith,

I found this Mega Poster of all Formula 1 cars from 1st season in 1950 till 2007 season. Same like your poster but your poster is only till 2004 but this one is till 2007.

Preview of the picture- http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/Nin_13/Formula%201/MiniPosterOfAllCarsFrom1950-2007.jpg

You can download it from- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5D9EOQAO
    Note file is 8MB big. First unzip the file(.RAR) and view the image(.JPG)

8. I feel a poster for my office wall coming on…!

9. Chalky said on 12th June 2009, 15:40

Seem to be some missing.
    Anyway it’s nice to have a look. Browsing down the 1971 Lotus 56B caught me eye.
    Looks better in it’s original colours that was made for the 1968 Indy 500.
    Gas Turbine power F1 car. Shame it couldn’t be developed a bit more.

10. PJA said on 12th June 2009, 17:27

This website seems to have the same pictures but sorted into teams

makes it easier to see how each team has evolved over the seasons.

11. Ratboy said on 12th June 2009, 22:13

The 1986 Williams is nice, and I’m not sure why but I quite like the 1995 Sauber,

Looking at the older cars really makes this years lot look like dogs. :(

12. Fer no.65 said on 14th June 2009, 0:41

For me, when Colin Champman agreeded to paint his cars with the Joh Player Special colours, he created a masterpiece!!

Lotus 78, Lotus 77, Lotus 72 all so beautiful
    Ferrari 312T and Tyrrell P34 are one of my all time favourites

Those 70’s cars were so pretty!

13. Pankit said on 14th June 2009, 20:04

This is just brilliant … the most beautiful picture ever !!! this ones going on the wall for sure

14. JOM said on 19th June 2009, 20:21

Excellent picture

15. Mark Slavin said on 4th August 2009, 12:57

I remember getting a similar poster from Autosport showing the cars that took Goodyear’s first 500 wins. Because every win was represented you could see which teams had winning streaks.

16. Just discovered this site. It is awesome. My favourite is the Ferrari F2000, the MP4-15 is a close second.

17. This site

is down.
    Can anyone tell me how to find the pictures that were in it?
    Is there another similar site?

18. regina said on 8th March 2011, 14:02

can someone re-post the link for this image? It will no longer download the full picture.

19. Arturo Fregoso said on 6th April 2011, 16:50

You can find all these images at 2 web sites:

Most of it came in a french publication; an encyclopedia of Motor Racing …

20. Arturo Fregoso said on 6th April 2011, 16:59

I myself make drwing like that in several web pages or yearbooks in México (of course I made al Pedro Rodríguez BRMs, ferraris, Porsche 917 etc), here a sample: