Jenson Button to use fan’s helmet design

Jenson Button is using a special helmet for this weekend’s British Grand Prix.

It was designed by Bernie Zohl, a fan whose ‘Push the Button’ theme won a competition run by the Brawn team.

More F1 drivers’ helmets

20 comments on Jenson Button to use fan’s helmet design

1. TommyB said on 18th June 2009, 18:52

Cool, Lewis is doing the same thing too. Not see a picture of his yet though.

2. gabal said on 18th June 2009, 21:10

I think Glock is doing this – wearing a fan designed helmet. Is it just me or does it get to be a bit traditional that drivers wera fan-designed helmets at Silverstone. If I recall correctly Wurz had it too in his last ever Silverstone race and frankly it was way better then his usual helmet-design. Despite being made by a 10-year old…

3. TommyB said on 18th June 2009, 21:39

Heidfeld is doing one for Germany GP too. I have entered! :)

4. savage said on 19th June 2009, 8:04

I think i will have ago …now where’s my crayons

5. Adrian said on 19th June 2009, 8:52

I’m very impressed!!

I entered, but really couldn’t get the hang of the graphical interface you had to use to design the helmet. I thought I had a few good ideas (though none as cool as the winning one!) but couldn’t translate them onto the screen. I wish they’d offer a downloadable template that you could do your design on and then email to them…

6. PJA said on 19th June 2009, 10:05

I like it. If you are going to have a special design anywhere it should be at your home Grand Prix.

7. vincentaltair said on 19th June 2009, 12:24

Oh no! This is a disaster – Hasn’t he realised that whenever a driver has a special helmet, or a one-off car paint-job, that that car will not finish the race!!

8. mf hater said on 19th June 2009, 17:02

get a life, whats the point in all your stupid comments. how old are u?

9. LewisC said on 19th June 2009, 17:33

Push the Button?
    Wasn’t that a Sugababes song?

10. can I get a pic of the freakin helmet w/o the douche?

11. Gangsta said on 22nd June 2009, 4:10

button changed his helmet and got his worse result this year! I think he should go back to the other design and back to winning :)