Jenson Button to use fan’s helmet design

Jenson Button is using a special helmet for this weekend’s British Grand Prix.

It was designed by Bernie Zohl, a fan whose ‘Push the Button’ theme won a competition run by the Brawn team.

More F1 drivers’ helmets

19 comments on Jenson Button to use fan’s helmet design

1. TommyB said on 18th June 2009, 18:52

Cool, Lewis is doing the same thing too. Not see a picture of his yet though.

2. gabal said on 18th June 2009, 21:10

I think Glock is doing this – wearing a fan designed helmet. Is it just me or does it get to be a bit traditional that drivers wera fan-designed helmets at Silverstone. If I recall correctly Wurz had it too in his last ever Silverstone race and frankly it was way better then his usual helmet-design. Despite being made by a 10-year old…

• ajokay said on 18th June 2009, 23:06

Aww, I really like Wurz’s helmet design. The black and yellow, red and white stripes with all the jagged and torn edges. Really stands out.

3. TommyB said on 18th June 2009, 21:39

Heidfeld is doing one for Germany GP too. I have entered! :)

4. savage said on 19th June 2009, 8:04

I think i will have ago …now where’s my crayons

5. Adrian said on 19th June 2009, 8:52

I’m very impressed!!

I entered, but really couldn’t get the hang of the graphical interface you had to use to design the helmet. I thought I had a few good ideas (though none as cool as the winning one!) but couldn’t translate them onto the screen. I wish they’d offer a downloadable template that you could do your design on and then email to them…

6. PJA said on 19th June 2009, 10:05

I like it. If you are going to have a special design anywhere it should be at your home Grand Prix.

7. vincentaltair said on 19th June 2009, 12:24

Oh no! This is a disaster – Hasn’t he realised that whenever a driver has a special helmet, or a one-off car paint-job, that that car will not finish the race!!

8. mf hater said on 19th June 2009, 17:02

get a life, whats the point in all your stupid comments. how old are u?

9. LewisC said on 19th June 2009, 17:33

Push the Button?
    Wasn’t that a Sugababes song?

10. can I get a pic of the freakin helmet w/o the douche?

11. Gangsta said on 22nd June 2009, 4:10

button changed his helmet and got his worse result this year! I think he should go back to the other design and back to winning :)