Saturday with Ferrari

I’ve had a very exciting offer to spend the Saturday of the British Grand Prix with Ferrari.

I’ll be watching the practice and qualifying sessions and having a tour of the paddock and Ferrari garage. And, of course, doing everything I can to grab five minutes with someone from the team…

I had a similar opportunity last year which was arranged via a publication a worked for at the time. I’ve been invited back on behalf of F1 Fanatic (maybe it’s because I left a link in the guest book last year…) , and I hope to share lots of pictures and information from the day as it happens.

Keep an eye on my Twitter profile during Saturday (and throughout the British Grand Prix weekend) for updates:

F1 Fanatic on Twitter

I’ll post a round-up of the day’s activities on the blog later on as well.

Unfortunately this means I won’t be able to take part in the meet-and-greet we had planned for Saturday. However the Friday and Sunday meet-ups will still go ahead as planned.

I should also point out that the invite is not related to this article which appeared on Ferrari’s site yesterday referring to the poll we had about the FIA-FOTA row – but I am very pleased to get a link from the official Ferrari website :-)

Read more: Inside the Paddock Club with Ferrari

34 comments on Saturday with Ferrari

1. al_amana said on 18th June 2009, 11:10

Oh dear Keith, what a tough choice Ferrari Pitpass or a meet and great with the people who arguably got you the pitpass!!!

Seriously though good luck and try not to sabotage the Ferrari’s to get Jenson over the line!

2. Sei said on 18th June 2009, 11:12

Wow! Jealous! Have heaps of fun on race day!

3. SamS said on 18th June 2009, 11:15

i dont know, he picks us up and throws us down even faster!! I am only jealous, even though i am not a ferrari fan what a way to spend the day! one word GIT!!

4. PJA said on 18th June 2009, 12:07

Congratulations. Are you officially there as journalist or a fan? And will you be getting to listen in on the team radio as some guests seem to wear the headphones?

5. Doing this at practice tomorrow, all being well – we’ll leave you a note tucked under a stack of tyres for you :D

6. Sush Meerkat said on 18th June 2009, 12:25

pfft, Keith’s forgotten about us since now he’s an international playboy.

7. DGR-F1 said on 18th June 2009, 13:10

Nows your chance to collar Luca :-) Have fun!

8. Chalky said on 18th June 2009, 13:24

So if someone makes a large Keith cardboard cut out from:
    they’ll be able to sneak into the Ferrari garage too? :D
    Have a great day.
    If you’re in the pitlane, I challenge you to sneak into the BBC footage somehow.

9. And, of course, doing everything I can to grab five minutes with someone from the team…

I would like to read anything that you could ask to Rob Smedley. :)

10. Kutigz said on 18th June 2009, 14:00

Wait up Keith…What team do you support anyway???

• al_amana said on 18th June 2009, 14:49

That’s what I thought. I’m a huge Ferrari fan so Keith could always send me as a “representative” of F1Fanatic and he could still attend the meet and greet with you guys! Two birds, one stone.

The only catch is who’s going to cover the cost of my airline ticket ex Sydney-Australia and accomodation etc? I won’t except any less that 4 stars either.
      Look at me getting all excited I can’t wait………..

11. ajokay said on 18th June 2009, 14:09

Ask them why they cheat so much, and don’t leave without a proper answer! ;)

12. Bigbadderboom said on 18th June 2009, 14:40

Awesome Keith, don’t pick up any loose papers lying around, remember how much it cost McLaren, not sure F1Fanatic could suffer 100 million fine!!!

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 18th June 2009, 15:40

That’s on the list of jokes I’ll avoid making over lunch… 8-)

13. Journeyer said on 18th June 2009, 15:09

WOWEE!

Super jealous right now. :D Grrr…

You may be right in the thick of things if everything falls apart on Friday.

14. Sush Meerkat said on 18th June 2009, 16:17

WAIT I’VE GOT AN IDEA!
    Keith, I dare you to wear a shirt with “Felipe baby” on the front, and “STAY COOL” on the back.

15. Tombong said on 18th June 2009, 17:34

I envy you keith :p
    A day with Ferrari?!? In their paddock?!?