Dougie maintains his lead in the F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship

There were six people who predicted the podium and pole sitter correctly

There were six people who predicted the podium and pole sitter correctly

Six people correctly named the pole sitter and the top three finishers at the British Grand Prix ?ǣ congratulations to Pete Walker, Taypicala, Haas, Hal_9000, Maksf1 and Stiffmeister.

But one man continues to lead the championship race ?ǣ Dougie, who boasts a 15-point lead over second-placed Benno.

The prizes

First place prize

• An original F1 painting by Rob Ijbema
  • Five F1 DVDs from Duke Video: “Formula One 1970: The uncrowned champion”, “Formula Villeneuve: A tribute to Gilles Villeneuve”, “The World’s Greatest F1 Cars”, “Champion: Hill” and “Nine Days in Summer”
  • ??60 to spend on F1 merchandise at Onpole.com

3x Runners-up prizes

• Copies of “Lotus Goes Turbo” DVDs from Duke Video
  • ??30 to spend on F1 merchandise at Onpole.com

After six rounds of the F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship 29 people have correctly predicted the pole position and podium for a race. But no-one has managed to do it twice yet.

Pete Walker?s perfect prediction moved him up 36 places to equal third. And Taypicala has joined the tie for 14th place after gaining 74 places.

MaksF1 and Stiffmeister, meanwhile, nailed a maximum score of 60 on their first appearance in the Predictions Championship.

Here are the championship standings in full:

28 comments on Dougie maintains his lead in the F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship

1. kimster46 said on 23rd June 2009, 20:39

great going dougie and others!!! i hope someday my predictions come true :)

2. brouard21 said on 23rd June 2009, 20:48

grrrr

3. Damon said on 23rd June 2009, 20:53

Heh, this is more exciting than the WDC.
    My objective for now is to get on page 1 of those standings. I’ve climbed my way up from the last page, as I have scored no points in China… well, I was too late to fill in my prediction :/ And now I’m already on the top of page two with 85 points (#62).
    My other objective is to overtake Keith :D

4. TommyB89 said on 23rd June 2009, 20:58

Oh dear I’m dropping down and down :( 31st isn’t bad though. On the first page!

5. Damon said on 23rd June 2009, 20:59

BTW. Keith, you’re a bit wrong with the title: “Dougie stretches his lead”. His lead stayed the same, as he and Benno scored the same amount of points. The fourth placed man, Steve Walker, even got closer to him.

6. HounslowBusGarage said on 23rd June 2009, 21:02

The advantage of a long username is that it is much easier to spot one’s position on the pages of standings.
    Rather depressingly, I am several pages down . . .

7. Dougie said on 23rd June 2009, 21:08

Damon, you’re absolutely right, but Keith is right also if you consider the perspective of just taking the ranking of 1st and 2nd.

Anyway, woohoo!!! …but its who is at the top after the last race that matters, and knowing me I’ll fall at the last hurdle. Is soooo close, it is more exciting than the real thing, and gives each race an extra dimension.

Big up to the 6 that nailed the top score, wicked!

8. TommyB89 said on 23rd June 2009, 21:21

I guess the people on page 9 are the people who still think Lewis is going to get on the podium or even win! :P

9. Bigbadderboom said on 23rd June 2009, 21:28

All good for me, gutted i missed the spain prediction!!

10. DomPrez said on 23rd June 2009, 21:34

i really regret joining so late. this is a very simple/fun pool and hats off to kieth for maintaining it so well!! Im currently in GPupdatmanager.net aswell and although this is not as indepth/complex its just as fun and better yet, FREE!

good luck fanatics!

11. Blimey! Not a bad result in my home GP :D I can pretty much guarantee it won’t happen again for the rest of the season ;)

@Damon – who’s Steve Walker? :P

12. F1Fan said on 24th June 2009, 3:24

I believe I was a(nother) Webber blunder away from getting the predictions spot on for Silverstone.

13. Fell to joint 26th (from 6th) by forgetting to submit my prediction in time. Ouch!

14. StrFerrari4Ever said on 24th June 2009, 6:28

Grr 43rd that’s a disgrace kinda like STR’s season this year but im confident i’m going to have a substantial for the Nurburgring onwards :P

15. Rahzam said on 24th June 2009, 7:35

I was out of City this weekend and didn’t have access to internet. I tried to open website from mobile but failed :(

Is there anyway, I can use this website from mobile? What is twitter btw? Can I use twitter or something else from mobile?

DNF this weekend and 0 point but still on 31. It is still open.