Championship standings after Germany

McLaren 14
Renault 13
BMW 8
Toro Rosso 5

9 comments on Championship standings after Germany

1. TommyB said on 12th July 2009, 15:00

Wow!! So pleased Red Bull are catching Brawn up :)

2. ajokay said on 12th July 2009, 23:09

I like the fact that there could be a 4-horse race come the end of the season.

3. PrisonerMonkeys said on 13th July 2009, 0:25

I don’t know … Hungary is usually dry and warm, as is Valencia. Both could very easily go Brawn’s way.

• Bigbadderboom said on 13th July 2009, 9:48

I think we will see a swing back to the Brawns, the warm weather at Hungary is going to help the Brawns Tyre Temp issues and I think The Red Bulls are going to start getting those graining problems. It’s interesting that the two main teams this year have very different philosophies in terms of design, it may come down to track conditions rather than teams or drivers!!!!

• Bookgrub said on 15th July 2009, 1:09

The twist in the story, of course, is that every development part put on the car affects the way it uses the tyres.

There’s been a lot of development going on between the last ‘hot’ race at Istanbul to the next at Budapest. It will have been 6 weeks worth of work going on the cars there.

While fundamentally some aspects of car behaviour won’t change, I wouldn’t be suprised to see tyre situation being very different at Hungary.

4. Jabouille said on 13th July 2009, 13:51

Still no points for Piquet and Nakajima. Tsk, tsk tsk

5. Maciek said on 13th July 2009, 17:59

Aye caramba! Kubica classified behind Bourdais – that’s it, I’m drowning my sorrows in a quart of vodka.

6. My prediction for the championships – Driver’s championship to Button. Constructor’s title – Red Bull. Read more.