F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship gets even closer after round seven

Only graham228221 predicted the podium correctly at the German round

Only graham228221 predicted the podium correctly at the German round

Just like Jenson Button, Dougie faces a reduced lead in the F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship. Saloolas has cut his advantage to just five points.

Here’s the standings in full:

The prizes

First place prize

• An original F1 painting by Rob Ijbema
  • Five F1 DVDs from Duke Video: “Formula One 1970: The uncrowned champion”, “Formula Villeneuve: A tribute to Gilles Villeneuve”, “The World’s Greatest F1 Cars”, “Champion: Hill” and “Nine Days in Summer”
  • ??60 to spend on F1 merchandise at Onpole.com

3x Runners-up prizes

• Copies of “Lotus Goes Turbo” DVDs from Duke Video
  • ??30 to spend on F1 merchandise at Onpole.com

No-one predicted the pole sitter and podium correctly at the Nurburgring. This time the highest scorer was graham228221 – the only person to correctly name the podium as Mark Webber, Sebastian Vettel and Felipe Massa.

He was one of 25 people who correctly predicted Mark Webber’s maiden victory. The less said about my prediction (a Vettel win from pole with the Brawns filling the rest of the podium) the better.

It was a pot-boiler of a result for the championship as leader Dougie sees his advantage trimmed by Saloolas. Also moving up is the ever-consistent Dank, who has climbed steadily from 78th after the Spanish round to equal third with Benno and Sush.

Graham228221’s cunning prediction sees him climb 83 places to hold equal 40th. Here’s the standings in full:

25 comments on F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship gets even closer after round seven

1. Romain from Grenoble said on 14th July 2009, 23:27

Thanks for this championship Keith, I love it. I have to work on my DNFs, they cost me dearly. Congrats to all the predictors.

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 15th July 2009, 0:12

You’re welcome! I need to find a less time-intensive way of running it next year though. And more prizes :-)

• Damon said on 15th July 2009, 10:29

Thanks for doing the effort, Keith :-)

Ha! Now I’m only 3 places behind you!
        I’m in your quadraple difuser. Are you scared already?!

2. Wanon said on 15th July 2009, 0:04

I just wish I jumped on sooner! I’ve only played three rounds and am on 60 points!

Damn Massa this time, he’s the only one I got wrong this week!

3. Just 10 points in my first prediction, but I’ll surely get it right on the next round!

Awesome game Keith. Congrats.

4. wasiF1 said on 15th July 2009, 1:32

Once I was 3rd today 11th.Day by day I am going down.
    What will happen at the end of the season is anybody’s guess.

5. Sush Meerkat said on 15th July 2009, 6:26

I didn’t realise I’d do quite so well on this, I should have taken it a bit more seriously to start with instead of putting Sutil on the podium every other race.

Now i’m playing the numbers game.

6. PJA said on 15th July 2009, 9:29

Although I got the first two places right I was also going to say Webber for pole as well but decided to chang it to Vettel before I clicked submit, Doh! Oh well I am still in the top ten for now.

7. Nirupam said on 15th July 2009, 9:47

Damn my office laptops! :( Not being able to open any social networking sites! They have blocked all! :(

• Damon said on 15th July 2009, 10:37

You scored 10 points, your total is 110 points, and you’re 31st in the overall standings.
      Visually, you’re around the 3/4 mark of the first page (looking from the top).

8. Nirupam said on 15th July 2009, 10:32

I may be a moron, but Can anyone tell me how to see the results in full?

9. Lee said on 15th July 2009, 11:58

I’m quite happy to be on page 2 after 3 or 4 times lol

10. @Keith: Aren’t the mid season drivers’ review coming yet??

11. Andrew White said on 15th July 2009, 13:01

I didn’t get to predict this time because I was on holiday. I went from 26th to 40th :(

12. Whewbacca_the_Cookie said on 15th July 2009, 14:16

In this list I see Eddie Irvine (tied 182nd) as the epitome of consistency.

13. graham228221 said on 15th July 2009, 15:44

w00t! my cunning powers of prediction finally strike gold :D

I missed the first two points-scoring rounds, so to be 40th is not too shabby IMHO. Bring on the rest of the season!

14. EGC said on 15th July 2009, 16:49

Ahhhh….good Webbber, he gave me 35 points :-)
    I got him as pole and winner….just Button didn’t get the 3rd place…
    Nearly in the first page :-)

15. Raceaddict said on 15th July 2009, 19:25

Dougie is like Senna. Alas, I am more like Jean Alesi. lol.