Jenson Button’s 250mph Bugatti Veyron up for sale – a snip at ??899,995

The Bugatti Veyron Jenson Button is selling for almost ??900,000

Jenson Button’s taste in road cars reveals an appetite for machnes almost as quick as his Brawn BGP001: this is his 250mph Bugatti Veyron, up for sale on Auto Trader.

It has just 1,500 miles on the clock – and if you want to sample nought to 62mph in 2.5 seconds you’ll have to part with the best part of ??900,000 ($1.48m / ??1.04m).

Petrolheads are well-acquainted with the Veyron’s vitals, but here they are again for the record:

Engine: 8-litre W16 (not W12 as listed on the advert)
Power: 1,001bhp
Torque: 922lb/ft
Transmission: 7-speed DSG
0-62mph: 2.5 seconds
0-99mph: 5.5 seconds
Top speed: 253mph (408kph)

The Veyron’s top speed exceeds the maximum hit by an F1 car – 246mph (397kph) achieved by Honda at Bonneville in 2006.

Button’s is one of just 200 Veyrons that were built by Bugatti owners Volkswagen AG.

His garage is the stuff of dreams – he also owns a Mercedes C63 AMG, Mercedes CLK DTM AMG, Ferrari Enzo, Audi RS6 Avant and BMW M5.

He has previously owned a Ferrari F430 Spider, Ferrari 360, Ferrari 550 Maranello, Ford GT and Porsche Carrera GT.

Another F1 driver to sell a car on Auto Trader is Nelson Piquet Jnr, who sold his BMW X5 in June.

Find out what other road cars F1 drivers have: What cars do F1 drivers use on the road?

Jenson Button’s Bugatti Veyon pictures

73 comments on Jenson Button’s 250mph Bugatti Veyron up for sale – a snip at ??899,995

1. Michael said on 11th August 2009, 17:38

I want one!

2. Bargain, I will have 12 please! :|

Stunning car. Need to have a petrol tanker following you everywhere though! :)

3. mp4-19b said on 11th August 2009, 17:42

i will steal it!!

• Mussolini's Pet Cat said on 12th August 2009, 9:27

I know you think you’re being funny, but theft is no laughing matter.

• When you have an online name like yours, you’re not the best choice to give lessons. Theft is no laughing matter, but Mussolini is, obviously. Poor little man…

4. Lenny said on 11th August 2009, 17:48

How much would insurance be for me on that? Male, 17 provisional licence!:)

5. No doubt Jense is stepping up to the new roadster, allegedly as quick with the same handling (no cowl shake, please) and better acoustics from that unbelievable engine and quad turbos.

Maybe in my next life.

6. Giucampox said on 11th August 2009, 18:06

I did not like! Very dirty black

7. Sadly I only have street parking, which would ‘up’ the insurance a bit! Still tempting though.

Apparently a Mr Clarkson is interested…!

• Kherubim said on 12th August 2009, 3:17

A Mr. J. Clarkson? I would have thought that he would have to fight it out with a Mr. T. Stig…

8. StrFerrari4Ever said on 11th August 2009, 18:15

I didn’t know he had all those exotic machines I wonder why he sold the Porsche Carrera GT that car’s engine is SaWEEEEEEEEET! But I don’t know if i’m the only person who dislikes the Veyron because to me when all those fanboys say its faster than an F1 car you have to continue to state F1 cars a restricted to actually be driveable I mean sure it’s an engineering masterpiece but I don’t appreciate it for trying to challenge an F1 cars performance the head of the Veyron project should be hanged!:P

• Oliver said on 11th August 2009, 20:06

I believe supercars should be unique. Isn’t the Audi R8 based on the same concept? Plus the rear end reminds me of a passat. Sour grapes. :-)

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 11th August 2009, 20:16

On that point Str, I thought it was fascinating how close a McLaren F1 was to it in terms of performance simply in a straight-line drag race when they did it on Top Gear recently.

Show them both a couple of corners and the F1’s going to win, surely?

• StrFerrari4Ever said on 11th August 2009, 22:37

Yes in that drag race I was surprised how the Mclaren F1 was leading at first almost up to halfway then those 4 turbo’s kicked in and it was bye bye Mclaren to me F1 engines are more fascinating than the Veyron’s W16 fitting all those turbo’s and getting 1,001 HP i understand its restricted but you’d expect more where as an F1 engine 2.4ltr V8 normally aspirated 750HP thats more striking IMO.
        But the Veyron’s overall track performance is pretty poor many other supercars can whoop it’s ass through the corners especially that FXX that would embarass it.

• Mussolini's Pet Cat said on 12th August 2009, 9:29

Not bad for a car launched in 1988!

• beneboy said on 12th August 2009, 18:21

The McLaren F1 came out just before the new noise and exhaust emission regulations came out in Europe.

All cars that have been made this century (that still sounds weird !) are having to comply with much tougher regulations, the noise ones in particular mean that you can’t use exhaust tuning to the same extent as you used to be able to and this obviously has an impact on power output.

Top Gear did a piece about it when Clarkson was talking about why the Ferrari F40 is still the best supercar ever made.

Almost all supercars made last century would be illegal now if they were brand new models.

9. Jenson Button has always struck me as being one of the F1 drivers who is disinterested in cars (in contrast to Hamilton and Raikkonen etc).

It’s surprising to see he has a collection like this.

10. It’s just ridiculous how some people can live and how others have to struggle to pay for their daily needs like Oyster card :|.

Yes, I’m envious but I think we all are, especially after seeing other videos of how some 24 year olds live – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxjw2xyTiEg.

Just makes me sad…

• Mussolini's Pet Cat said on 12th August 2009, 9:31

Why so sad? just because you can’t afford it, does that mean it shouldnt be built?? Jealousy is so self defeating. Enjoy what you have and admire these wonderous cars!

11. Achilles said on 11th August 2009, 19:15

What! he wants so much for a second-hand car!!

• Ronman said on 11th August 2009, 19:42

LOL, i wonder how much he paid for it new…. people usually make money on these very limited cars.

12. Casino Square said on 11th August 2009, 19:44

I’ll give him £15 for it

13. Café said on 11th August 2009, 19:56

A car which makes 4km/litre is a bad idea nowadays. But this one…..4litre/km….come on…

14. craig said on 11th August 2009, 19:59

I hope Jenson has a Paypal account, I will email him to find out.

15. Robert McKay said on 11th August 2009, 20:08

How many readers have you got Keith?

900 people stump up a thousand quid each to co-own it and then you’ll get to drive it one day every two and a half years-ish!

16. Ok iv just offered them £120 im waiting for a reply :) im being serious..go on auto trader and ask for a better offer

17. Bowks said on 11th August 2009, 21:02

I’ll give him 10 of the finest british pounds sterling for it as I will need the rest to fill it up every trip.
    Oh and insure it. And then there is servicing, forgot about that. I bet the road tax is a bit steeper than normal too thanks to Gordon Brown.
    Oh well, maybe I need a new career in bank robbery.

18. Brawn said on 11th August 2009, 22:16

bet he wishes he drove for ferrari, think how much money he could have saved by getting those ferraris free! Brawn cant exactly give him a Brawn car to drive can they, I doubt he owns a Honda :P

• Kherubim said on 12th August 2009, 3:03

The Ferrari drivers don’t exactly get Ferraris either, I think Kimi and Felipe got Fiat 500 Abarths and Punto Abarths. Kimi’s family car is supposedly an Alfa Romeo of some sort…

• Didn’t Button own a Honda NSX the car Senna helped develop?

I remember a few years ago, it was either a feature on ITV during the F1 coverage or in a magazine where Anthony Davidson mentioned he had driven Button’s Honda NSX but that Button’s dad had been in it a few days before and had messed up the tracking or something.

19. Aardvark said on 11th August 2009, 22:28

No-one would ever spend £900k on a car. He’s done the smart thing knocking a fiver off the price.

20. StrFerrari4Ever said on 11th August 2009, 22:38

Haha good idea a Thousand quid from everyone too bad I’m only 13 so £1000 from me is like trying to make a cow lay an egg IMPOSSIBLE!