Jenson Button’s 250mph Bugatti Veyron up for sale – a snip at ??899,995

The Bugatti Veyron Jenson Button is selling for almost ??900,000

Jenson Button’s taste in road cars reveals an appetite for machnes almost as quick as his Brawn BGP001: this is his 250mph Bugatti Veyron, up for sale on Auto Trader.

It has just 1,500 miles on the clock – and if you want to sample nought to 62mph in 2.5 seconds you’ll have to part with the best part of ??900,000 ($1.48m / ??1.04m).

Petrolheads are well-acquainted with the Veyron’s vitals, but here they are again for the record:

Engine: 8-litre W16 (not W12 as listed on the advert)
Power: 1,001bhp
Torque: 922lb/ft
Transmission: 7-speed DSG
0-62mph: 2.5 seconds
0-99mph: 5.5 seconds
Top speed: 253mph (408kph)

The Veyron’s top speed exceeds the maximum hit by an F1 car – 246mph (397kph) achieved by Honda at Bonneville in 2006.

Button’s is one of just 200 Veyrons that were built by Bugatti owners Volkswagen AG.

His garage is the stuff of dreams – he also owns a Mercedes C63 AMG, Mercedes CLK DTM AMG, Ferrari Enzo, Audi RS6 Avant and BMW M5.

He has previously owned a Ferrari F430 Spider, Ferrari 360, Ferrari 550 Maranello, Ford GT and Porsche Carrera GT.

Another F1 driver to sell a car on Auto Trader is Nelson Piquet Jnr, who sold his BMW X5 in June.

Find out what other road cars F1 drivers have: What cars do F1 drivers use on the road?

Jenson Button’s Bugatti Veyon pictures

73 comments on Jenson Button’s 250mph Bugatti Veyron up for sale – a snip at ??899,995

1. R.E.M said on 11th August 2009, 23:37

Too bad there are few places where one could get the Veyron to 250MPH. Where did Captain Slow do that on that one episode of Top Gear?

2. Lenny said on 11th August 2009, 23:39

I’ve checked my bank balance and I’ve €110.78. He’ll need his euros for Valencia. That would do ya on a night out!

3. Stephen said on 12th August 2009, 4:46

I wonder what the highest that little needle has gone with Button behind the wheel…

4. Adrian said on 12th August 2009, 8:40

He’d better not let Ross (The Speeder) Brawn near it…

I’d like to make him an offer, but will have to wait and see if it’s still for sale when I’ve paid off my Ford Fiesta Zetec..!!

5. Kenny77 said on 12th August 2009, 9:21

First signs of bankruptcy… If you ask me.

• UnicornF1 said on 12th August 2009, 10:04

I don’t think so… he also had other super cars in the past, so he probably got bored of it (!!!) and wants to buy a new one!

• Adrian said on 12th August 2009, 11:40

Maybe his old mate Dave Richards has sorted him out with one of those Million Pound Aston Martins…

6. michael said on 12th August 2009, 10:28

I know this is a bit geeky, but my first reaction to this article was interest that the price is *only* 900 grand. A year ago I saw a veyron in the paper, and using my poshest phone voice, called to ask the dealer how much he wanted. He said £1.2m. Looks like the credit crunch has well and truly bitten the super rich who usually buy these things.

And yes, I know it’s second hand, but these rare supercars usually go up in value due to such a limited supply. cya m

• Adrian said on 12th August 2009, 11:37

Plus imagine how much extra he could add to the price if he does win the WDC this year..!!

Maybe he needs to make room for one of the new Mercedes Supercars that’s replacing the Mc-Merc SLR…

• UnicornF1 said on 12th August 2009, 11:39

The values goes up sometimes beacause of the previous owner!
      If Button would be the F1 world champion, then his car value would worth a bit more than before…
      So, if this is the case and you buy this Veyron now for 900k then you could sell it for more before the end of this year!!!
      Does anybody have 900k to borrow me? :-P

7. Peter said on 12th August 2009, 12:19

I’m guessing he sold his Carrera GT when he found out Webber had one :)

Not shore why anyone would sell a Carrera GT.

• StrFerrari4Ever said on 12th August 2009, 20:53

Exactly that car is a masterpiece Porsche did a great job however I feel as though they didn’t build it to its ultimate capabilities it should be faster In my opinion.

8. mattB said on 12th August 2009, 14:07

Bah, I don’t know what I’d do with another one. He’s only selling it because he can’t get any heat in the tyres..

9. F1Fan said on 12th August 2009, 14:09

Why is selling the Veyron ? Is there something on this car he quickly decided he doesn’t like ?

BTW, Nico Rosberg told me he drives an Audi.

10. Keith is the next FIA president! said on 13th August 2009, 10:59

Keith you got into F1 Live with this article!

11. al_amana said on 19th August 2009, 1:32

I’ve always wondered what the appeal is of this glorified Italian Audi Supercar is. I mean we had the Dodge a few years ago which was pretty, I mean very ugly but this thing takes the cake IMHO. On the other hand the latest list of the Top Ten Supercars has some genuine stunners and also dethrones the Butt-ugly, I mean Bugatti, as the fastest, at around a third of the price.

Here’s the link:

For what it’s worth. I would rather a SSC Ultimate Aero and Koenigsegg CCX and a SLK 55 AMG (to go shopping in etc) for the price of one Bugatti, and still have change for a 4WD and a boat!!

12. Jason said on 20th October 2009, 14:53

I may email and ask for a test drive first. Want to be sure I aint buying a dog!

13. The linkage of sounds and symbols occurs rap- idly and unconsciously. ,

14. Arnis said on 27th October 2009, 9:30

Hey!!
    I will buy it for 100Ls (it’s about £100 :) ), then I’ll sell it for about £450000 and all the money I’ll give for charity in my country… Latvia… ;)
    Let’s make a deal???

Let me know… ;)
    arnis.novickis@gmail.com

15. I would love a bagatti i wish one day it could be £1.00 but i will jackit before u know.
    lol lol lol lol ha ha ha

16. After reading you site, Your site is very useful for me .I bookmarked your site!My Home free battery

17. Hey extremely decent webpage!!

18. bep said on 19th July 2010, 17:00

OMFG i got home today to see that my dad has got a bugatti veyron in blue i cryed i was so happy it is so good if u have the money then get it :) :P :D