Jenson Button’s 250mph Bugatti Veyron up for sale – a snip at ??899,995

The Bugatti Veyron Jenson Button is selling for almost ??900,000

Jenson Button’s taste in road cars reveals an appetite for machnes almost as quick as his Brawn BGP001: this is his 250mph Bugatti Veyron, up for sale on Auto Trader.

It has just 1,500 miles on the clock – and if you want to sample nought to 62mph in 2.5 seconds you’ll have to part with the best part of ??900,000 ($1.48m / ??1.04m).

Petrolheads are well-acquainted with the Veyron’s vitals, but here they are again for the record:

Engine: 8-litre W16 (not W12 as listed on the advert)
Power: 1,001bhp
Torque: 922lb/ft
Transmission: 7-speed DSG
0-62mph: 2.5 seconds
0-99mph: 5.5 seconds
Top speed: 253mph (408kph)

The Veyron’s top speed exceeds the maximum hit by an F1 car – 246mph (397kph) achieved by Honda at Bonneville in 2006.

Button’s is one of just 200 Veyrons that were built by Bugatti owners Volkswagen AG.

His garage is the stuff of dreams – he also owns a Mercedes C63 AMG, Mercedes CLK DTM AMG, Ferrari Enzo, Audi RS6 Avant and BMW M5.

He has previously owned a Ferrari F430 Spider, Ferrari 360, Ferrari 550 Maranello, Ford GT and Porsche Carrera GT.

Another F1 driver to sell a car on Auto Trader is Nelson Piquet Jnr, who sold his BMW X5 in June.

Find out what other road cars F1 drivers have: What cars do F1 drivers use on the road?

Jenson Button’s Bugatti Veyon pictures

73 comments on Jenson Button’s 250mph Bugatti Veyron up for sale – a snip at ??899,995

1. Ok iv just offered them £120 im waiting for a reply :) im being serious..go on auto trader and ask for a better offer

2. Bowks said on 11th August 2009, 21:02

I’ll give him 10 of the finest british pounds sterling for it as I will need the rest to fill it up every trip.
    Oh and insure it. And then there is servicing, forgot about that. I bet the road tax is a bit steeper than normal too thanks to Gordon Brown.
    Oh well, maybe I need a new career in bank robbery.

3. Brawn said on 11th August 2009, 22:16

bet he wishes he drove for ferrari, think how much money he could have saved by getting those ferraris free! Brawn cant exactly give him a Brawn car to drive can they, I doubt he owns a Honda :P

• Kherubim said on 12th August 2009, 3:03

The Ferrari drivers don’t exactly get Ferraris either, I think Kimi and Felipe got Fiat 500 Abarths and Punto Abarths. Kimi’s family car is supposedly an Alfa Romeo of some sort…

• Didn’t Button own a Honda NSX the car Senna helped develop?

I remember a few years ago, it was either a feature on ITV during the F1 coverage or in a magazine where Anthony Davidson mentioned he had driven Button’s Honda NSX but that Button’s dad had been in it a few days before and had messed up the tracking or something.

4. Aardvark said on 11th August 2009, 22:28

No-one would ever spend £900k on a car. He’s done the smart thing knocking a fiver off the price.

5. StrFerrari4Ever said on 11th August 2009, 22:38

Haha good idea a Thousand quid from everyone too bad I’m only 13 so £1000 from me is like trying to make a cow lay an egg IMPOSSIBLE!

6. R.E.M said on 11th August 2009, 23:37

Too bad there are few places where one could get the Veyron to 250MPH. Where did Captain Slow do that on that one episode of Top Gear?

7. Lenny said on 11th August 2009, 23:39

I’ve checked my bank balance and I’ve €110.78. He’ll need his euros for Valencia. That would do ya on a night out!

8. Stephen said on 12th August 2009, 4:46

I wonder what the highest that little needle has gone with Button behind the wheel…

9. Adrian said on 12th August 2009, 8:40

He’d better not let Ross (The Speeder) Brawn near it…

I’d like to make him an offer, but will have to wait and see if it’s still for sale when I’ve paid off my Ford Fiesta Zetec..!!

10. Kenny77 said on 12th August 2009, 9:21

First signs of bankruptcy… If you ask me.

• UnicornF1 said on 12th August 2009, 10:04

I don’t think so… he also had other super cars in the past, so he probably got bored of it (!!!) and wants to buy a new one!

• Adrian said on 12th August 2009, 11:40

Maybe his old mate Dave Richards has sorted him out with one of those Million Pound Aston Martins…

11. michael said on 12th August 2009, 10:28

I know this is a bit geeky, but my first reaction to this article was interest that the price is *only* 900 grand. A year ago I saw a veyron in the paper, and using my poshest phone voice, called to ask the dealer how much he wanted. He said £1.2m. Looks like the credit crunch has well and truly bitten the super rich who usually buy these things.

And yes, I know it’s second hand, but these rare supercars usually go up in value due to such a limited supply. cya m

• Adrian said on 12th August 2009, 11:37

Plus imagine how much extra he could add to the price if he does win the WDC this year..!!

Maybe he needs to make room for one of the new Mercedes Supercars that’s replacing the Mc-Merc SLR…

• UnicornF1 said on 12th August 2009, 11:39

The values goes up sometimes beacause of the previous owner!
      If Button would be the F1 world champion, then his car value would worth a bit more than before…
      So, if this is the case and you buy this Veyron now for 900k then you could sell it for more before the end of this year!!!
      Does anybody have 900k to borrow me? :-P

12. Peter said on 12th August 2009, 12:19

I’m guessing he sold his Carrera GT when he found out Webber had one :)

Not shore why anyone would sell a Carrera GT.

• StrFerrari4Ever said on 12th August 2009, 20:53

Exactly that car is a masterpiece Porsche did a great job however I feel as though they didn’t build it to its ultimate capabilities it should be faster In my opinion.

13. mattB said on 12th August 2009, 14:07

Bah, I don’t know what I’d do with another one. He’s only selling it because he can’t get any heat in the tyres..

14. F1Fan said on 12th August 2009, 14:09

Why is selling the Veyron ? Is there something on this car he quickly decided he doesn’t like ?

BTW, Nico Rosberg told me he drives an Audi.

15. Keith is the next FIA president! said on 13th August 2009, 10:59

Keith you got into F1 Live with this article!