Have you spotted an F1 lookalike?

Kimi Raikkonen and Phil Coke

Kimi Raikkonen and Phil Coke

F1 Fanatic guest writer Gerard Hetman met baseball player Phil Coke recently – and was struck by how much he looked like Kimi Raikkonen. Which got him thinking about F1 lookalikes…

Last year I paid a visit to the Yankee Stadium while clad in McLaren gear to conduct some impromptu market research on how well-known F1 is in America.

Recently I visited the Yankees brand new stadium and, by sheer luck, spotted their player Phil Coke – who bears a striking resemblance to F1 pilot Kimi Raikkonen.

At six feet and one inch tall (1.85m) and 210 pounds (95kg), Coke stands a bit taller than Raikkonen, but he?s a near-double for him from certain angles.

The relief pitcher was autographing baseballs, caps, and other memorabilia. A native of Sonora, California, Coke has been enjoying steady success with the New York Yankees since his debut with the club in September of 2008.

Phil Coke

Phil Coke

As Coke signed my game ticket, I yelled over the many voices nearby to ask if anyone had told Coke of his resemblance to Raikkonen. I was quite surprised to hear that he hadn?t, but if he continues to pitch well in America?s biggest media market while playing for one of the sport?s most famous team, the comparisons may soon become commonplace.

To his credit, Coke appeared to sign something for nearly ever fan at the fence, and no doubt brought a smile to many faces, despite the Yankees suffering a 6-4 loss to the Oakland Athletics later in the day.

Can name any other F1 lookalikes? Do you look like an F1 driver or personality? Post links to images below or upload pictures to the F1 Fanatic drop.io.

Read more: Being Kimi Raikkonen

141 comments on Have you spotted an F1 lookalike?

1 2 3 5
  1. Ronman said on 14th August 2009, 7:59

humm i don’t know what to think about that…. i can’t see the resemblance with those two… however i think Mark Webber and the actor Eric Bana look a lot alike (different weight and height) and they are both Australian…. what do you think?

2. WelshChris said on 14th August 2009, 8:04

Don’t know about famous F1 lookalikes but in my local pub in the last few weeks my F1-mad wife and I have spotted Vettel and…. Bernie!

3. Max should resign now!!! said on 14th August 2009, 8:21

I can’t see the resemblance to be honest.

4. Jonesracing82 said on 14th August 2009, 8:32

i recall seeing a similar in “F1 racing” years ago, it had DC as buzz lighyear and Eddie Irvine – Aiden Quinn to name but a few

5. samindenver said on 14th August 2009, 8:34

Kimi Raikkonen and Phil Coke

I can’t seem to see the resemblance either, sorry.

6. Katy said on 14th August 2009, 8:37

I think my boyfriend looks like Vettel, quite a few people have mentioned it too. Lucky me :)

7. Hakka said on 14th August 2009, 8:40

Oh come on, this is a non-article. First there’s no resemblance, second this is just plain silly and should at least be in the “Articles in Brief” section, shouldn’t even be on the front page. Belongs in the forum at best, maybe not even that.

8. Untitled258 said on 14th August 2009, 8:49

Mario Theissen has looks like Super Mario :D

• Alastair said on 14th August 2009, 9:29

No Ways, Mario Theissen is Ned Flanders!

There is a guy on my commute who looks EXACTLY like Michael Schumacher, I mean exactly. It’s eery.

• yeang said on 14th August 2009, 10:24

haha maybe it IS him!

i remember seeing in F1 racing magazine a few years ago (they had this f1 look-alike feature) how michael schumacher and celine dion looked alike.

they also had this side-by-side picture in a different issue showing how fernando alonso’s helmet in 2005 resembled a thomas the tank engine beach ball – all the bright colours.

• IMO Theissen looks like Mr Potato from the Toy Story!

9. A classic:

Heinz-Harald Frentzen – David Duchovny

10. I’m not sure the picture shows it, but a friend of mine, Rob, has a passing resemblance to Vettel http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3533/3210502750_e5d4cdfcae_b.jpg

Another friend, Laura, reminds me of Rosberg, but don’t tell her that. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2329/2478656603_034079384e_b.jpg

• Super Aguri said on 14th August 2009, 14:00

Jake you are the saving grace of what otherwise might have been a non-article.. Too many of those these days on this website

On reading the title I had expected something on Neil Davis the Hamilton lookalike

• StrFerrari4Ever said on 14th August 2009, 16:30

Man that food looks tempting but can’t have it since I’m doing my training to start competetive karting soon hopefully.

• Maksutov said on 14th August 2009, 17:47

Another friend, Laura, reminds me of Rosberg, but don’t tell her that.

lol

• 1994fanatic said on 15th August 2009, 3:34

your friend laura’s a handsome woman. my bad i’m a bad person, my karma’s not so good, maybe i should keep my mouth shut

11. If you squint a bit, England bowler Stuart Broad looks a little like Nico Rosberg.

12. Journeyer said on 14th August 2009, 9:30

My personal favorite: French president Nicolas Sarkozy and French ex-F1 ace Jean Alesi. Separated at birth, I say!

13. Bernie’s a regular to a pub in Knightsbridge (where he lives and I work near) – I’ve seen him a couple of times. Last year I even saw him there in a heated debate with Flavio over lunch. As I walked past Flav mentioned Alonso whilst waving his arms aronud exageratedly and Bernie even caught my eye in a ‘$%^* off and stop staring at us…’. I didn’t stop talking about it for weeks!

14. I don’t really see the similarity between Kimi Raikkonen and Phil Coke – ok maybe the hat ;)
    In my opinion, Jaime Alguersuari looks a little bit similar to actor Chris Pine