F1 2009 game exclusive video: first footage of Singapore Grand Prix track

Here’s a new video of Codemasters official Formula 1 game “F1 2009″, which goes on sale for Nintendo Wii next month.

Among the new features in the game is the first appearance of the Singapore Grand Prix circuit in an officially licensed F1 product – as shown in this video.

Have game makers Codemasters done a good job of rendering the new circuit?

Are you going to buy F1 2009, or are you waiting for next year’s version for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360? Have your say in the comments.

F1 2009 by Codemasters

96 comments on F1 2009 game exclusive video: first footage of Singapore Grand Prix track

1. Net Sticks said on 24th September 2009, 18:25

Make the than game for PC… the hardcore fans don’t even touch a console… with high grade graphic boards, dual/quad core processors, why not making a PC version? Don’t want to make more money ?!?! Because that was a games a whould buy for sure!

2. MtlRacer said on 24th September 2009, 18:50

I think the F1 games I used to play on the ORIGINAL Playstation looked about the same.
    Also, most games never look as good as their promo-video, so I’m really afraid at how awful this will actually be.

3. F1CE on PS3 is realy good. it will hard for codemasters to better graphics wise even 3 years later

4. I’ll wait for the proper sim on the PC/Xbox 360/PS3.

In the meantime, I’ll continue playing Grand Prix 4 and Grand Prix Legends.

5. mp4-19b said on 24th September 2009, 20:09

ING is leaving Renault with immediate effect, so is Mutua Madrilena.

6. Cheevers said on 24th September 2009, 20:31

I agree with everything that’s been said so far. My guess is that even though the physics look like a joke, they had to push the Wii’s processing power to get even a decent result. As such, they had to really tone down the graphics to allow the processor to handle the physics and the large volume of cars.

I have a Wii and PS3, so I will probably wait for the PS3 release with (hopefully) better physics and HD graphics. Having said that, if I only had a Wii, I would grab this title in a second. Mostly because there are NO racers on the Wii that are worth anyone’s time, with the exception of MarioKart which is a much different style of racer than F1 2009. I love racing games so before I got a PS3 I tried about every racing game I could find on the Wii and most of them I couldn’t even get through a single lap without dismissing it as a waste of time.

So if this game is even half as fun as the video makes it look, regardless of graphics or physics, it should be the best racer on Wii hands down.

• F1Yankee said on 25th September 2009, 0:45

the best racer on Wii hands down.

isn’t that like saying it’s the winner of a beauty pageant, in a men’s prison?

7. The graphics just reminded me of how terrible the 2009 cars look.

I haven’t had the opportunity to try a good F1 game though. I like MotoGP URT 3 most though. Its “Legend” difficulty is seriously good.

8. Well let’s just say I won’t be squandering beer tokens on a Wii just yet (there’s a ribald reposte in there somewhere!).

Hope the PS3 version is somewhat more palatable, until then I will continue to torment my better half with F1CE. C’est la vie.

9. Mike "the bike" Schumacher said on 24th September 2009, 23:22

Why the hell has there been no 07 08 games?

• Cheevers said on 25th September 2009, 17:48

I feel like I remember hearing that the license changed hands so it took the new company a few years to develop a worthwhile game.

But I could be totally wrong.

Hopefully codemasters has the contract for awhile now so they can continue to tweak and enhance the game each year to not only reflect new teams and drivers, but also take customer feedback to better the game. F1CE was loads of fun but if they improved on it year after year then by now we’d probably have a pretty amazing F1 game.

Ahhhhh, speculation.

10. geez, this looks worse than the PS2 games from years ago.

11. F1Yankee said on 25th September 2009, 0:53

OUCH!!!

this seems to be several steps back in quality from what i’ve become used to in my video games. since, i dunno, the mid-90′s.

does this represent the best codemasters can do, or the best the wii can do?

12. Alex Bkk said on 25th September 2009, 6:08

OH my! The Ing logo is on the Renault….

• Dave F. said on 25th September 2009, 17:12

Quick, quick render a BIG Renault sticker for it.

Have you noticed the ING labels are still on everyone’s shirts. I reckon tomorrow they’ll have sewn patches over them!

13. Releasing this on WII first is just a way to get mindless consumers to buy the “Steering Wheel Control thingy-bob” for WII. Nintendo greed is depriving us of a decent F1 game. They should have taken a bit more time, done it properly and released F1 2010 on PS3 and Xbox 360 in time for the start of the 2010 season. Don’t they know that the rubbish Wii versions of games are released AFTER the Xbox and PS3 versions!

I have been dying for a good F1 game for Xbox or PS3 for years, and then they go and release this rubbish on Wii. If they release this on Xbox I won’t be buying it until I have concrete proof that it can hold a candle to the likes of Forza 3 and GT 5.

• Cheevers said on 25th September 2009, 17:54

They are releasing F1 2010 on PS3 and Xbox 360. They no doubt pushed the wii release due to it’s massive install base, but I can also see that developing an HD game with proper physics would take longer than a quick wii version. This is how I see it:
      1. Get F1 License.
      2. Start development of F109 for Wii, at the same time as F1 2010 for 360/PS3.
      3. Finish Wii game. Use profits to continue funding development of F1 2010, their “real” entry into F1 games.

This gives them extra time to make sure that F1 2010 lives up to fans expectations and is truly the best they can do.

Once again I am speculating. Wishful thinking I guess, because if F1 2010 finally comes out and is rubbish than I, along with everyone else, will be sorely disappointed.

14. A place I found has lots of great info on herbal teas and was really helpful. Its hard to find a good place with good information