Rate the race: Singapore Grand Prix

What did you think of the Singapore Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below.

Rate the 2009 Singapore Grand Prix out of ten

• 10 - Perfect (3%)

Total Voters: 2,753

Loading ... Loading ...

See more results of F1 Fanatic polls: F1 Fanatic polls archive

160 comments on Rate the race: Singapore Grand Prix

1. mp4-19b said on 27th September 2009, 16:09

Just heard Martin Whitmarsh’s interview on bbc forum, he was very much unsatisfied with kovi’s performance & was later asked on kimi’s move, his answer was:

“We at McLaren want the best 2 drivers in f1″

That says a lot, doesn’t it?

2. William Wilgus said on 27th September 2009, 16:15

Another street circuit with almost no places to pass and with the barriers so close, passing anywhere is a very risky prospect. Boting, boring, boring! (Did I mention boring?)

3. @mp4-19b: Yes, it certainly does…

4. steph90 said on 27th September 2009, 16:19

TommyB I’m hoping that the teams can take information from this season and we see a much better team order. I agree completely with you that this season has been dreadful. The good drivers in poor cars, esp at the beginning of the season and then to make things worse this championship doesn’t even come down to racing, it is all strategy and reliability. There is no joy in that.

• Couldn’t agree more Steph. I appreciate the strategic and technical aspects of F1 as much as the next person BUT there has to be some actual racing on the track. Todays race was awful and the season as a whole has been a real yawner.

5. LC Coelho said on 27th September 2009, 16:20

every sunday i ask myself why do i still wake up early to watch a procession….
    it’s getting every time more boring, no one can really race and overtake.

• mp4-19b said on 27th September 2009, 16:33

I ruin my entire fortnight dreaming of exciting races & finally end up watching this!! Even though a mclaren won, I rated this as the worst race since 2008 Valencia.

• mp4..dude you have said that like 27 times already, you have more than made your point. even if other disagree with you..it’s not a chance to voice the same rhetoric again!

Street tracks as well as some established circuits are dull, by nature. The race was interesting…to some.
        Ok.

6. steph90 said on 27th September 2009, 16:20

Mp4, yeah I’m watching it too now, I’d put a very large bet on Kimi to mclaren next season. You must be happy at that :)

7. Oh God, then Hamilton really will start believing he’s Senna.

I think Iceman will have the beating of Hamilton.

8. HounslowBusGarage said on 27th September 2009, 16:44

I didn’t bother watching the race. I went to the beach instead. Very warm here on the South Coast, unbroken sunshine and no breeze.
    Having read the report and the comments, I’m very glad I made that choice. Would have wasted two hours, otherwise. Don’t think I’ll bother with the highlights either.

• mp4-19b said on 27th September 2009, 16:51

That’s sad :( I’ve would have probably done the same if I were in a coastal area. Honestly, hanging out at F1Fanatic is lot more cooler that watching these races nowadays :)

• And it would a lot cooler, if it wasn’t for your constant blathering.

• lol…and he has been a F1 fan since LH been in the sport.

On a completely different subject why don’t Ferrari use 27 & 28 any more?
          Does the fia force the teams to use the numbers handed to them?

• Harv's said on 28th September 2009, 2:30

dailymail.uk have reported that the kimi’s mclaren contract is has been completed and all that remains is sorting out the loose ends with ferrari.

9. It was beginning to look a Time trial. It was quite difficult to watch without feeling a little bored.

• HounslowBusGarage said on 27th September 2009, 21:52

Rudram! Now there’s an idea.
      They do it in motor bike racing and in cycle racing. Plus of ourse, every rally event is a . . . Time Trial.
      What about an F1 Time Trial?
      Everyone practices and qualifies as normal, but next they set off at one minute intervals for a duration of, what sixty minutes, forty laps or something in the reverse order of qualifying.
      Probably Grosjean to start and Vettel or Hamilton to finish, and the result is always in doubt until the last driver crosses the finish line.
      I think it could be very good fun for one or two events each season.

10. Nirupam said on 27th September 2009, 16:51

At least this race (Sutil, to be specific) gave us the opportunity to get rid of the Heidfield record! :P

11. Grand Prix Racing. What racing. This season has been about politics and that only. No racing, no close championship, no overtaking. This needs sorting out.

12. The race, for me was just good enough to stop me changing the channel. I rated it 7. The laps need to be cut down to about 52 or 53 I think.

13. steph90 said on 27th September 2009, 16:59

This is rubbish season, I want proper racing and proper racing drivers in the right cars. Bar out qualified But again and ended up behind him.
    This had not been the emergence of strong new talent and new contenders, just the other teams failing imho Tommyb.
    And Mp4 I hope it isn’t 1988 I want Ferrari back! 2007 again I’ll be happyn with as long as the teams don’t implode and no scandals.
    HounslowBusGarage I hope you enjoyed the beach, it’s freezing here :P

• Kershan said on 28th September 2009, 8:35

One minute people are complaining about lack of overtaking, the next they’re complaining because someone finished ahead of someone they qualified behind! (I am being a little tongue in cheek, btw … I know it wasn’t a proper overtake.)

14. Patrickl said on 27th September 2009, 17:09

I kinda like the race. Gave it a 6.

I’d say it had some action during the whole race. First it was Hamilton and Rosberg chasing. Then the first pitstops. Vettel chasing Hamilton in his much lighter car. Penalties for stupidities for both Rosber and Vettel. At the end there was Vettel with his slightly damaged car being chased by Button. Always the threat of safety cars.

Granted there wasn’t much overtaking to speak of, but still I didn’t feel bored.

It was probably one of the longest races of the season though. maybe it was too long for some of the younger viewers? :)

15. Tiomkin said on 27th September 2009, 17:09

The 2009 season started of great. Who would have thought the grid would be turned up-side-down? We were all shocked to see Button and the new Brawn team win against the old guard. If just got a bit samey will Brawn winning (I didn’t mind it) all the time. I looks like there is no pleasing most people. To me that is what racing is about, the unknown, the new. Not the same old prancing horse and silver arrows dominating.

Thought this race was tedious in most parts. I always like HAM in the top spot.