Two points in it with two to go: It’s Ferrari vs McLaren… for third place

McLaren and Ferrari have rarely featured at the front this year

McLaren and Ferrari have rarely featured at the front this year

It’s the two titans of the sport: Ferrari and McLaren, who between them have won 374 Grands Prix and 24 constructors’ championships.

But not this year. The 2009 constructors’ championship trophy is not destined for Maranello or Woking. The two teams are fighting as hard as ever – but this time it’s for third place.

Although both are clearly having poor years by their lofty standards, the two are have had very different kinds of downfalls.

Ferrari have been generally off the pace, though not drastically so, wherever they’ve been. For McLaren in the first half of the season, aerodynamically critical tracks like Silverstone were a disaster area.

Lewis Hamilton has has brought a mixture of inspiration and desperation to the situation. He ran away with the wins at Hungary and Singapore, and wrung everything there was to get out of the MP4/24 at Suzuka – still the kind of track the car is weak at.

But the same never-say-die attitude cost him a podium finish on the final lap at Monza – and the less said about Melbourne the better.

For Ferrari the season has been more even – with, of course, the notable exception of the disaster that befell Felipe Massa. Happily, as his test yesterday proved, he is well on the way to recovery.

The upshot of this has been the number three F60 hasn’t brought home a point since the Nurburgring. Without Massa’s injury, Ferrari would probably be home and dry in third place already.

Kimi Raikkonen has done a commendable job, racking up a string of podiums in Massa’s absence to single-handedly keep the team in the hunt.

The constructors’ championship may not command the same kind of attention the drivers’ title does, but there is pride at stake here, it’s the fight to be top KERS team, and there’s a considerable difference in prize money. So, which team will prevail?

Ferrari may be ahead but McLaren seem to have form on their side. This weekend’s race should suit their car well and Abu Dhabi looks like it could be much the same.

For Ferrari it is imperative that Giancarlo Fisichella is able to start picking up points as well as Raikkonen. But unless something goes wrong at McLaren it could be too little too late.

Toyota could pip both to third place. But as the Japanese team now faces an injury dilemma of its own and has had to put rookie Kamui Kobayashi in Timo Glock’s car, making their chances that bit slimmer.

Which team do you think will finish ahead? Or is third place in the constructors’ championship just too low to care about?

Constructors' championship third place battle

Constructors' championship third place battle

115 comments on Two points in it with two to go: It’s Ferrari vs McLaren… for third place

1 2 3
  1. Paige Michael-Shetley said on 13th October 2009, 7:27

Ferrari are like a time trial specialist leading in the early stages of the Tour de France just before the mountain stages start. Their best is behind them, and their demise is only a chronological matter.

McLaren clearly have the better car right now, and they’re coming on two circuits that seem to suit the car perfectly.

• mp4-19b said on 13th October 2009, 11:52

Yes! Mclaren clearly have the faster car & I also see them have the best car for next year. Ferrari have committed the most henious blunder by stopping development mid-way. They’ll have to face the repercussions next year, when they will play catch up against mclaren. Especially with the loss of brilliant brains,restricted testing & two hot headed Latinos, Ferrari are in for a long season next year.

All the best to their beloved Tifosi :P

• dominic said on 13th October 2009, 12:18

just hope they save ur insightful predictions mp4 am assuming they were the same last year and will resurface every year therafter..

• Pariscy said on 13th October 2009, 16:48

Unfortunately I have to agree with both of you that McLaren has the better car at this point, but you have to remember that the cars are not on auto pilot; and Kimi is light years a better driver than your Lewis guy.
          I’m hoping that the driver will play a bigger role than the car in these last 2 races and then my Kimi will definitely prevail over your Lewis boy. Yes, it may be partly wishful thinking.
          I also agree that Ferrari in 2010 will suffer the effects of ALL their f*** ups of this year, namely, early end to development of the F60, 2010 drivers blunder (both the ones they got for 2010), etc, etc. The only one I feel sorry for is poor Giancarlo, but at least he has fulfilled a lifetime dream.

• Paige Michael-Shetley said on 14th October 2009, 8:35

Kimi is “light years” better than Hamilton? I’m sorry, but I think this is a tremendous stretch.

You can certainly argue that he’s a better driver, and that’s very much a legitimate argument. But it’s pretty illegitimate to argue that he’s “light years” better.

• The point of Ferrari stopping development on this years car is to focus energy and resources on next years car, it’s not a blunder. For example Brawn successfully sacrificed the development of the ’08 (Honda) car to focus on their challenger for ’09.

Also I wouldn’t describe Massa as being especially hot headed, I think your just playing to a racial stereotype.

• mp4-19b said on 13th October 2009, 17:53

But in case of Brawn/Honda the rules changes from 2008 to 2009 meant that the design 7 manufacture of the new car would be radically different. the rule changes were “revolutionary”. But the 2010 cars are going to be an “evolution” of the 2009 cars. So developing the 2009 cars would have paid dividends for Ferrari. We have seen as demonstrated by mclaren & force india to an extent, that methodical, step-by-step method is the only way to make a car competitive. Long gone are the days of Colin Chapman & Gordon Murray, who would produce an overnight winning formula. Modern day F1 teams can only be sucessful if they stick on to continuous development plan. And I think Ferrari have missed a trick here. Anyway we’ll know their fate this winter.

And Ferrari fans can cast away this idea that Alonso is worth 0.6sec & stuff. Its rubbish.

• Considering the way in which Ferrari designed and developed their title winning cars ’00-’05 don’t you think they already know that “trick”. I think your assuming too much about Ferrari, their current car and their plans for next year. Given the holistic nature of F1 car design I imagine it makes perfect sense. I’m not saying there approach will or won’t work I just trust that they know which path best suits their situation as I trust the same with McLaren.

Just an observation but you seem to have real bee up your ar$e about Alonso. I’m no particular fan of his but I can see he is a good driver, I’d consider him one of the top two or three (at the moment) in F1 including Hamilton, I don’t think there ever is an absolute number one.

• It is a definite blunder to stop development on their 2009 car. The 2010 spec car and 2009 spec car are so similar that the teams still working on their 2009 car will have to throw very little of their development work out. Further a lot of very valuable data can be gained through continuing to work on this years car. With the testing limits in place, wind tunnel usage limits, etc. in Formula 1 today, a team has to be mad not to take advantage of these final practice sessions and races to develop the car so that its ready to be competitive at the start of 2010. While Ferrari is still trying to work out the bugs on all of its new bits that would have been legal this year, its competitors will have already done that and can focus on improving their cars beyond that point. I think this inaction will come back to haunt Ferrari throughout 2010. Ferrari has the resources and know how to ultimately catch up, but due to the testing restrictions it will take them much longer to do so than it did in the 2000-2005 period you mentioned.

• I dont understand why you feel Ferrari have done a blunder by stopping development of the current car. To me it only shows their confidence on what they can deliver from what they have learnt.
        Probably you are the kind who keeps studying for the exams until the bell rings out to end the study period.

Having been in the sport for more than half a decade, they sure know what to do when.

2. Eric Westcott said on 13th October 2009, 7:47

I think the smart money is on Mclaren at the moment. Since they did away with the cut floor and developed their diffuser they have been pretty competitive. The car should do well at Interlagos seeing as it rode the bumps in Singapore so well. Lewis and Kimi are both racing well at the moment however I can’t help but feel this may be decided by the second drivers. I think the Kovalainen is a better chance to score some points. Judging by his past performances I doubt that Fisichella has the ability to score points he still seems to be struggling to get to grips with the F60 and getting through to Q2 in qualifying.

• mp4-19b said on 13th October 2009, 11:59

Kovi will be doing himself a great favour if he can manage to finish in the points. Or else this would be the second year in a row when mclaren would have ceded their advantage to Ferrari due to Kovi’s lacklusture =. but practically speaking, I don’t see either Kovi or Fisi finishing in the points. So it’ll all be down to the premium guys. Battle between mclaren technical advantage and Kimi’s talent.

I still think Kimi’s easily the better driver, but that mp4-24 is a shade better than that F60.

• Paige Michael-Shetley said on 14th October 2009, 8:39

I don’t think Kimi is at all “easily the better driver.” The better driver? Possibly, yes. But in my view, Lewis and Kimi are right there neck-and-neck.

3. Great article, Keith

You didn´t mention the drivers input on the battle, but I read two article suggesting that Ferrari have a slightly better car — more adaptable to all kinds of tracks — but what is making the difference is Lewis Hamilton:

[…] The McLaren tends to be competitive only on slow corners and if there are enough of them to allow it to get on to the straights faster than the others, then it can be competitive. It also has a driver of genius who can make up some of the car’s deficiencies.

Although Lewis Hamilton qualified second and finished third on the fast sweeps of Suzuka at the Japanese Grand Prix, his was actually only the sixth quickest car in the race. Essentially, he was where he was because he had out-performed the car in qualifying.
    So we have a picture of the Toyota being intrinsically the fastest car of the three but maybe a little sensitive, the Ferrari and McLaren lagging some way behind in ultimate performance potential but in that order, but with Hamilton making a bigger difference than the other drivers. […]

— Mark Hughes

Tony Dodgins, coincidently, have he same opinion:

It was a great effort by Lewis. As he said, S1 did not really play to the McLaren’s strengths – it was much quicker in the tighter S2 – and yet when it mattered, in qualifying, only four cars were quicker in S1 than Lewis. When you’re the reigning world champion and have already won 11 times, you might not get too excited about qualifying third and finishing there, but as is often the case, the great drives aren’t always the obvious ones. I reckon Lewis was right at the top of his game in Japan and you’ve got to feel sympathy for Heikki Kovalainen. It’s hard to prove your worth when Hamilton is the yardstick.

• LewisC said on 13th October 2009, 11:27

Interesting statistics there.
      And there are people who still say that Hamilton is not as good as certain other drivers (the Spanish one, for instance) at wringing the best out of an under-performing or badly set-up car.

Whilst Kimi is quick at Interlagos, I expect McLaren to take the 3rd place. The McLaren should be great around the tight infield section, get a good exit from Juncao and then light the Kers all the way up the hill.

• mp4-19b said on 13th October 2009, 11:44

(the Spanish one, for instance)

Superb comment!!

The Spanish one is bad and over-rated. He’ll sink the prancing horce & wriggle himself out. Oh! Yeah, not only is he worth 25m$$+ Kimi+mutua madrilina+Santander, but also worth 0.6 sec! LOL!! What a joke :P

Spanish driver-cum-engineer! I wonder if he went to some aeronautics college in spain, cuz “some” people think he better than most at “car” development.

+0.6sec

That is the key number! :P

• Random Chimp said on 13th October 2009, 12:30

Jeez, change the record…

• MP4-19B, you are the worst thing about F1Fanatic…

• mp4-19b said on 13th October 2009, 12:59

I know that truth is a bitter pill to swallow, especially for Teflonso fans.

Sad but true :P

• sputnik said on 13th October 2009, 13:20

I’m with the Chimp, and I’m a diehard Lewis & McLaren fan.

This isn’t the post for slagging off Alonso. Start another forum thread or something.

• mp4-19b said on 13th October 2009, 13:40

@ Sputnik

This has nothing to do with Lewis or Mclaren. Its just presentation of HARD COLD TRUE FACTS

When Teflonso went to macca, ill-informed fans from a particular nation were bragging Teflonso’s worth 0.6sec or something.

The mp4-24 was 2.5 sec off Brawn in Melbourne. by europe they had clawed back almost 2 sec & at singapore they were clearly 0.2sec faster than Brawn.

My only question is why do Teflonso fans fail to acknowledge the fact the lewis is as good at developing the car, if not better?

Going by stats, Teflonso’s only worth 0.6 sec.

Lewis is almost worth 2.0sec!! :P :P

Is that a fair argument??

Definitely NO!!!

But ill informed Teflonso fans never get it!! Do they??

• Maciek said on 14th October 2009, 10:09

Gotta say I’m with Chimp and the others – it’s absolutely insufferable, mp4-19b. Saying what you think is one thing, but bombarding every comment thread possible…. it’s just plain annnoying. And a little sad. Give everyone a break already, will ya? A while ago we had a pretty heart-felt opinion in one of the threads about the downward trend of the discussion at f1fanatic – you’re certainly not doing your part to turn that around.

• Patrickl said on 13th October 2009, 14:02

Why are you so aggressive towards Alonso?

I’m a fan of both Hamilton and Alonso (and Raikkonen too). More so of Hamilton, but still, I have often enjoyed Alonso’s driving too.

Hamilton (as a rookie) beat Alonso when they were both at McLaren, so the pecking order seems clear to me.

What do you care if other people aren’t sane enough to understand this?

• mp4-19b said on 13th October 2009, 14:07

Do you really think teflonso fans accept this fact?

• S Hughes said on 13th October 2009, 14:50

I understand where mp4-19b is coming from and I agree with him/her. I don’t like it when a number of forum members pick on one person because they feel passionately about something that they disagree with.

I think mp4-19b is just sick, as I am, of Alonso being quoted as the best driver in F1 all the time, when he was beaten by a ROOKIE in 2007. And no, the team weren’t all behind Hamilton so please don’t drag that spurious argument into it.

• Martin said on 13th October 2009, 16:14

As much as it pains me to agree with mp4, he is right on several points.
            He is passionate about mclaren and it can get tiresome, but no worse than all of the others slobbering over alonso.
            There seems to be only a few people that recognize that hamilton is equal if not better than alonso on almost every aspect of driving. and he proved it his rookie year.
            I am dissapointed that hamilton is resistant to mclaren brining kimi back, but understand it.
            I have said it in other topics that I believe as does mp4 that ferrari is in for a bad time with alonso.
            next year, will be a good year for mclaren if they keep mercedes power, as I believe that changing to bmw will be a big mistake. they have shown they can develope the car even without testing(if the fia thinks that it is reducing cost that way they are sadly mistaken) and the car will be very competitive. I am not as sure about ferrari. The real question is will Brawn and red bull be at the top next year or was this a major rule change year where everyone tried new things and brawn just got it right better first. Williams is the team that is the real question mark as they may come out with a newidea that really gets them back to the top. If that happens it will really upset the apple cart.

• S Hughes said on 13th October 2009, 14:44

Yes, Becken, I saw the Mark Hughes article, but not the Tony Dodgins one. It’s great that top motorsport journalists can see how great Lewis is, even if some of the less expert F1 fans are always criticising him on and off the track.

Thanks for the post.!

• You mean British motorsport journalists who are always so unbiased in their opinions of British drivers, yeah it’s great to see them telling the world how great a British driver is.

I´m from Brazil and I can read in Portuguese Spanish and Italian. So, I can assure you that the real F1 British press — and not the tabloids — is the best in this business.

Ask to Martin Burndle, Tony Dodgins or James Allen who is the best driver in the field and I´m sure that they will no answer “Lewis Hamilton” to you…

• Paige Michael-Shetley said on 14th October 2009, 8:49

I know Allen and Brundle have both said they think Alonso is the best.

The British press actually seem to slag off their drivers on occasion. They’ve been brutal to Button since Silverstone. They’ve given Hamilton his fair share of hard times, as well. They were really vicious, and very undeservedly so, to Damon Hill, who is the most criminally underrated driver in F1 history.

4. Steph90 said on 13th October 2009, 8:22

Sorry to lower the tone but …..c’mon Ferrari!!!:P
    Mclaren will be hard to beat with their car which has turned out pretty strong and Ferrari have the freeze. Both cars also seem to really only have one driver, hopefully Fisi can start scoring soon.

• mp4-19b said on 13th October 2009, 12:03

Its

Kimi’s talent versus mp4-24

• Steph90 said on 13th October 2009, 19:19

Kimi says he wants a podium and I have full belief in him

• u mean to say if anyone other driver drives MP4-24, he ll be able to beat(compete) with Kimi. Be rational and dont be sick.

• mp4-19b said on 14th October 2009, 11:46

You Indians never get it, do you? Never get “English” puns. No wonder DC was infuriated.
          All that I was trying to say was that the mp4-24 is, at the moment better than the F60. So it will take something special from Kimi to beat them. Why the hell do you want to drag Lewis into it? I never said anything bout him!!

Funniest part was an Indian telling off be rational :P LOL :P

But your confused brain seems to interpret things in strange ways :D

5. wasiF1 said on 13th October 2009, 8:32

I think Mclaren will be second

• mp4-19b said on 13th October 2009, 12:01

Provided Brawn or Red Bull are disqualified from the constructors championship.

Stranger things have happened in F1, So….

• Pariscy said on 13th October 2009, 17:17

mp4-19b

For the 1st time since I found this site, about mid-point this year, I agree with most of your comments. Exception is your liking of Lewis who I really don’t like. And so I make myself very clear, I dislike him since Canada when he crashed Kimi and cost him the Canada win and the 2008 driver’s championship.

Other than that, today you are OK with your comments, 95% of them

• mp4-19b said on 13th October 2009, 17:58

Exception is your liking of Lewis

I’ve never been a great Lewis fan myself. But you’ve gotta acknowledge the fact that this guys has loads of talent.

But I still feel that Kimi is slightly better than him. The only way to put an end to that debate is to pit them together next year at mclaren.

• Pariscy said on 14th October 2009, 7:31

There you go again with my 95% rule.

Kimi is slightly better than him

Kimi is light years better than Lewis.
            If Kimi does end up in Mclaren next year, the curse of not being able to fully support 1 team will continue for me. I was always a McLaren fun until Kimi left for Ferrari. I supported Kimi @ Ferrari as a driver (as I dislike Felipe “the cry baby” Masa) and McLaren as a team, until Lewis started his 2008 demolition derby stunts.

If Kimi ends up in Mclaren, again I will be behind Kimi “the great” and against Lewis “the Demolitioner”.

Thank god for Red Bull that I can support whole heartdedly as a team. And Vettel is one of the best active drivers on the grid. Much closer in talent to Kimi than Lewis.

• Paige Michael-Shetley said on 14th October 2009, 8:51

Pariscy,

You can argue that Kimi better than Lewis. But there’s just no legitimate argument for him being “light years” better than Lewis.

6. Steph90 said on 13th October 2009, 9:01

Hiya Harv, this year? Mclaren vs Ferrari is far more interesting. I should be happy next year; I always love it when it is a Mc-Fer drivers and constructors fight :)

• Harv's said on 13th October 2009, 9:17

lately when the races have finished ive been looking at the points between McLaren and Ferrari straight away, got bored with the championship after the british gp.

i hope that they both go to abu dabhi with equal points, maybe ferrari will take a new wing of there 2010 and take it there just for the pride.

O and McLaren news, McLaern have also stoped develpoing this car 3 weeks ago, the new 2010 car is already radically differnet from this year and costruction is going full ahead, from mr. whitmarsh

2010 looks good for Ferrari, McLaren fans, none of this perfect strategy from ross races next year please. this year has been bescribed as an “interesting” championship, i want and “exciting” one,

7. DanThorn said on 13th October 2009, 9:09

McLaren will more than likely finish 3rd, their car development this year has been unbelievable and Hamilton is much better driver now than he’s ever been. Kudos to Ferrari and Kimi though, they stopped developing their car so long ago it’s a wonder they’re still able to score points.

What will be interesting is if it rains – would the McLaren generate enough downforce to be competitive under those conditions? We saw Lewis spin 3 or 4 times in China while Massa carved through the field…

• mp4-19b said on 13th October 2009, 12:20

Yes, Mclaren’s development has been nothing short of phenomenal. This current mclaren car must be re-christened mp4-24b or something. Its so different from the Melbourne spec car. And I think mclaren will obliterate the field next year. I’ll explain why:

The last time that mclaren started with a dog of a car was 2004, with the mp4-19. It was aerodynamically a radical car, efficient though, but lacked reliability. Adrian newey forgot that merc engine need cooling. The sidepods were so radically different from other cars of that year. their poor season continued till the new mp4-19b( according to martin brundle the fastest f1 car ever built) was introduced. The car was fast & reliable. Kimi stared his throne ascend at spa by winning for the first time.

In 2005, Mclaren had arguably the fastest car. But again lack of reliability on mercedes side cost them both titles.

I see a pattern between 04-05 & 09-10.

2004 2009
      mp4-19 mp4-19b mp4-24 mp4-24b
      dog decent dog decent

2005 2010
      mp4-20 mp4-25
      killer killer??

If that Mercedes is anywhere as reliable as this year’s. I see mclaren romping home to both titles. Its long over due!

8. McLaren should seal the deal with Lewis’ hard work; Kimi has been carrying Ferrari since Hungary but don’t forget it was Massa carrying him for most of the first half! Lewis should also pip Kimi to 5th in the drivers’ standings too, and interestingly is only 8.5 points behind Webber’s 4th, which would be a terrific achievement but I’d rather Mark score points off of Button.

Either way, it will be great to see Lewis drive the #5 car, funnily enough just like Hill did in 1996 and Mansell in 1992; and just like Mansell, it will be a red 5!

• mp4-19b said on 13th October 2009, 13:08

I wouldn’t be surprised if next years mclaren turns out to be a FW14B.

• dominic said on 13th October 2009, 16:12

Do you work for McLaren honestly sometimes these comments are ridiculous… I agree wiv me and random chimp please change the record about alonso stop drumming the walking advertisment we know as lewis-beat …

9. Harv's said on 13th October 2009, 9:30

thanks for sorting that out keith!

10. It has to be Mclaren. Their car is the stronger right now and they have the new aero package to play around with and the stronger Kers. Kovi should also do a better job than fisi who is finding the Ferrari a bit of a handfull. Lets hope Mclaren and Ferrari have great cars next year so we can see Alonso and Lewis battle it out fair and square.

• mp4-19b said on 13th October 2009, 13:19

Kovi should also do a better job than fisi

Doubt that though :) But the mp4-24’s technical advantage will suffice for them to dethrone ferrari from that coveted 3rd place.
      Kimi will have to pull out something very special for ferrari to hang on to that third place & Kimi is capable of doing just that.

11. steph90 said on 13th October 2009, 10:04

And massa and kimi will be in the hunt 2!

12. steph90 said on 13th October 2009, 10:07

Bit off topic but keith comments by me have be left by mobile so site works very well on mobile!

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 13th October 2009, 13:56

Good to hear – I don’t think comments are displaying in the right order on the mobile site though, it’s something I need to work on.

• Steph90 said on 13th October 2009, 19:25

Mine so far seem to be in right order from what I sent on mobile, I’ll be trying to get onto live blog via mobile on Friday while I’m stuck at uni…

13. ajokay said on 13th October 2009, 10:12

I think McLaren will continue their upswing for form and beat Ferrari to 3rd spot. I seriously doubt Toyota will gain a place on either of them, not if Keith’s graph rings true and carries on like that for the last 2 races.

1- Brawn GP
    2- Red Bull
    3- McLaren
    4- Ferrari
    5- Toyota

Would would be a quite special turn of events is if Rubens wins the Drivers crown, and takes his number 1 to Williams. They’d cling to that number 1 like there’s no tomorrow if that happened, although I wouldn’t see them retaining it into 2011.

• mp4-19b said on 13th October 2009, 13:25

You never know. Williams have been developing that radical KERS. It might just prove to be the very innovation that might propel them into championship contenders. If they manage to secure that Renault engines, they might be a force to reckon. BTW the last Brazilian to drive for Williams-Renault was the great master himself. Wouldn’t it be great to see Rubens in a Williams-Renault?

• ajokay said on 13th October 2009, 15:12

Yes, yes it would. As long as they paint said Williams-Renault white, blue, and yellow.

• Martin said on 13th October 2009, 16:25

I believe williams will end up with cosworth power. they are too far behind to get renault as that group is in a tailspin after the piquet incident. although the best year reanult motors have had was with williams.

14. rampante said on 13th October 2009, 10:42

this has been a season of what ifs and confusion. It is always good for the sport to have someone else enter the frame. Next year will be very different and it will be normal service for Ferrari and Mclaren.
    Lewis has proven in the second half of this year that he really is a driver after the mistakes he made at the start of the year and Kimi also woke up after a long sleep. As a Ferrari fan 3rd of 4th makes no difference, the team race to win. I have been very supprised at the total lack of performance from Kovi, what has he been up to this year. I do have to say that the comments from
    Paige Michael-Shetley made me laugh. The demise of Ferrari are only a matter of time? Time you got out of the goldfish bowl you live in and realise one poor year in ten is not the end as it will be next year for teams like Red Bull, Brawn and Toyota. Anything they pick up next year will mostly be from errors/breakdowns By Ferrari/Mclaren and remember they will have the 4 best drivers with them. top points for others will be few and far between.

• mp4-19b said on 13th October 2009, 13:59

If what Ferrari say is true about treating drivers equally, Teflonso will not have any of it. hHe’ll try his antics here. I will be ecstatic to see Ferrari do a ‘Prost 1991‘ to Teflonso. I’ll not be surprised if that happens. Whiners are not allowed at Ferrari.

• Paige Michael-Shetley said on 14th October 2009, 8:55

rampante,

I’m talking about Ferrari’s current 3rd place position in THIS YEAR’s championship. I wasn’t talking about their prospects in the future. If you were reading my comment at anything approaching a post-secondary level of literacy, you would have been able to pick up on this.

15. Prisoner Monkeys said on 13th October 2009, 10:56

I’m banking on McLaren. Fisichella and Kovalainen are having a rough time, so it comes down to Hamilton and Raikkonen. And in a straight fight, I’m banking on the Briton.

1 2 3