Brazilian Grand Prix grid (Updated)

1. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn-Mercedes – 1’19.576
16. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren-Mercedes – 1’25.052
17. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren-Mercedes – 1’25.192
18. Nick Heidfeld, BMW – 1’25.515
19. Giancarlo Fisichella, Ferrari – 1’40.703
20. Vitantonio Liuzzi, Force India-Mercedes – no time*

*Gearbox change penalty

29 comments on Brazilian Grand Prix grid (Updated)

1. EPIC

Tomorrow is going to be v.e.r.y. interesting

• Ned Flanders said on 17th October 2009, 22:44

Hate to be pessimistic, but we say that before every race and they usually turn out boring! It’ll be great if Barrichello wins though

2. three4three said on 17th October 2009, 20:52

Wow that was a long qualifying!

I feel elated. Come on Rubens!!!

3. Ali Prime said on 17th October 2009, 20:52

Go Ruby go :)

4. Random Chimp said on 17th October 2009, 20:52

Time for a shave Seb.

5. steph90 said on 17th October 2009, 20:55

Brilliant, I’m going to go to bed grinning like an idiot!
    Kimi 5th better than I expected, Alonso and Kubica can maybe work their way up, Buemi 6th and I feel Jaime did very, very well today. But Rubens that was the best! Just what I wanted

6. Scribe said on 17th October 2009, 20:57

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH BUTTON!
    rigjht thats it no more support for him
    that is exactly the kind of exasperating English sportsmenship we are slowly breaking away from.

BUTTON IS HENMANN IN A CAR

for the rest of the season its

RUHBINO! RUHBINO!

• Scribe said on 17th October 2009, 21:00

that said what a great race we have set up for tommorow.

Wonder how many places Hamilton can fight his way up. Vettle can’t win but he can prove he’s an overtaker.

Please let Rubi win it….
      I want to hear the Brazillian roar when/if he does.

Also I wonder what Ferdy can do. hmmm

7. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay Rubinho
    So exciting!!!!!!!!!!
    I am on a high
    I can hardly wait for tomorrow.
    Its all over for Jenson

8. StrFerrari4Ever said on 17th October 2009, 20:59

For someone whose never raced at Interlagos to qualify 6th in those conditions was brilliant from Buemi , Barrichello used all of his home support to his advantage and this leaves us with a grid that’s going to produce out of this world racing you wait and see :D

• Ned Flanders said on 17th October 2009, 22:50

Ah but with a name StrFerrari4ever I think you’re biased about Buemi! But but to be fair he did well, at one point he looked like he might have ended up on pole, which would’ve been amazing

9. mp4-19b said on 17th October 2009, 21:00

10 points in the bag :D Not sure about RACE PREDICTIONS THOUGH. Hamilton & Button are way down the grid. But I wouldn’t mind if the checkered flag is waved before the race start :P

10. Yessss
    Perfect grid for tomorrow
    Rubens will be CHAMPION

11. James said on 17th October 2009, 21:04

People are talking as if Rubens has won this race already? There are 71 laps to go yet, and if today is anything to go by, then ANYTHING could just happen.

I’ve got a deep feeling that it wont be plain sailing for Rubens, he’s got a few youngsters near to him (as has Jenson, it must be said) that could cause trouble i.e. Sutil, Buemi and Rosberg.

12. Lewis is the greatest said on 17th October 2009, 21:04

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay Rubinho!!!!!!!
    fantastic qualifying
    I can’t wait for you to drive down the chequered flag at Yas Marina.

13. I knew it, i knew it
    that Button will suck today
    Congrats to Rubens

14. I am a bit sad for Vettel
    I wanted him in the mix
    Jenson fails yet again to impress

15. Giuliano Vilela said on 17th October 2009, 21:18

IMO, it’s incredibly surprising how JB manages not to fight for his winning position. Sure, he was the king at the start of the season, but c’mon!