F1 2009: Which races did you go to?

One of my pictures from the British Grand Prix

One of my pictures from the British Grand Prix

Yesterday we looked back on another F1 season packed with live blogging fun.

But the one thing better than seeing F1 on TV is being there are the track. Tell us about the races you went to this year.

This year I went to the British Grand Prix having skipped it last year. My personal record of never seeing a home win in Britain – or any country, for that matter – is still intact.

I had a brilliant time at Silverstone and even got to meet a couple of F1 Fanatic readers!

Which races did you go to in 2009? Leave a comment below and remember to leave some tips for fans heading to races in 2010 on these pages:

56 comments on F1 2009: Which races did you go to?

1 2 3
  1. Remco said on 13th November 2009, 7:15

This year none….sadly!
    I’ve only been to 2 races in the past; 2001 Hungary and 2006 France.

• No nor me…. a weekend for the family for the same price as a three week holiday. No way.

I used to go every year then Bernie got greedy. Zandvort was the best ever.

2. The Stig said on 13th November 2009, 7:34

Nurburgring.Cold and windy all tree days but grand prix strecke is underestimated i think.

• Mike "the bike" Schumacher said on 13th November 2009, 22:21

I was at the Nurburgring in 2007, brilliant race, started raining on the first lap causing havoc and mixing the order, Markus Whinklehook led his only grand prix! and Alonso overtook Masssa for the lead with only a few laps left.
      It was a sensational weekend, got Vettels and glocks autographs.
      Havn’t been to a grand prix since though.

3. I havent seen any race till now. I m waiting for New Delhi GP in 2011. They r building a circuit just outside Delhi but I wished they made Delhi GP a street circuit….

4. Sebastien Carter said on 13th November 2009, 8:12

Hear Hear! I remember there was a rather brisk cold wind when we were sitting on the stands at the end of hanger straight Keith!

5. GeeMac said on 13th November 2009, 8:29

Unfortunately, and despite Bernie’s expanded calendar, all of the GP’s are at least an 8-10 hour flight away from South Africa, so I have yet to attend a race despite having been a fanatic for nigh on 17 years!

Here’s hoping Kyalami gets back onto the calendar, but I doubt it…:-(

6. James_mc said on 13th November 2009, 8:29

Spa – Noisy pyromaniac AC/DC-playing Germans in the campsite but oh so worth it.

7. James said on 13th November 2009, 8:52

None at all! =( And it looks to be the same next year if Silverstone and Bernie don’t sort themselves out!

8. McPhil said on 13th November 2009, 9:05

GeeMac, I have decided that, granted it happens, I am going to the British GP next year. I want paddock passes and all…

I don’t think Kyalami will ever get a F1 race there again unless they do a major upgrade. In which case they might as well build a new circuit.

9. stjoslin said on 13th November 2009, 9:14

I had three really enjoyable days at Silverstone, it was great! The party after the race on Sunday was really good too with the drivers and team owners all showing their support for the race staying at silverstone, never managed to stay for that as I usually clear off early. I recommend it if there is another race there.

I really want to go to Spa next year or even Montreal – but money will dictate that.

10. christopher (sennaboy3) said on 13th November 2009, 9:48

Hit 2 this year. Silverstone, was windy & cold, but well worth it for the roving grandstand seats. SPA is just epic, brought my dad & had a great time camping with people from this very site! Hoping to attend 5 next year assuming Canada comes back…(Canada, SPA, Monza, Brazil and Singapore)

• Toby Bushby said on 14th November 2009, 8:55

I was at Singapore this year. It’s well worth it. They stick you all in different little zones, which is a bit weird, but Singapore loves it’s rules! I thoroughly recommend both the Grand Prix and the Island itself.

I was at Albert Park too, since it’s just down the road. Always brilliant until they run out of beer!

11. SPA! We sat on Kemmel Straight right in front of the ‘giant screen’. Could even see Busstop and start/finish from there.

My first F1 visit and it was absolutely fantastic!

• jemnery said on 15th November 2009, 8:10

Yep, Spa is a wonderful place. We were up at Pouhon with a cracking view of fast corners in both directions and a screen in front of us. Spent most of Saturday evening saying “Force India?!?”.

Tips for first-timers: if you’re in general admission bring a folding chair and pick a spot early. Bring clothing for all weathers!

We did our Spa visit this year entirely by public transport and it worked really well. Eurostar to Brussels, and you can use your Eurostar ticket on any internal train service. So we got a train to Verviers, and from outside the station was a €5 bus service to the track.

12. Rahim said on 13th November 2009, 9:53

13. Rahim said on 13th November 2009, 9:54

Though Malaysian gp was a flop, i’m sure those who visited it would have so much like me……Raikkonen is really cool….:-)

14. Rahim said on 13th November 2009, 9:55

i mean enjoyed so much like me

• Hey Rahim I know you’re a Kimi fan and mutterings he is closeer to deciding his future. Hope he hurries up!

• wasiF1 said on 14th November 2009, 1:52

I would love to visit Spa as it sounds to be in heaven,but that will cost huge for me as I live in Bangladesh.I am planning to visit 2010 Malaysia.& guess just today the ticket sales has just opened.I would love to hear if anybody can help me about the race weekend.

Rahim if you can please let me know which seat will be the best for the race weekend.

15. Silverstone (as usual) and Monza for me this year :)

1 2 3