F1 links: Last ever edition

Welcome to the final instalment of F1 links. I’m retiring this series to make way for a new daily site round-up which will include some links plus content from the forum and top comments.

There’ll be more stuff too but I’m not going to give it all away just yet. However if you’ve not replied to this post from last year yet you might want to consider it…

For now, here’s a final round-up of interesting F1 links I’ve found today. See you tomorrow for the all-new F1 Fanatic daily round-up.

Oh, and if you can think of a decent name for the new series, please post one in the comments!

Senna under pressure to perform in Formula One (The Guardian)

“People think of Ayrton when they hear the Senna name. Some people doubt I can do something, or that I am here on my own merits, but this is not my concern. The important thing is people support me because they know what I can do, and I have great belief in my own ability.”

Renault F1 Team

Renault have closed their website and are planning to re-launch it in the new year.

The interim page is pleasingly free of the mish-mash of orange and blue which has spoiled their colour scheme in recent years. Are we going to see a traditional black-yellow-and-white Renault in 2010?

Status Quo stars and Formula One champion honoured

Jenson Button now has an MBE to go with his, erm, Gold Blue Peter badge.

Got a link or suggestion for tomorrow’s round-up? Send it in by email or via Twitter.

20 comments on F1 links: Last ever edition

1. Well thank you for doing this work, Kieth, I can’t wait to see the new version of the site! The ‘articles in brief’ has always been a good feature of the site and I’m sure the new improved version will be even better!

Happy new year!

MattB

2. Looking forward to the re-launch Keith, the preview shot looked great! :)

As for the series name ‘Daily round-up’ sounds fine – it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Happy New Year and all the best for 2010. I’ve been visiting F1F daily for two years now and I don’t imagine this year will be any different :D

3. Ned Flanders said on 31st December 2009, 13:12

Sayonara, F1 Links. We’ll miss you.

And for a new name, how about: ‘Super- sensational Formula 1 news extravaganza!!’ Or perhaps Daily round up is OK as it is…

4. I third ‘Daily F1 Round-up’.

Good luck for the new year, Keith!

5. I liked the F1 links section as it usually contained some news stories which I hadn’t heard about, I am glad it is not disappearing completely and will be included in some form on the re-launched site.

There doesn’t seem to be much wrong with some variation on ‘Daily round-up’ for the name for the new section to me.

6. Chris P said on 31st December 2009, 13:36

Hi Keith, quick correction on the above piece: Jenson Button was given an MBE not a knighthood.

As for name ideas, how about ‘F1 Today’ or ‘Today in F1’?

7. verstappen said on 31st December 2009, 14:33

“What’s happening in F1?”

8. Mouse_Nightshirt said on 31st December 2009, 15:06

“F1 RND” (Formula 1 Racing News Daily :D)

9. I was under the impression Jenson got an MBE?!

Otherwise, thanks for another great year on the site and I’m looking forward to the revamp…

10. paxdog57 said on 31st December 2009, 16:02

Latest F1 Headlines

11. scunnyman said on 31st December 2009, 16:31

So when will we see the results of the post from last year Keith?

Maybe on the 1st anniversary of the original article????

Lol.

12. Keith,

I love your site, and I cruise several sites daily (many of which end up in the ‘F1 Links’ section). If I don’t have time to check all the sites I like, I know I can come to your links section and get an F1 Quick Fix, a sort of Stop and Go to bring me up to date, but no analysis. F1 Links has been the Raw Telemetry of the F1 scene. Whatever you name it, please keep it up.

It is rather impressive that you are taking the leap to do this full time. I believe you have already done most of the heavy lifting required to get where you are with this project, so I wish you continued success.

13. Woffin said on 31st December 2009, 17:57

How about “Links from other F1 websites which are following in my wake of awesomeness”?

Yeah its a bit long, I know. But apart from that I think its pretty accurate :)

14. Thanks for posting the links Keith and have a great new year – working fulltime? – to give us loonies/fanatics? – same thing different label!! – such interesting articles and seeing how some of us react to them – not a quiet bunch – but great fun!!!
    As for the name – the F1 daily Fix? – thanks again

15. wasiF1 said on 1st January 2010, 3:31

Thanks Keith for improving this site for us.