Is this Ferrari’s 2010 livery?

Spanish newspaper Marca claims to have exclusive illustrations of Ferrari’s 2010 Ferrari. See here for pictures of the design.

The livery shows a heavy presence for Santander as expected. But the front and rear wings are white, even though Santander’s corporate colours are white text on a red background.

I’ve contacted Ferrari to find out if the images are genuine but haven’t had a reply yet. What do you think?

Update: These are official pictures of the drivers’ 2010 race suits issued by Ferrari, which also has the Santander logo red-on-white:

Thanks to IDR for the tip

Image (C) Ferrari spa

90 comments on Is this Ferrari’s 2010 livery?

1. Looks real…

Looks disgusting too…

2. HounslowBusGarage said on 20th January 2010, 20:46

I followed the link to the Spanish site to have a look at the Ferrari livery and then poked about on some of their other stories. There’s one about the competition for the last five places for the 2010 grid. So I copied the text and translated it via Google.
    Google translated Campos Meta as Field Goal.
    Huh?

• luigismen said on 20th January 2010, 21:46

That’s was I was going to say, I don’t know what’s the big problem, they had enough white on their livery back then when marlboro were on the car… is literally the same livery but whit santander instead of marlboro

3. Looks like a mediocre photoshop exercise to me- just look at the barge boards and the mirrors on the second image

4. Looks plausible to me. It reminds me of the white bits on the Ferrari F93A, which in turn reminded everyone of the late 70s’ Ferrari 312Ts.

White on a scarlet car is far more usual than the black wings they had during the 80s and early 90s, e.g. on the Ferrari 640 a.k.a. F1-90 (although I have to say that this is the most beautiful F1 Ferrari ever).

5. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 20th January 2010, 21:07

Just found and added some official pictures of the drivers’ race suits.

• Keith – I think you can use the picture with the new livery. It is a promotional picture from Santander and not Marca´s property.

6. look nice

7. I don’t like it. Ferrari should be pure red.

8. It seems like Alonso have drove the new Ferrari at Paul Richard for a Santander video.

9. Icthyes said on 20th January 2010, 22:03

If that’s the real livery then I love it. I only said a few days ago how I loved the F2002 livery, and said the front/top of the wings should be painted white, with red endplates. The rear wing has white ends too, but I like it even better for it!

• Jraybay-Hamiltonmclarenfan said on 22nd January 2010, 19:30

Red and white looks good. I don’t know what people are complainiing about here. I know ferrari has a certain red but enough of it is still shown that you know what chassis it is. f2002 is known as one of the better looking chassis and it had white nose and rear wing. and the fire suits had white all over them. I don’t get it.

10. Calum said on 20th January 2010, 22:11

Well, it doesn’t seem that bad, same as the vodafone White on the early 2000s cars. However it still has that silly barcode, when will they get rid of that!

The trophys are supposed to be “traditional style” and not “influenced by sponsorship companies” and that is why they break the rules

11. Prisoner Monkeys said on 20th January 2010, 23:09

I think I’d have to see the actual livery to pass judgement on it.

12. There were details posted a few days ago (maybe a week or two) saying that the 2010 Ferrari would be similar to the RB5 from 2009. In particular the step nose.

Now look at those photos – its obviously the 2009 car. Far out, settle down you lot crying and claiming they should be disqualified for the season…….

And again – Ferrari have used whites and blacks on their cars plenty of times before, this isn’t without precedent.

13. mitchibob said on 21st January 2010, 2:16

So, the barcode effect bit, that’s what Marlboro have left of their sponsorship? How many grand prix are they still actually allowed to show their logo in? Hardly seems worth keeping the sponsorship going, if that’s what it is.

14. Paul Owen said on 21st January 2010, 4:50