Is this Ferrari’s 2010 livery?

Spanish newspaper Marca claims to have exclusive illustrations of Ferrari’s 2010 Ferrari. See here for pictures of the design.

The livery shows a heavy presence for Santander as expected. But the front and rear wings are white, even though Santander’s corporate colours are white text on a red background.

I’ve contacted Ferrari to find out if the images are genuine but haven’t had a reply yet. What do you think?

Update: These are official pictures of the drivers’ 2010 race suits issued by Ferrari, which also has the Santander logo red-on-white:

Thanks to IDR for the tip

Image (C) Ferrari spa

90 comments on Is this Ferrari’s 2010 livery?

1. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 20th January 2010, 21:07

Just found and added some official pictures of the drivers’ race suits.

• Keith – I think you can use the picture with the new livery. It is a promotional picture from Santander and not Marca´s property.

2. look nice

3. I don’t like it. Ferrari should be pure red.

4. It seems like Alonso have drove the new Ferrari at Paul Richard for a Santander video.

5. Icthyes said on 20th January 2010, 22:03

If that’s the real livery then I love it. I only said a few days ago how I loved the F2002 livery, and said the front/top of the wings should be painted white, with red endplates. The rear wing has white ends too, but I like it even better for it!

• Jraybay-Hamiltonmclarenfan said on 22nd January 2010, 19:30

Red and white looks good. I don’t know what people are complainiing about here. I know ferrari has a certain red but enough of it is still shown that you know what chassis it is. f2002 is known as one of the better looking chassis and it had white nose and rear wing. and the fire suits had white all over them. I don’t get it.

6. Calum said on 20th January 2010, 22:11

Well, it doesn’t seem that bad, same as the vodafone White on the early 2000s cars. However it still has that silly barcode, when will they get rid of that!

The trophys are supposed to be “traditional style” and not “influenced by sponsorship companies” and that is why they break the rules

7. Prisoner Monkeys said on 20th January 2010, 23:09

I think I’d have to see the actual livery to pass judgement on it.

8. There were details posted a few days ago (maybe a week or two) saying that the 2010 Ferrari would be similar to the RB5 from 2009. In particular the step nose.

Now look at those photos – its obviously the 2009 car. Far out, settle down you lot crying and claiming they should be disqualified for the season…….

And again – Ferrari have used whites and blacks on their cars plenty of times before, this isn’t without precedent.

9. mitchibob said on 21st January 2010, 2:16

So, the barcode effect bit, that’s what Marlboro have left of their sponsorship? How many grand prix are they still actually allowed to show their logo in? Hardly seems worth keeping the sponsorship going, if that’s what it is.

10. Paul Owen said on 21st January 2010, 4:50

I don’t get the ‘shock’ really. This is SO similar to the F2204

11. sumedh said on 21st January 2010, 5:50

Its good, a bit like old times, when Schumi was in the team. But the out-n-out red cars which they made for 2007-2009 were pretty bloody awesome!!!!

It looks good, but not great.

12. Awful.

I liked the early 2000 red and white Ferraris, this is a totally different shade of red though.

13. I quite dont dig the white. I liked the photoshop that Ive seen passing by once. This one:

It surely makes the car more darker and agressive when its in a combination of black and red colors. The white color gives it a bit of a.. well.. dont know exactly how to describe it. I dont like it.

I read also here that white letters on a red background doesnt fit well. I do not agree with that. Look at this picture how well the name of Marlboro stands out on the red:

14. I am not a fan of the red and white Ferrari liveries of recent years, and these picture seem to have more white which doesn’t work for me. I much preferred the red and black livery Ferrari used in the late 1980s early 1990s.

15. I like it.

16. Platine said on 21st January 2010, 9:22

Its just wrong, red red red is Ferrari.

The car with white wings looks like the old Marlboro McLarens, so wrong.

17. K. Chandra Shekhar said on 21st January 2010, 11:29

Looks like Toyota?

18. Choltz said on 21st January 2010, 12:32

Autosport has a picture of the new livery on the 09 car that Massa is driving.

19. Calum said on 21st January 2010, 13:31

Can anybody see if that is a barcide or a Santander logo on the side of the engine cover

20. Joshy said on 21st January 2010, 13:41

You can kinda still see Felipe’s injury on his eye.