Is this Ferrari’s 2010 livery?

Spanish newspaper Marca claims to have exclusive illustrations of Ferrari’s 2010 Ferrari. See here for pictures of the design.

The livery shows a heavy presence for Santander as expected. But the front and rear wings are white, even though Santander’s corporate colours are white text on a red background.

I’ve contacted Ferrari to find out if the images are genuine but haven’t had a reply yet. What do you think?

Update: These are official pictures of the drivers’ 2010 race suits issued by Ferrari, which also has the Santander logo red-on-white:

Thanks to IDR for the tip

Image (C) Ferrari spa

90 comments on Is this Ferrari’s 2010 livery?

1. sumedh said on 21st January 2010, 5:50

Its good, a bit like old times, when Schumi was in the team. But the out-n-out red cars which they made for 2007-2009 were pretty bloody awesome!!!!

It looks good, but not great.

2. Awful.

I liked the early 2000 red and white Ferraris, this is a totally different shade of red though.

3. I quite dont dig the white. I liked the photoshop that Ive seen passing by once. This one:

It surely makes the car more darker and agressive when its in a combination of black and red colors. The white color gives it a bit of a.. well.. dont know exactly how to describe it. I dont like it.

I read also here that white letters on a red background doesnt fit well. I do not agree with that. Look at this picture how well the name of Marlboro stands out on the red:

4. I am not a fan of the red and white Ferrari liveries of recent years, and these picture seem to have more white which doesn’t work for me. I much preferred the red and black livery Ferrari used in the late 1980s early 1990s.

5. I like it.

6. Platine said on 21st January 2010, 9:22

Its just wrong, red red red is Ferrari.

The car with white wings looks like the old Marlboro McLarens, so wrong.

7. K. Chandra Shekhar said on 21st January 2010, 11:29

Looks like Toyota?

8. Choltz said on 21st January 2010, 12:32

Autosport has a picture of the new livery on the 09 car that Massa is driving.

9. Calum said on 21st January 2010, 13:31

Can anybody see if that is a barcide or a Santander logo on the side of the engine cover

10. Joshy said on 21st January 2010, 13:41

You can kinda still see Felipe’s injury on his eye.

11. Bernard said on 21st January 2010, 18:26

The question is,

Does autosport know something we don’t? Look at the ‘2010 F1 LAUNCHES’ section, in particular the small icons of the cars:

12. Bartholomew said on 21st January 2010, 20:43

This looks very old and boring

13. Jay Menon said on 22nd January 2010, 5:47

Looks like an Ultraman suit.

14. Rahim said on 22nd January 2010, 7:45

ahhh i hate it…..the suit and plus the helmets….these too look so boring with these colors…..
    Look at Kimi’s Helmet even though he looked boring his helmet always matched with the Livery and the suit….

15. David said on 22nd January 2010, 7:48

I love it. The red on the fat front wing never looked good for the F60. The only thing better would be black front + rear wings.